What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How low can they go?  (Read 2779 times)

Spiderman

How low can they go?
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:55:42 pm »
I'm leaning towards getting a HS spa and have gotten several quotes from area dealers.  Two dealers were around $6800 for the Sovereign and the third was at $8600!!  When I told him the other prices, he beat it without thinking twice.  If he can drop $2K just like that, that leads me to believe he can go even lower.  So, how low can he go?  Or any dealer for that matter?  I obviously want to get the best price I can.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

How low can they go?
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:55:42 pm »

Anoroc

Re: How low can they go?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 06:35:12 am »
Don't know the answer to that but I think that is a good price for that HS spa.  That is much lower than what I would have to pay for that spa here in Iowa.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:51:36 am »
He has matched the price you stated to get your business. I wouldn't beat him up more on price if he is the dealer you wish to do business with. Try for the "extras" when you are ready to finalize the deal; steps, coverlifter, etc..

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 09:27:11 am »
wow

Spiderman, you've hit on what i think is one of the most frustrating issues for a hot tub shopper.  Price.

As you know in another thread a member is looking at the exact same tub, and struggling with the price.  

Dealers here will make statements about regional differences in price due to overhead and costs, but I am with you...

WTF?

07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 02:53:52 pm »
There might be a difference between how low they CAN go and how low the WILL go.

I'd say the dealer's true cost is still lower (he's gotta make a profit to stay in business).  I wouldn't expect him to go much lower than he already has.  

I think now you're best bet might be to get him to throw in a few spa accessories (lifter, chemicals, etc.).  

Why not keep asking him.  He either will or he won't, but I'm with you guys...it would be a shame not to keep asking them to lower their price (just don't be a jerk).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »
I don't know (don't need to know) the dealer cost on a Sovereign, but from what I know, if you can buy it for under $7k it's not a bad deal.  You asked the dealer to match the price.  I would think he did that with the expectation that of he dropped his margin that low, you would buy it from him.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 05:15:56 pm »
wow

Spiderman, you've hit on what i think is one of the most frustrating issues for a hot tub shopper.  

Truer words................................  If a dealer drops $2000 on the word of a competing offer would alienate me.  I'd be thinking, you were willing to take an extra $2000 because of my ignorance?  I'll take the first dealer to make that offer.  Maybe Saturn will start making hot tubs.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 05:15:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42