What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Protectant  (Read 3137 times)

Spiderman

Cover Protectant
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:41:04 pm »
Can I use armor all or similar product on the vinyl cover?  it's a Hot Spring if that matters.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Protectant
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:41:04 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Cover Protectant
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:05:58 pm »
Do not use Armor all.  Do use 303 or Hot spring cover shield.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:07:37 am »
303 is great stuff, and its not only good for your tub cover- much better for your car interior than Armor All, too! I had a bit of a hard time finding it in "normal" retail stores, so ended up getting it from rhtubs (the good doctor).
Dance like nobody's watching

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 07:48:26 am »
 You can use the dealer locator on A303's website to find local dealers for the product, if you don't want to get it via the web.    
If you have any marinas or boat dealers nearby, check them.  This product is very popular among boat owners, as most boats have A LOT of vinyl.  

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:05:25 am »
Brewman is right, the boat store is the best place. I bought my first bottle from my dealer, but found huge sized bottles at the boat store and we are using it on our boat now too.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:58:28 am »
 The sizes I've seen are pint and quart spray bottles, and bulk gallon.  The marina near here sells the pint bottle for around $11 or so.  
I use this on my spa cover, motorcycle, boat, and cars.
Brewman

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:40 am »
I use Turtle Wax 2001 Protectant on my Jeep, not Armor All.  This discussion comes up from time to time on JeepForum.com and a lot there recommend the 303.  I've never had a problem with the 2001 Protectant, but with the hot tub, I don't want to do anything to ruin the cover.  So, I'm assuming DON'T use any of the "typical" UV prohibitor products found at wal-mart, ect.?   We do have several marine stores around here as we are situated on Lake Michigan, so I'll give them a try.  I think you can also get 303 for Sporty's Pilot Shop.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42