What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Personal Envoy vs Niagra Comparison  (Read 2254 times)

hawkman

My Personal Envoy vs Niagra Comparison
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:32:47 pm »
I had a 2004 Caldera Niagra and now I have a 2006 HS Envoy. I wanted to list the differences that I have noticed between the two. (I have the Envoy because the Niagra cracked).

• Caldera has more power than the HS (period).
  • Option of the air bubbler on the Caldera, none on HS
  • Caldera Has one Filter, HS has 5 or 6 Tri-X filters
  • On the Caldera, gap between the side panels and the shell allows bees to make nests. Trust me!
  • Underneath the Caldera, it has a flimsy bottom and can't be shimmed. The HS has plenty of support
  • Control on the Caldera are on the top versus HS has theirs on the side. My neighbors don't like seeing my bare but while I hang over the side to use them.
  • Filters on the HS are some composite material while the Caldera has a paper filter. Also the HS forces everything through the filter where the Caldera doesn't.
  • The caldera had a nice jet that was good for the hip
  • Control knobs seem better made on the HS. Mine failed on the caldera, so did the thermostat.
  • The Moto Massage is nice on the HS
  • The SPA Audio II is awesome on the HS and the remote is handy. 1 button can turn on the pumps, lights, and music.
  • The filter cover on the HS is easy to remove. The Caldera had the waterfall connected to it and you had to align the pip up when putting the cover back on. Not a big deal but still a pain. You also had to remove a basket compartment on the Caldera to get to the filter.
  • The HS is much quieter than the Caldera.

In terms of finishes..

The Caldera was a pearl finish with gray cabinet. The pearl finish showed scratches and water spots.  The HS is a sand color with redwood. It doesn't show the above and seems very durable. The cabinet also seems more durable and I hope doesn't turn colors like the Caldera did.

Bottom line, I think Caldera has more functionality but HS has better quality.

This isn't to cause a stir, I just so happened to have the opportunity to own 2 within a short time and was thinking about my comparisons.

Hot Tub Forum

My Personal Envoy vs Niagra Comparison
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:32:47 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: My Personal Envoy vs Niagra Comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:08:09 pm »
Good, straight forward information.  Excellent post!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:25:40 pm »
Great work hawkman here's a few questions for you:

1. Do you miss the Caldera air bubbler jets at all or did you rarely use them?

2. You said the Caldera has more power. Do you believe the Envoy is under powered compared to the Caldera?

3. Did the smaller Caldera jets make you itch due to the high force?

4. What made you go with a lounger this time? Did you consider getting the Geneva since it has a lounger?

On a side note, instead of flashing the neighbors you can use the inside aux panel if you prefer. :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:43:18 pm »

On a side note, instead of flashing the neighbors you can use the inside aux panel if you prefer. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:53:56 am »
perhaps he just does not really like his neighbors or maybe its  that he really really likes them..... ;)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:55:25 am by Mendocino101 »

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 11:53:45 am »

• The SPA Audio II is awesome on the HS and the remote is handy. 1 button can turn on the pumps, lights, and music.

Aux control, remote control and the behind still says hello to the neighbors? ???
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hawkman

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:13 pm »
The bare butt comment was to inspire humor, but it is true. I actually was leaning over to turn on the radio as the remote wont do that.  :P

1. Do you miss the Caldera air bubbler jets at all or did you rarely use them?  I barely used the bubbler.  
2. You said the Caldera has more power. Do you believe the Envoy is under powered compared to the Caldera?  Yes I do. I dont feel you get that deep massage like with the caldera

3. Did the smaller Caldera jets make you itch due to the high force? No but it did twist up my back hair.. JK
4. What made you go with a lounger this time? Did you consider getting the Geneva since it has a lounger? Thought I would try it out this time. Takes up more room so the comments from people have been, "you tub looks smaller" and I say well it is 2" less deep and has less seats.

By the way, the inside control panel is not all that intuitive. I've seen other posts that complained you have to push the jet button like 4 times to cycle through the choices. Just add another button for Jet 1 or Jet 2 like the caldera.

Overall despite the differences, I am pleased with the HS. When I went to originally purchase the Caldera, the salesperson said they were identical to the HS in terms of how they are made etc.. no they are not.  Some things better and some things no so good.

Also if someone knows, will the HS show me the actual tem in the tub or just what I have it set at? It seems to be only showing the set temp not the acutal temp. The caldera would show both. Last night I went to get in and thought it was really hot. The HS control panel said 98 degrees but I have another thermostat that was in there that said 105! It was almost 100 here the last few days so I would expect to to rise.. but I would also expect the HS panel to tell me how hot it is.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42