What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Spas  (Read 7479 times)

dpgp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artesian Spas
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:55 pm »
I have been looking at Artesian Spa Island Series Spa. We have looked at Gulf Coast, Sundance - too pricey, Master Spa - pricey and arragant salesman.  It looks like a great spa at a good price point. We hear full foam is best then we hear full foam is bad. Very confusing. We are ready to buy  but I am looking for some feedback. I have not been able to find any ratings so some feedback would help.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Spas
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:13:55 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Artesian Spas
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:25:48 pm »
I say the Artesian Island spas are the best spa that I've ever owned.    How's that for a rating?   ;D

There are a few of us Artesian folks here (a few Island guys and a few of the higher end models).

I like the fact that Artesian offers a number of spas...including a solid $5,000 spa (Island).

(feel free to read all my posts)
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:23:26 am »
I just bought a 2005 Artesian Captiva. I have had it for a week. Everything has been easy and smooth. It is my second tub. I was looking for value and quality. So far it has been a great tub. I had a Sundance Optima before and, while that tub had more features, I don't beleive the Artesian is any less quality. I paid $6,500 out the door and delivered with cover, lift, three jet pumps, circ pump, ozone, ss jet covers, and chemicals. The great thing about the Island series is you can order the spa any way you want at whatever pricepoint you want. Each model can be ordered with three or four different numbers of jets and pumps, with or without a circ pump, and with or without ozone. You can research full foam versus thermal lock insulation forever. There are pros and cons either way. My Sundance, with full foam, never had a problem through 7 Michigan winters and the electric bill increase was the norm for quality tubs. Price, whether you like soaking in the tub, and an honest dealer with service experience are far more important in my opinion, assuming of course that the insulation, regardless of type, is well done. In the Artesian Island line, you can get a good quality tub in your price range, Just wet test and make sure you like it.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:17:02 pm »
I used to sell Artesian when I was still in retail.  I think they offer a good value and have alot of features to offer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 11:24:27 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:40:44 pm »
We have had a Artesian Piper Glen for 13 months, used every night, set at 104 all the time, keep clean with diclor and N2, & ozone..... has been no problem at all. Cost about $35.00 to $45.00 per month. I think it is a great hot tub

john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 08:16:18 pm »
I own an Artesian Island Cayman.

Here's my take ... stay away from Gulf Coast - based on what I've read, they might be a nightmare from the service end of it. Sundance 800 series is not the same level but the 700 series is and around the same price. Master's Down East line is also in the same catagory as the Island series.

The Sundance and Down East are nice tubs but I chose the Artesian for the most features for the money. I liked the look and it came with a lot of features that are usually not associated with a secondary line of tubs but it was slightly more than both the Sundance or Down East. Quite honestly I'm amazed at the performance of the Island series as it almost is as good (or maybe as good) as the Gold series and is more flexible in what you can get.

As far as full foam or not - it is constantly being debated throughout these forums. The MOST important thing is how you like the tub and dealer. If a dealer is an A$$ - walk away.

If you choose the Artesian you will be happy as I'm sure you would be with a Sundance or Down East.

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 09:16:51 pm »
We have an Artesian Piper Glen....just about a month into it and WE LOVE IT!!!!!!  We have been in it every night......we are addicts for sure!  

We initially investigated Artesian after some recommendations from this board.  We fell in love with the tub and the dealer.  No need to look any further.

Definitely wet test!

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 09:37:04 pm »
I've had my Piper Glen since October of last year. No problems so far. I don't know anything about the other spas.

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:39 am »
I agree with Vinny.  Man, it just kills me to say that.   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 10:43:47 am »
I have an Artesian Dove Canyon and love it!!  It will be a year in August.  Live in Alaska and have only had to change the water twice.  First fill used Soft soak program...and while the water was wonderful the upkeep was tough.  Lots of chemicals in this system, never could keep the ph and Alkalinity right...and there seemed to always be a scum along the water line.  On the second fill we went to Dichlor and N2.  What a relief...less maintenance, no scum and the water is great.  I do have some foaming but since the privacy area isn't finished yet we have to wear suits....which we just rince off, but friends come over and they bring their own suits...so no big deal but when you get out and turn all the jets on and put the dichlor in it tends to foam just a bit.  But anyways, the tub is fabulous!!!

Here is a website that has a photoshow of the beginnings of the project to where it is right now.  Enjoy!!

http://www.photoshow.net/devilwoman/the_ol__homestead
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 12:42:52 pm »
 8) We have had our Artesian Island series spa since November 2004 and just absolutely love it. We use it about 5x a week, weather permitting and haven't had any problems with it. I think it is a very good spa at the right price point for us and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 12:42:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42