What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm so tired of dealing with hot tub sales people  (Read 5866 times)

Dee Dee

I'm so tired of dealing with hot tub sales people
« on: July 01, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »
and my husband...

I want the Artesian - Grand Cayman and my husband wants the Master Spa LS2X.

The Master Spa dealer said he has an over stock of the LS2X's with lights and radio and he would sale it to us for $10,550.00 including tax.  My husband said he wouldn't spend over $8,000.00 for a hot tub, but upped it to $10,000.00 for this LS2X...  Offered the guy $10,000.00 cash and he said no, but in the last week he has called and said he would sale it to us for $10,350.00 with lights and radio, then he calls two days later and says he is getting closer to my husbands price and now is at $10,170.00 but this doesn't include the radio, it would be an extra $430.00 for the radio???  I have had it with this guy and told my husband that I will not talk to him anymore and he agreed, so we went to look at the Artesian I like.

On April 4, 2006 we were quoted $7,400.00 plus tax for the Arestian Grand Cayman, then the sales lady called and said she got it down to $6,800.00 plus tax on Memorial Day.  My husband was into the Master Spas then and we never went and got the quote in writting, so today, July 1st, we go to the store with all intentions of purchasing the Artesian Grand Cayman floor model and she tells me she can't go below $7,200.00 plus tax.  I had the cash with me!!!

I have bought many things in my life and this is just getting ridiculous!!!  I just want a hot tub and I could go and buy a hydro spa for under $5,000.00 from my friend, but all my research says not to do that!

I am just so fed up with dealing with sales people, epecially when they know they are the only dealers that are allowed to sale these hot tubs in this area!!!

I know many of you are sales people and I hope I didn't offend anyone, but it is just nice to be able to go somewhere and vent... Thanks for listening... any advice is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 01:44:19 pm by DeeDee »

Hot Tub Forum

I'm so tired of dealing with hot tub sales people
« on: July 01, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: I so tired of dealing with hot tub sales peopl
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:02:18 pm »
Did you print out that grand opening PDF insert that i posted a few months ago?  My local dealer had a grand opening sale and listed great prices on some of their spas (artesian island).

I'm not sure exactly which make/model you're looking for, but the flyer list the Artesian Island Antigua with 42 jets for $5,000.  
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:36:20 pm »
I know its hard to be patient because you want one NOW and have the money. So you should be able to get one, right? Just hold off, they are waiting for you to call. Believe me they will call you back. Go up one hundred and tell them thats it. Remind them that your most likely  going to be buying their chemicals also. So if they lose the tub sale they lose everything. I like the "no brainer deals". For those you have to be there at the right time. Year end sale, model change deals, demo deals, foor model deal, over stock deals, odd color deal and last but not least, the famous so small you just can't see it, if I didn't show you you wouldn't know it was there blemish deal!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:45:49 pm by galen »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 04:53:48 pm »
I was that way when we shopped for replacement windows.  Remember you don't have to buy now. Its my personal belief that return visits and a notebook in hand add to the the perception that you are a serious buyer and may make offers close to a minimally acceptable one to the dealer, come more freely. Keep in mind no force on earth can force a dealer to sell you a spa at a loss.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 04:56:26 pm »
I'm sorry to read about your frustration with your salesman! But are you not playing the same game that your salesman is playing.  ??? Demanding to pay only $10,000.00 for a spa that the dealer is asking for more.
All spa dealers do need to make a profit off the sale they make , but yet we do not want to let you get away. Our motto is lets get you of the market and sell you a spa. This is another thing you can do go to another dealer alittle ferther away and put in writting a service contract for mileage and buy from him.      

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:26:40 pm »
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11112486&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=11#Top

I can certainly understand your frustration as most salespeople are goobers.

The above spa might be a great choice for you and your dilemna.  Excellent spa, excellent company, NO salesgoober to bother you.

Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 06:15:10 pm »
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11112486&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=11#Top

I can certainly understand your frustration as most salespeople are goobers.

The above spa might be a great choice for you and your dilemna.  Excellent spa, excellent company, NO salesgoober to bother you.

Good luck! :)

Terminator

Now your just being mean! I mean just throwin out any old tub to get rid of her, you should be ashamed of yourself! Im joking of course it is a great tub! HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!
-SpaMan~

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 06:30:19 pm »
I understand your frustration but I am curious to know if the word of someone matters at all anymore ....What I mean is if they had a MEMORIAL DAY SALE and it is now July why would you think the price should or would still be the same....My issue is two fold....ON one hand consumers want to know a price and that is fair but if its a sale price and the sale ends....than why is that wrong......I have no respect for sale people in any trade who are less than honest....I think your YES should always be YES and your NO should be NO....but always be honest and respectful of those give you the chance to EARN their business ....but  a real sale does have an end date.....

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 07:10:14 pm »
I agree, prices change for sales and that price may not be good forever.  What sucks is when prices fluctuate so much for reasons unknown to the customer.  People (and I imagine this includes dealers and salesmen when they are buying non-hot tub items) just want to pay a fair price for their item; i.e., the same price that everyone else pays.  When you get a hotel room for $200/night and you find out your neighbor is paying $79/night for the same room, doesn't that make you angry?   Even more so for a big purchase like a hot tub that has a lot of emotional attachment.

Good luck in your search Dee Dee.  There are a lot of nice tubs out there under $8k, I'm sure you'll find one (and a dealer) that you like.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I'm so tired of dealing with hot tub sales peo
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 08:49:38 am »
I had dealt with a Sundance dealer and the salesperson
told me that I would have to replace the jets on every manufacturer's tub every year, except Sundance's 800 series.
She said that it cost $5 a jet every year for the life of the tub, because they had ball bearings.
Also, asked for a fully refundable deposit.  I had to fight to get my money back.
This was just one dealer, the other dealers seemed fine.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 09:42:23 am »
 This Sundance dealer is lying thru her teeth.
Too bad such a good brand gets such bad representation.  Probably does them more harm than good in the long run.
Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 05:15:11 pm »
I understand your frustration but I am curious to know if the word of someone matters at all anymore ....What I mean is if they had a MEMORIAL DAY SALE and it is now July why would you think the price should or would still be the same....My issue is two fold....ON one hand consumers want to know a price and that is fair but if its a sale price and the sale ends....than why is that wrong......I have no respect for sale people in any trade who are less than honest....I think your YES should always be YES and your NO should be NO....but always be honest and respectful of those give you the chance to EARN their business ....but  a real sale does have an end date.....

I have to agree with Mendo. I think that whenever shopping for something as large as this, we the consumer believe that we can chew the dealer down when in fact you are getting their lowest price AT THE TIME. As Mendo said a sale truely may be a sale or simply the prices have gone up. I don't believe all dealers are out there trying to rip people off. Personally I think the Master dealer is being a little slimy but again it's my opinion.

In 2004 when I was buying my Cayman, my dealer specifically told me Artesian was running a $300 off voucher until the end of the month and I believed her. The pricing could have been something like that along with a sale to get it down to that price.

If you don't feel comfortable with either dealer- walk away! It's only a tub and another will come along.

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 05:35:20 pm »
I'm with Mendo and Vinny on this.

I went to the store the other day to buy soda.  Didn't realize that J looked at the ad for the week prior.  The soda was 4 for $10 instead of the advertised 5 for 10.  I was a day late and the sale was over, my bad.

I think it just shows the importance of getting a quote in writing and having it state how long it is good for.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 09:15:44 am »
This Sundance dealer is lying thru her teeth.
Too bad such a good brand gets such bad representation.  Probably does them more harm than good in the long run.

Agreed.  My 02 Sundance has ball bearing jets and I haven't had to replace one yet in almost four years.  To top it off, I've got a whole extra set free of charge from my dealer.  And the replacements are more like $25, not $5.

Dee Dee

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 10:16:35 am »
I agree with the fact that a sale on memorial day shouldn't be excepted to be offered on the 4th of July and that "we" are playing the same game as the sales people and that is why I wrote - my husband is driving me nuts too.  I think he is looking to get a "deal" so bad, that he is willing to not get the hot tub he wants for a couple of hundred dollars!  It is so frustating and I just want to get the hot tub already...  If I had the guts, I would just go buy the one I like, but since he is an electrician and the one that is going to be hooking up the hot tub, I don't think that would be a good idea...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 10:16:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42