What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera or Relections...confused  (Read 2722 times)

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera or Relections...confused
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:31:08 am »
We have test soaked both the Caldera Tahitian and Reflections Cordoba. Any info would be great as to what you think. pros/cons. Both tested great. But have a far better feeling on service from Caldera dealer. Also have 2 Caldera dealers one 20 miles north and the other is 15 miles south. Both of whom should provide great service. They both know I've checked each other out.  
One dealer has a 30 day policy if you don't like it we'll exchange it for you. So theres a Tahitian thats a week old coming back in the color we want, and will be discounted $500 of the new price of $7999.00. I thought it should be more...what are your thoughts......maybe leaning towards the Caldera  

Thank You for you input, this site is great
Bosox          

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera or Relections...confused
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:31:08 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Caldera or Relections...confused
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:15:23 am »
Hey Bosox!

(hey we swept the Royals :) ...although I'm not sure that's saying too much. Go Sox! Are you in MA?

A prominent member here, Chas, sells the caldera line and they are looked upon favorably.

Here's the site for Reflections (new name to me).
http://www.reflectionsspas.com/Spa_Models/cordoba.htm
I couldn't see any info on thier pumps, other than "8hp"  which means noththing to me.

I also noticed that there are 3 levels of tubs for Reflections. (Premier, Ultra and Ultra plus) which sereies of cordoba did you look at and get priced for?

IT looks like the dif in the 3 sereis are insulation. (the low end has TP, and unless it's done right, I'd run way) espically if you are in Boston.  the higher end models offer Ozone, a circ pump and the top series has simple pure sanitation (what is that? do you know).

I was suprised to see that there was no rich corithian leather in the cordoba.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:16:38 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:22:00 am »
another "interesting" thing I saw on the reflections page (very little about construction, insulaton, filtering) but a blip that they offer "light therapy"

huh?

(I know in some of the artic countrires, they have this for vitiamen D, and it also has shown to help with depression, but I don't think that's what they are doing here).

Here's what Reflections says:
The Health and Wellness benefits of Color Light Therapy have been known and embraced for centuries by Eastern and Middle Eastern Ayurvedic healing practitioners.  Today, these benefits are known and used by Alternative Healing practitioners all over the world.  Reflections Spas implemented the full benefits from light therapy in our exclusive Chromatherapy.  Each color light therapy session sequence is strictly formulated according to traditional Ayurvedic knowledge of color and light

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:22:17 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 10:30:19 am »
Ya...Northern Ma....Thats one thing that bothered me about the Reflections web site....not much info....price quoted was for the Ultra  plus with two pumps each at 4hp giving you the 8hp w/o leather. Quoted was 7500.00 for a wet display model.

Not sure what simple pure sanitation is to be honest.....

This is a new adventure for us.

GO RED SOX................

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:38:26 am »
Central MA for me.  

$7500 for a floor model? Eh.

I too get a real "hokey" feeling from Reflections. hopefully chas will wander by and can point to specics between the tubs.

FWIW.  I delt with New England Spa and Patio when I bought my Tiger River.  They have severa (4)l stores in MA. They carry Hotspring, Tiger River, and Sundance. All decent tubs, and I can recomend them if you are looking to expand your search

Pre season for the Pats starts in a few weeks.  

Go Pats!
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:32 am »
My usual advice is to go with major name brands. You seem to be in a very good spot having two Caldera dealers nearby - you will get good service!

The dealer that has the 30 day policy obviously goes out of his way to be sure you're happy. $500 off may be less than you expect, but keep in mind he has had to deliver it twice and deliver whatever the other folks got the second time, plus re-wrap and handle the tubs, so it's not a bad deal.

As always, you may get more inclusions than discounts, so if you like the Tahition, accept the $500 off and ask for a new filter - or two - and a step, and a lifter, and an oversized startup supply, maybe a robe or something.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 11:24:09 am »
The Tahitian would come with the entire package, Steps, assisted cover lifter, new cartridge, Chemicals, and the 5-year warranty from my delivery date. Maybe I can get extra filters, and/or chemicals.

Or the other dealer who is switching from Hot-Springs to Caldera this week maybe very aggressive with price. Right now as of this am, its a wait and see as I left the ball in their court. I also let them know I'm ready to buy but its about the allmighty $$$$$$$$$ now. I do beleive they both will service the tubs needs in a very proffessional way.

Boy is tub shopping fun.........

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:27:53 am »
PS....not 7500 for a floor model its 7500 for one they installed under their 30 day policy. The tub is coming back because get this "NO CUP HOLDERS" it was used for 2 weeks..........................I haven't even seen it yet...but like anything else I want to that a look see..........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 11:27:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42