What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Spas  (Read 9583 times)

bemeott

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dimension One Spas
« on: July 07, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »
I am getting ready to purchase a Sundance Bahia for $ 6,700 plus tax with everything included.  Out of curiosity I stopped by a Dimension One dealer and got his sales pitch.  Nobody seems to mention Dimension One Spas on the Forum and I am wondering if I should totally rule them out.

Help !

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Spas
« on: July 07, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Dimension One Spas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:57:58 pm »
D-1 is a solid spa and gets its fair share of "props" here on the board. That being said the Bahia is a lot of spa for the $$ and you  were quoted a fair price.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 06:02:29 pm »
I would say that Sundance and D-1 would both be in the same quality neighborhood.  I sold D-1 years ago and they build an excellent spa.
Measure once, cut twice.

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 06:33:56 pm »
Look at the D-1 Sojourn  it is very comparable to the sundance bahia. Plus If you go to the D-1 web site they
are haveing a summer saving event that they work with your local dealer. I sell the Sojourn for cheaper than that with the works on a every day basis. ;D  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 06:58:54 pm »
Nobody seems to mention Dimension One Spas on the Forum and I am wondering if I should totally rule them out.

Help !

Why rule them out, they argueably make as good of a spa as Sundance.

You can't look at everything but my opinion is always to look at 5 that have solid reputations and wet test 2 or 3 of the ones you like best (that have good dealers) and that way you'll find the best one for you and know that you've looked at your options (did you marry the first person you ever had a crush on?).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 08:27:24 pm »
I just bought a leftover 05 Artesian Opal in the very low 6's. It has 3 pumps. one 6hp, one 4.8 hp, and one 3hp. A circulation pump, and an ozonator. It came with 5" cover and lifter. Oh and it has a 5 year warrenty on parts and labor.

yt

• They are all good if you like 'em! '06 D1 Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 08:59:16 pm »
I took delivery of my D1 Diplomat about a month ago.  I am very happy with this tub.  I especially like the shell material, it has a light texture to it so it is not very slippery.  Each seat has a slightly different jet pattern and depth so I get all of the right places massaged.  
The pumps seem to push lots of water through the jets so we get good therapy from them.

This is my first tub, so I really don't have anything to directly compare it to.  Good luck with your search!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:10:21 am »
We bought our Dimension One Diplomat in April.  We really like it. I really like the neck and shoulder jets. It has a deep sear for me (6'4") and shallower ones for my wife (much shorter)  It uses a bit more power than we anticipated and have a few jets that continue to be difficult to adjust. (small ones).  All in all, very pleased. Great relief for our arthritis and a chance for quality time for me and my bride.

If I could just chew through these restraints...

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 11:42:56 am »
Hey go blue check to see if your delivery guys changed the 30 to 50 jumpers. And I hope that go blue is for the Mich. wol.

bemeott

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 08:14:01 pm »
Okay... I got sucked in by the dealer and dry tested a D-1 Lotus Bay Model and kinda liked it.  He is offering a 2005 Floor Model with Full Warranty and immediate delivery for $ 9,360.00 plus tax.  

Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal for a Lotus Bay Model ?  

Getting more confused every visit, but I am getting ready to give someone $ 7 - $ 10,000 real soon.  Thanks to everyone who has given me their advice thus far.... this forum rocks !

Bob

Micah

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 11:51:31 am »
I dont think you can compare a Bahia to a Lotus Bay.  You need to compare the lotus bay to the optima in the sundance 800 series.  That being said the deal you are getting on that Lotus bay sound great.  In my area the D-1 dealer sells that for over 11.5 K plus tax.  Take the lotus.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 05:27:24 pm »
I just bought a leftover 05 Artesian Opal in the very low 6's. It has 3 pumps. one 6hp, one 4.8 hp, and one 3hp. A circulation pump, and an ozonator. It came with 5" cover and lifter. Oh and it has a 5 year warrenty on parts and labor.

that sounds like a great deal you got there
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 07:33:47 pm »
Hey go blue check to see if your delivery guys changed the 30 to 50 jumpers. And I hope that go blue is for the Mich. wol.

Thanks Dadofrad,

Amperage jumpers were set to 40A.  I have wiring and breakers adequate fro 50A, so i changed them.  What can I expect from the change?

There are two jumpers that I am curious about, the one labeled step mode and the one for dynamic lighting.  There are no explanations about either.  Anyone have any clues?

Yup,  it's for the Wolverines.  Our family hails from Ann Arbor.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 09:42:11 pm by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 09:11:44 am »
D1 has a a good reputation.

I'm was a bit surpirsed to see you go from a bahia at $6700 to a D1 @ $9000.  That's a pretty big jump (to me, at least).  Why the change? Was the salesman "that good"  ;)  or did you see a significant difference in between the two tubs?

What other tubs have you looked at?
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:32 am »
That is a good price on the Lotus Bay.  It's over $11K in my area.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42