What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Test Waiver?  (Read 2922 times)

fatman

Wet Test Waiver?
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »
I was at a hot tub dealership recently and there was a husband and wife looking at a tub They were probably in their 50's. The dealer was next to them giving his sales pitch. The couple were dry testing. When the husband was climbing into the tub his shoe slipped off the edge  and he almost landed on his butt. After he regained his composure and got past the embarrassment of the moment he got into the tub and checked it out.  His slip and fall could've happened in any dealers showroom. I realize that any conscientious dealer will have the proper insurance in place to cover such an incident should said incident result in injury, but do any dealers have a wet test waiver for the customer to sign prior to entering a tub?  Any sort of "hold harmless" waiver?

Hot Tub Forum

Wet Test Waiver?
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Wet Test Waiver?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:21:31 pm »
We've never felt the need to do it.  Sometimes they slip a little but that's life.

Once they finish their wet test, I casually let them know that the master copy of the videotape we made of their experience will be handed over to them as soon as their check clears the bank.  Really seems to motivate them to make a deal.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Danny_L

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:35:35 pm »
I signed a waiver prior to "wet" testing.  Simple waiver just in case I couldn't swim if I remember correct.  8)  Not a bad thing if your a dealer I guess, especially if your operating in "sue" hungry California.  ::)
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:03:21 am »
I'd bet that the "sue happy" climate in Texas is way different than in California, or even here in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and 10,000,000,000 lawyers.

Scroll up and look at Terminator's avatar.  I'm pretty sure he has a lifesize cardboard display just like that in his store, with a cartoon balloon pointing to his mouth saying "We don't need no stinkin' waivers!"

Bet they have relatively few lawsuits.  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:05:24 am by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:54:25 am »
Just in case anybody wonders what zip code has the more (per capita) lawyers in the US, it is 43215, downtown Columbus.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:54:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42