What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why all the brand bickering???  (Read 14165 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Why all the brand bickering???
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:43 pm »
Are we arguing about why we argue?  ;)

A:   Come in.
M:   Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
A:   I told you once.
M:   No you haven't.
A:   Yes I have.
M:   When?
A:    Just now.
M:   No you didn't.
A:   Yes I did.
M:  You didn't
A:   I did!
M:  You didn't!
A:   I'm telling you I did!
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:43 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 12:30:43 pm »
anne,

is a discussion arguing ? .....a good conversation is one of life's great pleasures.... :D

LINDALU

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 12:30:52 pm »
We are new to "Tubbing" also, got ours 28 days ago.
Found this forum after buying ours, so only have mild interest in the postings that boast of one over the other.
I don't think it will ever be settled which is better, most everyone has to make a choice based on brand/options, size, geographic location, dealer,  their budget, etc., etc.,
everything unique to their own personal situation.
Who can really say... Ford is better than Chevy, or Beamer is better than Benz.
But...we have found this forum to be very informative on many subjects.
One month ago we knew virtually ZERO about hot tubs and water conditioning, now (by no means an expert), we have gained some real basic knowledge about tubs and water care.
Have posted some very basic questions and feel we have gotten some very earnest replies (thanks).
Also, have looked at the www.rhtubs.com site and have found some very good info on the Q&A message board, about chemicals, ect., that info seems to be very factual.
We really enjoy our tub, as so far it's been working well and fits our situation.
So...will continue to monitor this forum and glean whatever info we can.
That's our "blurb"... ::)

hymbaw

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 12:32:10 pm »
Anne,
That is exactly the type of reasonable, level headed posts that we are trying to avoid! ;D ::)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hymbaw

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 12:38:01 pm »
Who can really say... Ford is better than Chevy, or Beamer is better than Benz.

No one can!

Apparently you also can't say that a Beamer is better than a Ford, or a Benz better than a Chevy.(at least not without gettin' someone fired up) ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
Where is the Hot Spring bashing/trashing ....maybe I am wrong....I just never remember the product ever really gettting trashed.....

"I have to get some pictures of the Watkins stuff we come across that has that "outstanding" 5 year workmanship " ( could it possibly be any more vague) guarantee on its cabinet but excludes you know the things that actually take place in a backyard like fading, warping or discoloring that gets chalked up to "normal wear and tear" but Marquis covers against for a full 7 years..."

"You would want it maybe because they are a multi million dollar marketing machine.  When you carry Hot Spring you also get state of the art brainwashing, I mean sales training, you get great showroom materials, and you get sales leads supplied to you by the factory that have about an 18% closing rate.  Dont let the fact that the spa may not be comfortable or have enough jets.  Its a Hot Spring!  People will buy it just for the name."

"It surprises me however, that your water quality will go south in one day, must be a testamonial to the quality of Hot Springs no by pass filtration." (This jab in regards to a Tiger River Spa, which does not have 100% No-bypass filtration)

"Nothing like clarification and finding out Hot Spring has their shells made in Mexico to kill a thread."(HotSpring shells are not made in Mexico)

These were just a few quick ones I found.

I'm not saying it's coming from you, Mendo.  You do your best to remain the voice of neutrality.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 01:11:56 pm »
re: I was completely sincere when I said HotSpring receives a tremendous amount of bashing from the competition.  

I think you (like me) at first misunderstood what Term is saying.

At first I was like "he cant be saying HS gets bashed in here?".

I believe he is saying HS gets alot of bashing, but he does not mean on this message board, he means out in the real world of hot tub sales.

Sure there may be a few HS "slights" in here, but the difference is there are 500 positives to every negative, but like with my CalSpas it's almost 100% negative. Huge difference when you get 99% positive vs. almost nothing but negative comments from people that don't even own a CalSpas tub.

Isn't that correct Term?

Because anyone can easily see that this is an extremely "Hot Spring Friendly" forum.

And rightfully so....Hot Spring appears to be a great brand and an industry leader as you say.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 01:30:37 pm by Zep »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 01:41:36 pm »

"I have to get some pictures of the Watkins stuff we come across that has that "outstanding" 5 year workmanship " ( could it possibly be any more vague) guarantee on its cabinet but excludes you know the things that actually take place in a backyard like fading, warping or discoloring that gets chalked up to "normal wear and tear" but Marquis covers against for a full 7 years..."

"You would want it maybe because they are a multi million dollar marketing machine.  When you carry Hot Spring you also get state of the art brainwashing, I mean sales training, you get great showroom materials, and you get sales leads supplied to you by the factory that have about an 18% closing rate.  Dont let the fact that the spa may not be comfortable or have enough jets.  Its a Hot Spring!  People will buy it just for the name."

"It surprises me however, that your water quality will go south in one day, must be a testamonial to the quality of Hot Springs no by pass filtration." (This jab in regards to a Tiger River Spa, which does not have 100% No-bypass filtration)

"Nothing like clarification and finding out Hot Spring has their shells made in Mexico to kill a thread."(HotSpring shells are not made in Mexico)

These were just a few quick ones I found.

I'm not saying it's coming from you, Mendo.  You do your best to remain the voice of neutrality.

Terminator

Term perhaps I am wrong but all those things were said in the heat of a debate if you will about products and warranty's and the like....and I think in defense of things that were thrown out by others.....Do not get me wrong in the heat of discussion we may all loosen our tongue's a bit but I think when taken in the total context its not bashing but more like rebutting things that were also said.......but again maybe thats just the way I see it.....I will again say that I admire your dedication to your product along with people like Chas, Spa Happy, Hottub man, Steve, Spaman and others....I am sure we all have a long list as to why we feel ours really is the best but I think at the end of the day....most of us would respect each other enough to chalk it up to business and our believes in what we all represent and that we could still sit down and enjoy a beer....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:23:36 pm by Mendocino101 »

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 01:51:20 pm »
Hymbaw we long ago determined that the Spider Man avatar was gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) its just every time I see it my "gaydar" goes off.  ;D
-SpaMan~

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 02:10:36 pm »

No one can!

Apparently you also can't say that a Beamer is better than a Ford, or a Benz better than a Chevy.(at least not without gettin' someone fired up) ;D

Well actually, anyone can.
"BMW is better than Ford"- There, I just said it.

Saying it, however, doesn't make it true!
Brewman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 02:11:20 pm »
Are we arguing about why we argue?  ;)

M:   Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?

A:  No, it's getting hit on the head lessons in here!

Brewman

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 02:28:06 pm »
I think everything around here would be much more agreeable for everyone if when talking about hot tubs everyone starts by saying- repeat after me-

"It's not a HotSpring, but..."

Is that really so difficult?

;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 02:35:41 pm »

A:  No, it's getting hit on the head lessons in here!

Next, you'll be telling me my parrot's just fine.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 02:36:06 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:09 pm »

Well actually, anyone can.
"BMW is better than Ford"- There, I just said it.

Saying it, however, doesn't make it true!

And speaking from experience, I can easily dissagree (Ford F150).

I aint towing the jet skis with the BMW.

The camper wont fit on the BMW, no how no way.

The BMW only seats two. Tough to take my kid and his friends paint balling. AND NO FREAKIN WAY would I allow them in the BMW after a day of that (By the way, the owners manual actually says "no one can ride in the trunk"...in TWO places!).

On the flip side.........

Ever try picking up chicks in a Ford truck?

No way would the Ford have gone 150 MPH out in the middle of no where Nevada.

The only thing the Ford will beat in a race is a Chevy.

The 10 hour drive to the Aqua show in Vegas is only 6 hours in the BMW (and a LOT more fun).

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 02:59:33 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:06 pm »
Quite honestly, many of these jabs and arguments often open the door to good information. You just have to sort through some of the nastiness...For me the "Where to put he ciric pump" stands out. Not anything negative about any one product, but something that evolved to personal shots because of a concept disagreement.

Term, I have seen you take some of those Hot Springs shots and turn them into an opportunity to show the quality of your tubs..So if you look at things from that perspective, it's all good.

I do feel for Zep and Windsurfdog, who only hear negative things .. they love their tubs...and I give them lots of credit for hanging around here. My neighbor loves his tub from Lowes...I guess the negativity prevails
when facts get clouded with lots of opinion...and second hand information.
Just for the record, my cousin loves his Cal  Spa on the beach, it is not the beautiful rock cabinet, but it suits their needs and looks great at the beach house. And my friends, who bought their Down East under lots of pressure at a Master Spa show, are equally as satisfied.
The neighbor with the Lowes tub just replaced a pump, the tub is 6 years old...so that's not too bad. And he uses his tub EVERY DAY ...
Now lets all quit the bickering and play nice....Mom says so >:(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 03:06:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42