What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Restart Hot Tub  (Read 2506 times)

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
Restart Hot Tub
« on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:51 pm »
My HS Grandee has been down for 6 weeks while landscaping work is going on. It had to be emptied, moved so the work could get done, then moved back again. It is just now ready to refill. I'll post pics of the before and after when the plantings are done!

My question is: After such a long time with no water in the tub, what should I do to prepare it for refill? A bit of dirt has fallen in. Minimal. I think I have read here that using windex (?) is a good idea to wipe it down, then maybe leave the drains open and wash some water through? Then refill the rest of the way? Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks!!
BearBath

Hot Tub Forum

Restart Hot Tub
« on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:51 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Restart Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »
If it were me I would fill it up, put a cup of dichlor, let the pumps run (unheated) for about a total of 2 hours while the whole thing sits for about 24 hours. For added measure, I would run something like swirl away in it, fill, drain and fill again ... you have now disinfected and cleaned the entire inside of your spa.

I did the disinfecting thing when I first got my tub just in case there was some nasties around.

Just my $0.02!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Restart Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42