What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need to Move my Tub...  (Read 2398 times)

fletch49

Need to Move my Tub...
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:24 pm »
I have a crane booked to pull my tub off my deck and set it on my driveway. I called my dealer and asked how much it would be for them to come out and move it from my driveway/garage to my new new house approximately 1 mile away...they want $400.00 CDN for this, not including set up. That's what I paid for a 50 tonne crane!! forget it, I'll take my chances.

Several friends are going to help me load and unload the tub, I just don't know what to use to move the tub from the trailer to the back of the new house?

Can I rent something like an appliance dolly?

What do the pro's use?

Hot Tub Forum

Need to Move my Tub...
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:37:24 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Need to Move my Tub...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 11:31:14 pm »
If you're going to do it yourself, a few tips...

www.spadolly.com is what the pros use, however you can get by without it.

Make sure that you don't put the hot tub on its side where the equipment acces is.

If you can find some type of hard plastic sled to put it up on end, four-six guys can sled it and put it in place.  Otherwise a wooden cart with wheels if it's flat.

Push comes to shove you can use a tarp.  But it has to be a good one.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 08:44:37 am »
Is it possible to pull your trailer up to where the spa goes?  That's what my dealer did- but their trailer converted to a spa dolly.  
That way you can minimize the amout of distance you have to carry the spa off the trailer.
I've heard some people use several PVC pipes of maybe 4" diameter, and just roll the spa on those pipes, taking the back roller and moving it up to the front as the spa moves forward.
One thing to consider- if the movers drop or otherwise damage the tub they are responsible for any repairs.  
If you drop or damage, you pay, and it might wipe out any savings.  

Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:18 am »
We just moved and paid our local dealer $450 US to move the tub from our old house to the new one.  It was about 20 miles.  At the new house all they did was put it in the garage as I don't have a deck that can hold it yet.  

If you learn anything when you move it please post it here as I'm going to have to get mine from the garage to the backyard in a couple of months and I'm not too interested in calling the dealer back in to do it as they already told me it would be $250.   Ouch...

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42