What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ADVICE ON KEYS BRAND TUB  (Read 2359 times)

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
ADVICE ON KEYS BRAND TUB
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:33:54 pm »
Looking for an adquate hot tub, first time buyer. Live in rural U.P. Michigan, so no dealers in our general area.
Have looked at Wally-Mart and Home Depot.
They both seem to sell a unit from Keys (?).
Does anybody have one of those and how good are they?
Not looking to spend a fortune, but would like to get reliable tub for 6 people.
Our summers are short and winters are long, tub will be on an outside patio , so don't want one that would freeze-up in cold weather.
Any advice will be helpful.

Hot Tub Forum

ADVICE ON KEYS BRAND TUB
« on: June 29, 2006, 03:33:54 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: ADVICE ON KEYS BRAND TUB
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:44:25 pm »
The keys really aren't considered to be a quality tub.  

If you're going to put the tub outside and are in a cold climate,  then energy efficiey is very important.   The money you save up front on a low end tub will absolutey be  eaten up by electircal usage.  Many times over.  

The other thing  I'd mention is that if you are looking for a cold weather tub, and are on a buuget,  note what the tub is wired for.  Many of the lower priced tubs can come standard as a 110v. these tubs cannot run the heater and the pumps at the same time.  If you are going to be soaking in the winter time outside,  get a tub that is 220v.

07 Caldera Geneva

xrdirthead

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:48:28 pm by xrdirthead »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:19:01 pm »
As I've said before (in my opinion) those types of spas are made with the primary goal of hitting a very low pricepoint for huge retailers.
There are many choices out there that seek out the highest quality components from their vendors - rather than just the least expensive.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:10:17 am »
There are several good Canadian brands. Give us your zipcode, many of our users will look up their favorite brand and give you a dealer.  

Look at the bright side, your a long way from Ann Arbor!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:43:27 pm »
Thanks for the advice, will look for tubs other than Keys brand. Didn't think that would be a good choice anyway.
Zip code is 49819

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:14 pm »
Take a look at this spa.  It is a great quality spa from a reputable company with a guaranteed return policy if you don't like your product.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112486&whse=&topnav=&browse=&s=1
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:47:15 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42