What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to pull my hair out!!!  (Read 4784 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Ready to pull my hair out!!!
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »
Contrary to popular sentiments, I am not yet deceased nor am I trying to get in touch with my feelings...I am just busier than a woodchuck in a pie-eating contest.

Phones ringing, people buying hot tubs, charities, junk peddlers, etc., etc.......and today we're setting up for the Great Texas Balloon Race.

I usually have time to frolic with you fine folks on here more often, but there seems to be some mutant subset of East Texans that actually want to buy spas in the middle of July when it is purt'near a hunnert degrees everday!!!

And, by the by, there is nothing wrong with your spa....I realize you have it set on 80 degrees and the water temp is 100.  It is called ambient temperature, it is a hot tub, it does not have an air conditioner built in to it.  OK, you think I'm scratchin' your leg?  Try this, take a Thermos bottle, fill it with water, set it out beside your spa before you leave for work.  When you come home, take a big ol' swig of that water and see how refreshing it is!  Whoa, two pretty girls are going to Roly Poly next door!

Anyway, I apologize to ya'll who have PMS'ed me and I haven't replied, but I am in the mid planning stages of going on a goodwill spree and am not available to participate on a rational level at the present time.  Hope ya'll have a fine weekend and if you come to the balloon race, stop by and have a Shiner Bock with me.

Your friend,

Terminator
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 04:20:57 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Ready to pull my hair out!!!
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Ready to pull my hair out!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:38:11 pm »
I'd rather be busy with spas right now than pools.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 03:53:17 pm »
Term-
I hear you man. I just opened up a new store and I finally got internet today, but I haven't had any time in the past 3 weeks to do anything.

Hang in there and make sure you don't forget to have your daily doseage of beer and everything should be fine.

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 04:02:26 pm »
Term & SanDiego,

Need a hired gun? ;)

Things here are picking up but not to the point we would like.

As a favor to me could you all go out and buy a Chevy!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 04:54:32 pm »
Term & SanDiego,

Need a hired gun? ;)

Things here are picking up but not to the point we would like.

As a favor to me could you all go out and buy a Chevy!

you want to work in sunny san diego?  ;D

what's up with the Chevy comment? are you a stockholder or something?

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:03 pm »
I do own a couple of shares(Which will be as valuable as Rubles before too long!)

I'm in Michigan, as GM goes so goes our economy. Even those that aren't hurt directly by layoffs are affected phsycologically. Unemployment rates here are about 2 points higher than the country as a whole. Go buy a Chevy, they bring back laid off workers, workers buy spa, I'm happy!

I love San Diego! Not the cheapest place in the world to live from what I've gathered ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:13:52 pm by hymbaw »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 07:00:43 pm »
Term,
From the pictures of you I say it's to late for the pulling of hair from your head. Maybe you could grow some on your chin and then try pulling them out. Good luck with the balloon fest. Just remember that what goes up must come down!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 01:58:39 pm »
I'm off to the Balloon Race.  Going to have a couple of new hydrotherapy technicians working for us this weekend.  I've got my camera.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 02:04:32 pm »
Have fun.

How long does it take you to blow up one of those? You must have good lungs. Which reminde me, how's tammy?  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 02:12:05 pm »
I'm off to the Balloon Race.  Going to have a couple of new hydrotherapy technicians working for us this weekend.  I've got my camera.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Terminator

There's nothing better than a properly outfitted hydrotherapy technician.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 02:31:23 pm »
Lo and behold, I was headed out the door when a fast talking, fat red-headed guy from Chicago came in and started buttering me up about how great his parents' 20 year old HotSpring spa is.  He told me he works for Dillards dept. store as a regional manager and just got transferred down here.  He also told me he just moved into a new housing edition that most people don't know about (because it doesn't exist).  He also had no idea what his zip code was.  O-tay.

Anyway, the dude was sweating like a stuck pig and acted very nervous.  He sure knew a lot about Thermospas and Master Spas (said he'd been doing a lot of shopping).  Decided he wanted to buy a Grandee and would be back next week to put down a deposit (Wow, buying sight unseen.  Our Grandee is out at the Balloon Race).

When I asked him how the big store rennovation was going at Dillards, he said "What are you talking about?"

I said "Ya'll have expanded your store into half the parking lot on the backside of the mall.  You didn't know about it?"

"Umm... welll....uh...I'm the regional manager.  Nobody ever tells me about this stuff.  Man, look at the time, I gotta get to an appointment.  I'll see you next week."

And then back to the Master Spa tent he scurried. ;D

Bye ya'll!

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 05:37:42 pm »
See, I don't understand what the big deal is about checking out the competition - I do it without the lying.

I walk into another booth with my HotSpring shirt on, and I ask them how the show is going, if they have tried the food over at such-and-such a booth, etc.

And then I ask them what's new on their spas this year? The usually tell me!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 05:59:54 pm »
See, I don't understand what the big deal is about checking out the competition - I do it without the lying.

I walk into another booth with my HotSpring shirt on, and I ask them how the show is going, if they have tried the food over at such-and-such a booth, etc.

And then I ask them what's new on their spas this year? The usually tell me!

... but you also don't sell spas with some miracle voucher promising the customer they'll get most all their $$ back in 4 yrs so I don't think we should expect these traveling spa mechants will take the high road.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 06:36:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 06:01:21 pm »
Go buy a Chevy, they bring back laid off workers, workers buy spa, I'm happy!

I own 3 Chevys, I'm trying my best! ;D

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »
I do the same thing Chas. But then again I'm not ashamed of the product I sell.However, my approach might be different if I sold SeaMonkey Spas.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42