What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa  (Read 11340 times)

kayteedid

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:12:12 pm »
We are just about to make a final decision between a top of the line Hot Springs or top of the line Cal Spa.
Any thoughts?
kayteedid

Hot Tub Forum

comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa
« on: July 29, 2006, 07:12:12 pm »

JanEngland

• Hot tubs...bubbleli cious!
Re: comparison Hot Springs/Cal Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:08:25 pm »
Kayteedid...we have a HotSprings Vanguard, 2005 model. We are very pleased with it - great energy efficiency, great placement of jets, low maintenance.Our local sales person, Mike Miller in daytona FL was great too. It's good to know that we have a local office should we run into problems. We have no fancy options - only the standard steps and cover that slides over-and-back. I recommed HotSprings highly. Whatever your choice, I hope you get many years of fun from it! (And no, I don't work for HotSprings!
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit...look who's here!

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:37:18 pm »
Ditto.

Danny_L

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:48 pm »
For me, it came to mostly how the dealers were.  Cal Spas did not give me the warm fuzzy that HS dealer did.  Cal Spas seemed like a used car sales type dealer.

HS are not fancy schmancy like others but are very solid and good backers (on the hole) for warranty service.

I have the HS Vista and LOVE it!  ;D
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 01:21:05 am »
I love my CalSpas tub, but I don't think there are any CalSpas dealers that frequent this forum and thus you mainly hear negatives from people that are in competition with CalSpas. All I can say is mine has been great and my CalSpa dealer has been wonderful.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:25:02 am »
Great zep. Spaman is a Cal dealer but he doesn't stop by as often anymore. Did you ever figure out how to install a cover lifter on your spa?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 01:50:28 am »

I had it installed but should have followed my gut feeling which was that I do not like cover lifters.

It's just a personal choice, but I hate the way they look.

I used it for a while....a short while and then un-installed it....threw it up on Craig's List and sold it within 24 hours.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:51:22 am by Zep »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 04:40:15 am »
I love my CalSpas tub, but I don't think there are any CalSpas dealers that frequent this forum and thus you mainly hear negatives from people that are in competition with CalSpas. All I can say is mine has been great and my CalSpa dealer has been wonderful.

I haven.t heard any negitives yet in this thread? No compitition yet either, just happy owners?
Retired

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 02:01:51 pm »
both great products I would throw out the question as to where ya live? The dealer can and will make all the difference in the world. For instance In phoenix I personally would not go to the Cal Spa dealer, however in northern Arizona I would not buy a Hotspring. So this info does play a huge factor in your decision. Any Cal Spa Questions I'd be happy to answer.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 02:03:54 pm by spaman.com »
-SpaMan~

PSGM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 06:39:03 pm »
Can I ask why you wouldn't buy from the northern arizona hotspring dealer?  Are you referring to the old northern az dealer that was here or the new one?

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 07:35:32 pm »
Just a matter of past experience, not going to sling mud I just know of the inner workings within the company. I am speaking of the Flagstaff dealer.
-SpaMan~

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 08:40:11 pm »
As far as I know there is only one dealer that sells both. Maybe you should try the contact page on their site and ask what they think
http://www.sciotovalley.com/contactus.cfm?locid=6
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PSGM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 09:16:00 pm »
No HotSprings Dealer in Flagstaff listed for the past three years.  We have been the HotSpring dealer in northern AZ (Prescott Valley) for almost three years now.  Are your experiences with the old dealer or with us?   We would like to know if we have treated anyone poorly.
There is a Cal Spa dealer in Prescott Valley but he mostly sells Sunrooms.

PSGM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 10:00:52 pm »
Katydid - I found the comment from spaman interesting because I am the dealer in Northern Arizona.  I know the inner workings of Hotspring quite well.   We have had this store for three years, and were selected for this territory because our family has 25 years of HotSpring experience in the SF Bay area.  There WAS a dealer here that was a bad apple.  HotSpring got rid of him, and made good on all his promises for their customers.  

Apart from that clarification, I agree with Spaman's comments that the dealer is very important.  Ask about customer service.  Ask for references.  Find out how long the've been in business.

As for the spas themselves, two things I would emphasize:
1) Look for independent energy audits - That way you'll get a good idea of what your operating costs will be.
2) Try out the spa's dry and wet.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 11:31:11 am »
thus you mainly hear negatives from people that are in competition with CalSpas.

So if anyone is affiliated with another spa maker their opinion shouldn't be considreed? Those same people who may not have high opinions of Cal Spas typically  have positive things to say about Arctic, Caldera, Coleman, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance, etc. Are they out to get Cal Spas?

Please, there is no conspiracy against Cal Spas, we just choose not to ignore the reputation they've earned in the industry. That doesn't mean you're doomed if you get one, it just means many of us wouldn't recommend them. If you do get a Cal Spa, I hope your dealer has someone like Spaman on board.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:34:31 am by wmccall »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 11:31:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42