What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hs  wet test,  Caldera, Artesian no wet test yet  (Read 4235 times)

marianb

Hs  wet test,  Caldera, Artesian no wet test yet
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:39:17 pm »
Hey everyone,
 HS tubs are lovely -  I have a quote opn an Envoy for 9195, and a Vanguard for 8595.  I have found since I wet tested that I do not need a lounge seat.
 I did not wet test the Cal .The price quoted on the Artesian Grande Cayman is arouynd $8500/.
 Any thoughts on these tubs or prices?

Hot Tub Forum

Hs  wet test,  Caldera, Artesian no wet test yet
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:39:17 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hs  wet test,  Caldera, Artesian no wet test y
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:15:05 pm »
My pricing info is over a year old but the prices seem high for the Artesian and Vanguard IMO. I own an Artesian Grand Cayman and I paid $7000 with taxes here in jersey and I was quoted $7400 for the Vanguard without taxes.

I do think that the Vanguard went through some pump changes (I think they added a pump) in 2005 which might have added to the cost but I could swear that people have paid under $6000 for the Artesian. My pricing didn't include the stereo, upgraded cd ozone unit or the multi LED lights so if your price includes that then I guess it's about right.

As far as the tub itself, it's one awesome tub but do wet test the neck collar seat to make sure you fit!

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 10:34:59 pm »
Vanguard and Envoy are our two most popular models the past two years.

Both have two pumps (especially nice in the Vanguard as it allows all the jets to be on at the same time), and both are extremely nice in their jet variety.

Just curious, did your dealer have a Caspian for you to see?

96SC

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:35:36 pm »
I agree with Vinny, the price of the Vanguard seems high.  About a month ago we were quoted $7495 with some throwins  for a Vanguard.  I'm in South Carolina, if that means anything.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

marianb

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:21:00 am »
                  Thanks for all your replies.
Giraffe, the HS brochure does not show a Caspian, there may have been one - I don't know.
It troubles me that the price on the Artesian is so much more.  It does include LED lights and a waterfall and ozonator, no sound system.  I liked the look of it...today I will do the first wet test (taking my best friend along) - for the Cayman it was $8300 not $8500 - this is with the cover lifter, but not the steps. The salesman also had a Hawaiian for $7600, no lifter included.
 We'll see the Vanguard again - good to know that it wld cost $7500  in SC rather than 8600 here  Why should northern Va. be so much more????

96SC

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:54 am »
I agree with Vinny, the price of the Vanguard seems high.  About a month ago we were quoted $7495 with some throwins  for a Vanguard.  I'm in South Carolina, if that means anything.

I should explain further that this is a fairly high volume dealer, so please don't think SC is the low price spa state.  We got a quote from another dealer on a differnt spa that was wayyyyyyy over what others on here had paid.  Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 07:23:30 am »
First, are you sure you're looking at an Artesian Island series spa - I don't think Artesian sells a Hawiian model.

If it is an Artesian Cayman - the multi LED (LED Lights around the whole tub) is about a $500 option and the waterfall is about a $300 option. There are 2 different ozonators an UV type and an upgraded CD type - the upgraded one is about $300 also.

Prices are different in all parts of the country and from dealer to dealer. When I purcahsed my tub, my dealer was the only Artesian dealer close by, I now have 2 others that are the same distance away. My advice would be see if there are other local dealers who would sell and service you if pricing becomes an issue.

marianb

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 07:29:09 am »
Vinny,
 The Artesian dealer also sold the Caldera line...that's the Hawaiian.
Thanks for your response.  I'll check on the type of ozonator today,.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 07:29:51 am »
I just bought an 05 (brand new leftover) Artesian Opal for $6100 and change. It comes with Cover, lifter, and startup chemicals.  Also where I live no sales tax so this price is out the door. It has the permawood cabinet and Cd ozonator.

Only catch is I am picking it up myself, and I have to install the cover lifter when I get it home.
I'm picking it up Sat.

Anoroc

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 08:11:25 am »
I think I paid $8300 for the Vanguard.  Prices are different depending on where you live.  

I purchased mine in Iowa.

marianb

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 08:32:47 am »
  If you paid $8300 in Iowa, then it is $300 more in northern Va.  Heavy sigh!  I know this is a high cost of living area - I shouldn't be surprised that a luxury like a spa would cost more too....but, I did think that they would be selling more of them here so that shd be reflected in a lower price.
 I wonder what extras I can get HS to add to offset higher  price.

Anoroc

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 08:38:15 am »
I am not sure about prices where you are at but I was under the impression prices for hot tubs were high here because of transportation costs.

In addition, I don't think they sell as many here in Iowa.

I just checked the prices again and the Vanguard was selling for $8400 plus tax I purchased it at their spring sale for $8,075.  I still thought this was hight compared to other posters.

All I can say is each area is different as is each dealer.

BTW, I love the spa!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 08:38:58 am »
One thing I forgot to mention in my posts - my tub doesn't have waterfall(s) - $300 each, multi LED lights (just the single LED in the tub) or the upgraded CD ozonator.

I didn't want you to think my pricing was WAY lower than yours - adding various options can make prices soar ... you should read the prices some people pay for the radio option in some tubs! :o

marianb

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 08:49:55 am »
Thanks for all the responses.  I'm leaving in about 30 minutes armed with new information as I continue my hot tub search!

Anoroc

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:59 am »
keep in mind that the 06 vanguard do come with ozone included.  My price did not include any extras at all.  No coverlifter, steps...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42