What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4442 times)

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:01:06 am »
I went outside this morning to find water all over my patio and my tub 1/3 full.  Water seems to be all along one side of the tub.  Any ideas?  

Hot Tub Forum

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:01:06 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:47:30 am »
That's dramatic. Start taking off the sides, something this dramatic, has to be pretty obvious.  Oh, with the water that low, kill the power right away!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 10:48:46 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Cass

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:24:23 am »
I shut the power off as soon as I noticed it.  The equipment cabinet is perfectly dry.  Luckily it's under warranty, as it's a full foamed spa!!   :'(

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 02:29:48 pm »
It's the drain valve. Look behind the handrail bracket - just tighten it up.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 11:12:06 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Cass

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 02:38:42 pm »
Thanks.  I hope that's all it is!!  I appreciate your reply. :)

If that is indeed the problem, now that I have the power shut off should it stop leaking??
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:08:56 pm by Cass »

Cass

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 01:10:06 pm »
bump

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 01:21:34 pm »
Very strange. You would think buying a hotsprings you wouldn't have these problems?

I always thought paying top dollar for a tub meant you got quality , workmanship, and the overall "you get what you pay for"?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:32:30 pm »
Very strange. You would think buying a hotsprings you wouldn't have these problems?

I always thought paying top dollar for a tub meant you got quality , workmanship, and the overall "you get what you pay for"?

Yea. and cadiliacs have thier hood welded shut because they never, ever have any problems.    ::)

your post comes off a bit like trolling. But, to each thier own.  

Cass, I hope you've got a decent dealer who can come out and get you strainghted away. And if there is a problem, I'm sure Watkins will stand behind you.

Please update us, and let us know what it is.  As you may know, I have a caspain too, and  would like to know what this is.

Good luck.
07 Caldera Geneva

Cass

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 01:58:43 pm »
I'll let you know what's going on.  We spoke to the dealer this morning snd they got us in touch with the repair dept. right away.  Someone's coming to look at it on wednesday morning.  We'll have to put more water in it by then because it's almost empty!!  :'(  I sure wish I knew what it was!!  It's totally bizarre.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:21:19 pm »
good times drewster

;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 11:57:10 pm »

You are right. When you buy a HotSpring portable spa you get good value for your dollar. You do get quality, good workmanship, and the overall "you get what you pay for."

No tub is perfect, and if twenty people came on this board and said they had problems which were fixed under warranty on their HotSpring tubs, it would be a fraction of one percent of the tubs made that month.

HotSpring aren't good just because they are the top selling brand on the planet. It's the other way 'round.

Did you have anything else to add?

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:02:47 am »
Well.. I was done, but now I'm not..   ;D

I'll have disagree that Hotsprings is the top selling spa on the planet because they are good. It's not that black and white. They spend alot of money on marketing and sales training, which is the biggest reason(not the only reason) they are successful in being the leading hot tub manufacturer.

I really have nothing against hotsprings, don't get the wrong idea, I just hate salesmen who continually BS people with a bunch of crap. My advice look at the words these guys use in their sales pitch carefully. It's simply that, a sales pitch. Not to say it doesn't work, because obviously it does, it's just unfortunate consumers aren't educated enough to see it...

For example I was talking to a Jacuzzi dealer and I was asking about the warranty coverage on leaks, and they said “Jacuzzi’s don’t leak”. I looked at him and said good one. And he said he was serious. I couldn’t believe it. If this guy was that much of a bull shitter there is no way I’m going to believe anything he says.

Cass

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 01:34:19 pm »
What are some symptoms of a cracked shell?  Could the shell have cracked from sitting on a covered west facing patio?  Even though the cover is on it all of the time?  

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 01:49:38 pm »
Just a thought and, PLEASE don't take this badly, but are you certain the drain port didn't get accidently opened, even a little?

Drewski

:P
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Cass

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 02:16:38 pm »
I don't think so, but I'm certainly willing to check it again.

Nope.  It's closed.  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:05:54 pm by Cass »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 02:16:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42