What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: DIY Fixes Possible for Dimension One Aurora 2?  (Read 2531 times)

rogerwilhere

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
DIY Fixes Possible for Dimension One Aurora 2?
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:47:46 am »
I wouldlike to know if there is any fix it yourself info available anywhere for this spa.  Mine is a '98 and it seems that every year now I am putting around $500 into this thing to the spa people to fix it.  I am a handy guy and it would be nice if I could fix it myself.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

DIY Fixes Possible for Dimension One Aurora 2?
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:47:46 am »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: DIY Fixes Possible for Dimension One Aurora 2?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 12:20:07 pm »
A lot of hot tub problems are repairable yourself, you just have to have a dealership with a parts department readily knowledgeable with how to fix the problems you have, coupled with having the parts you need in stock.

It also helps if you can pinpoint exactly what is wrong with the tub.

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 06:19:54 am »
I have a 1992 Hot Springs tub that I have always fixed myself. I will say that I have not spent $500 total on my tub since new not counting covers.

This forum " Chas mostly " has been a great help . If you are handy with tools and know how to use a multimeter you should have no problems.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:22:09 am »
If you are handy with tools and know how to use a multimeter you should have no problems.

This is a good start, but you also have to have trouble shooting skills.  Too many times I have seen diy'ers try to fix their spa.  I usually don't have any problem selling them parts, but some people get really upset when what they bought doesn't fix the problem.  They then return with a part wanting to return it, only to be told they own it (electrical components)I have watched as people spend 100's more than they needed to, just to try to avoid the $70 labor charge.  Usually I won't offer any advice on how to fix it- for liabilty reasons and well, uh that would be taking food out of my children's mouth.  My advice would be, make sure you know what is bad BEFORE you replace components.  Just my 2 cents

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:22:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42