What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: marquis ozonator  (Read 6975 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
marquis ozonator
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:58:59 pm »
well can anyone tell me what type of ozoneator my marquis tub has i know the light is purple is all oh and marquis must have done some testing on these before factory installing them also ul approved anyone know how to obtain any of their test results?  thanks

Hot Tub Forum

marquis ozonator
« on: August 05, 2006, 09:58:59 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: marquis ozonator
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 10:38:43 pm »
The ozonator used by Marquis is a plasma cell ozonator.
The unit is solid state, so there is no ballast and starter and it puts out a consistant level of ozone for a very long lifespan.  The estimated life is 10-15 years with no degradation (per the manufacturer).
The ozone is introduced into the water via a Mazzei injector and then goes through a contact chamber to keep the ozone bubbles in contact with the water as long as possible.  This makes for an extremely efficient system and passes U.L. standards for zero offgassing.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:12:55 pm »
Yes the very nice thing about the Marquis unit is it is not your standard UV type and seems to have solved what was the UV bulbs shortcomings by using the a plasma cell to fire it up and thus producing a consistent and reliable flow of ozone and in simulated testing was shown to work for 7 years with no drop off in its out put.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:53:56 am »
Tests were done on the Marquis Q3 ozonator and it performed flawlessly after being turned on and off 100,000 times.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:00:09 am »
I'm just curious why Marquis doesn't use a CD ozonator. Is it for cost reasons or does Marquis believe their method is technically superior?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:37:49 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 03:06:39 am »
A CD ozonator eventually requires maintenance.  The Marquis ozonator has a purple glow to it that lets you know that it is on, it is either working 100% or it is not working at all, never any maintenance.  I doubt it is a cheaper unit, Marquis has never been known to use an inferior component in order to cut costs.  As DPS said in an earlier post, when an ozonator goes out, the customer usually notices it because their water chemistry turns to crap.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 12:42:32 pm »
I'm just curious why Marquis doesn't use a CD ozinator. Is it for cost reasons or does Marquis believe their method is technically superior?
No not at all....One this unit is UL approved as is their total spa and two....They believe it offers the best in ozone....that's not to say CD units are not good....but they feel this offers a unit that is compatible with their goal offering a customer a spa that might have less 'showroom flash" but lasts in a backyard with minimal maintenance from the owner....

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 02:37:35 pm »
I'm just curious why Marquis doesn't use a CD ozonator. Is it for cost reasons or does Marquis believe their method is technically superior?
No not at all....One this unit is UL approved as is their total spa and two....They believe it offers the best in ozone....that's not to say CD units are not good....but they feel this offers a unit that is compatible with their goal offering a customer a spa that might have less 'showroom flash" but lasts in a backyard with minimal maintenance from the owner....

Ok, very nice. It sounds like the Marquis unit will last longer than a typical CD ozonator.

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 04:02:43 pm »
It does have a 3 year factory warranty and again in testing been shown to last for 7 years with no measurable drop in ozone output.... CD units many will require a chip replacement.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:07:44 pm by Mendocino101 »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:09:22 pm »
It does have a 3 year factory warranty and again in testing been shown to last for 7 years with no measurable drop in ozone output.... CD units many will require a chip replacement.
Only those that use the chip technology.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:12:23 pm »
Only those that use the chip technology.

Does HS use a chip? What is the life expectancy of a typical HS CD unit?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:12:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42