What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa  (Read 11341 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 04:24:06 pm »

Please, there is no conspiracy against Cal Spas, we just choose not to ignore the reputation they've earned in the industry. That doesn't mean you're doomed if you get one, it just means many of us wouldn't recommend them. If you do get a Cal Spa, I hope your dealer has someone like Spaman on board.

I think that is a very fair statement

"the reputation they've earned"

It is what it is and it is based on past history that is the to the credit or to the fault of those who have earned it.....Spaman is passionate about them as he should be and I am sure he would always do the right thing for his customers....I hope all dealers of every make would do the same....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 04:24:06 pm »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 06:46:55 pm »
So if anyone is affiliated with another spa maker their opinion shouldn't be considreed?

Please show me where my post says that?

Those same people who may not have high opinions of Cal Spas typically  have positive things to say about Arctic, Caldera, Coleman, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance, etc.

IMO....Yes there tends to be a "say no evil" of a spa maker that has a dealer that frequents this board.....heck it's human nature isn't it?

When is the last time you saw a dealer trashing another board active dealer's brand on here?

In my opinion if there was an active knowledgeable CalSpas dealer that frequented this site there would be less negative about CalSpas because of the "say no evil" and also some of the charges about CalSpas would be rebutted.

Are they out to get Cal Spas?  

They are out to help people with spa questions and they do a great job at this....and they are also out to sell their brands.

Please, there is no conspiracy against Cal Spas, we just choose not to ignore the reputation they've earned in the industry.

Never said there was a "conspiracy", but in my mind there is a rush to point out negatives that may have happened years ago and and "hush hush" about any problems other more favorite makers have had.

That doesn't mean you're doomed if you get one, it just means many of us wouldn't recommend them.

Hey most Cadillac reps don't bring up the positives about Lexus......

Is it 1000% negative about CalSpas and always 1000% positive about Hot Springs?

Are they no negatives ever about Hot Springs?....LOL

I am sure HotSprings is a wonderful, wonderful  wonderful brand, but CalSpas must be doing something right if they just opened a huge new manufacturing facility expected to create 600 new jobs.

The new CalSpas plant will employ about 1,200 workers in Pomona, California.

Cal Spas recently finished construction on the 500,000 square foot spa manufacturing building on Ninth Street, across the street from its existing manufacturing plant. The new facility will allow Cal Spas to make about 600 spas per day. With the new manufacturing facility, Cal Spas has about 1 million square feet of space on Ninth Street.

If you do get a Cal Spa, I hope your dealer has someone like Spaman on board.

All I can say is my CalSpas Tub and my CalSpas dealer has been wonderful!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 07:51:53 pm »

When is the last time you saw a dealer trashing another board active dealer's brand on here?

So we're "trashing" Cal Spas? Aren't we allowed an opinion, like it or not. Look at  the subject of the original post in this thread. Someone wanted opinions on Cal Spas; you only want them to hear yours and Spaman's while I think they want to hear everyones.

In my opinion if there was an active knowledgeable CalSpas dealer that frequented this site there would be less negative about CalSpas because of the "say no evil" and also some of the charges about CalSpas would be rebutted.

Good point. I've always wondered why there wasn't more Cal Spas representation on this board. What makes a dealer come here and why aren't there more Cal Spas dealers? I don't think we scare them away?

Spaman started coming here a few years back and we like and respect him but he didn't change our minds about the manufacturer; all that did was make us impress upon people that having a top notch dealer is important too. We had a Gulf Coast rep here a while back but he left when people started asking him warranty registration questions which he didn't want to answer. He's free to come back just as Cal Spas dealers are free to come here. In fact, some dealers here used to carry Cal Spas so maybe they can answer that question better.  

To some degree you're right, without representation people will be more apt to give an opinion (biased or not) but having a Cal Spa rep here won't change opinions, it will only soften them a bit as it did with Spaman. I think half the reason you don't see Cal Spas dealers here is the same reason the Gulf Coast guy left; they won't like the heat. Maybe Cal spas sent Spaman here knowing he'd be respected, level headed and could make a difference but it only goes so far (great guy carrying a less than great product IMO). Maybe Cal spas should send in someone under the guise of being a Cal Spa owner and have them try to spin things positively while being able to avoid the questions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 07:53:26 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:48 pm »

Yeah thats it .....

Cal Spas with over 500 dealers and sales in the hundreds of millions of dollars is scared to come and discuss hot tubs on a message board with "SpaTech t.u.o."!

We'll never agree but hey if everyone drove the exact same car it would be a boring world.

Thank God it's a free world and consumers make or break a company and determine how large a company grows and how many tubs it sells.

I love my CalSpas tub and I am not a paid under-cover agent!....lol

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:17:05 pm by Zep »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 11:34:36 am »

We'll never agree but hey if everyone drove the exact same car it would be a boring world.

As long as we can agree that everyone should be allowed to give their opinion, not just yourself and Spaman in the case of someone asking about Cal Spas, then that's all the agreement we need (though I do agree that the siding to your spa looks nice).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 11:58:40 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 11:48:02 am »
Is that siding real rock or plastic?

Zep

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 12:58:47 pm »
re: Is that siding real rock or plastic?

The Cal Stone cabinetry is a synthetic material reflecting the natural beauty of stone.

Comes in Gold, Mocha, Platinum or Slate.  

Just like with all types of spa cabinetry replacement panels are readily available if after a few years you want a brand new look. In my opinion it will age better and not show scratches because scratches don't really show in that tpye of varied stone look.

The fact that the cal stone skirt is made of insulation high tech material I would think it would naturally hold more heat.

Hey the look isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I love the look.....in fact it was one of the deciding factors for me.

Everybody that has seen mine is like "wow" that is one cool looking tub and I can tell they are sincere.

But again it's a personal choice.  :)

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 12:42:34 pm »
For the record I did say both are "great products as I feel Hotspring is a fantastic product. So that is my opinion on the subject. I have many close friends that sell Hotspring and I know that they take care of their customers as I know first hand that they took care of 49 customers that got stiffed on deposits by Mr. T.C of Prescott, I know this because I know the factory rep who personally went to prescott and met with everyone of their customers. Ironically just yesterday I was in the founder of Crocs shoes backyard of whom we are working on a $70,000 project, they know the owner of the local HotSpring dealer and chose to go with their spa on a project I have been working on for a while now. I am happy with that decision as its a great spa! Except the fact that it was delivered with a blister in one seat, and the base has forklift marks on it. The dealer is replacing the spa as they should. With no hassle. thats what Im talking about when it comes to buying from a good dealer who takes care of their customers in a speedy fashion. I cant wait til this backyard is done and I can post some pics it is truly amazing how a back yard that is a mountain side can be transformed into paradise! I will stand by the fact that Cal Spas reputation is primarily generated by dealers who boggle things up and NOT the factory, it is the fact that Cal Spas lends its name to its dealer that attaches Cal Spas to most instances of dissatisfaction. BTW I was not sent here by Cal Spas , but came here on my own interest of whats going on in the industry. However this forum is read by people in the Cal Spa corporation as I do get phone calls from time to time on certain subjects.  Last thought: Thanks to the members of this board for your compliments and warm welcomes everytime I get here. This is a professional board and can infact be trusted to help consumers and people like myself who may need it!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:44:19 pm by spaman.com »
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 06:17:45 pm »
See if you can get me a couple of new pairs of Crocs, size 13.  A black pair and an olive green pair.  Mine are about worn out.  They are the greatest hot tub selling shoes on the market.  They're my magic shoes.

Bring them to the State Fair of Texas and I'll buy you some squirrel on a stick!

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:18:17 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 08:07:12 pm »
Bring them to the State Fair of Texas and I'll buy you some squirrel on a stick!

Terminator
I bet it tastes like chicken.... ;)

Zep

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 08:23:23 pm »
re: Bring them to the State Fair of Texas and I'll buy you some squirrel on a stick!

Term if you are there....I plan on shaking your hand at this year's Texas State Fair!

You are one of the good one's on here.
[size=10](and there are many)[/size]

I'll buy you a Fletcher's Corny Dog.

I will be there as usual on "madness day" a/k.a. the Texas/OU Game....on Sat Oct 7th.
[size=10](1 week early this year)[/size]

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 08:43:41 pm »
See if you can get me a couple of new pairs of Crocs, size 13.  A black pair and an olive green pair.  Mine are about worn out.  They are the greatest hot tub selling shoes on the market.  They're my magic shoes.

Terminator

Will do he gave me a box of Crocs will dig thru and see if theres any 13's
-SpaMan~

tumbleweed

• HotTub'n
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 09:10:10 am »
Hey all, newbie to the forum with 15 yrs in the pool and spa service and sales industry.    Gavubg serviced all brands of spasm including Hot Springs and Cal Spas, I have a few pointers about buying a spa.

1) When your warranty goes out how expensive are the replacenebt parts going to be.  Both Cal Spas and Hot Springs use propriatory parts that you can only get from the dealer.

2) Don't go for all the bells and whistles.  The simpler a spa is, the longer it will last you.

3) Remember, all you want is hot water that moves, try a wet test in a cheaper spa.  If it feels good and has a decent warranty. get it. (Note, no one will warranty any part that touches the water if they feel any chemical damage is the cause, this takes care of most of the parts.)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:26 am »
(Note, no one will warranty any part that touches the water if they feel any chemical damage is the cause, this takes care of most of the parts.)
Well, with the exception of the two companies refrenced in this thread, who both offer some degree of NO Fault heater warranty.

HotSpring provides you with five years of no-questions-asked coverage for parts and labor on the heater.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42