What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ALPS SPAS  (Read 35146 times)

agoldga

ALPS SPAS
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:26:49 am »
Any thoughts and opinions about ALPS SPAS (http://www.alps-spas.com/showroom.html)?

Alex.

Hot Tub Forum

ALPS SPAS
« on: June 29, 2006, 09:26:49 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: ALPS SPAS
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:54:50 am »
It's funny you should ask as I was going to post the exact same question today.  Here's why:

A gentleman called me a few weeks ago trying to get service for his 2 1/2 year old ALPS spa.  I tried to recommend a couple of people who might work on it (we only service HotSpring Spas) but no one wanted to touch it.  The original dealer he bought from has changed brands 3 or 4 times since he bought his spa and refuses to service it (he is notorious for this).

Since the victim lives close to me, I stopped by to take a look at his spa (hoping to convince him to trade it in on a new HS or TR).  I couldn't believe what I saw.

It looked like a 10 year old hot tub!  The cover was horrible, the screws were rusted, the cabinet was warping badly and pieces were falling off.  The handrail was rusted (had been since he bought it).  Opened the equipment bay and looked inside:  No-name equipment, the least amount of insulation I've ever seen on a "spa", looked like pure CRAP inside.  I was kicking myself for not having my camera (I'll try to go back and get pics).

The victim cannot get satisfaction from the dealer or the manufacturer and is going to pursue legal action.  In the 2.5 years he has owned it, it has worked for maybe 6 months.

Keep Shopping, my friend. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:34:29 pm »
Term,

It is amazing that you can come across this type of thing so often...We had a very similar situation here this week (different maker)....and after the buyer saved a few bucks they unfortunately learn it was not money well spent but money almost wasted ....I know we dealers here always promote why it matters to stick with a both a dealer and a maker that has proven to take of folks AFTER they buy and I sometimes think their is skepticism when we say this but it is genuine and valid.....

Tom Pointer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:48 pm »
This post is from 2006 and is not correct.  This was NOT an Alps Spa and never should have been approved or posted.  This post still shows on GOOGLE when searching ALPS SPAS.  For more information please contact Alps Spas directly.  Please remove this post or provide correct information. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »
This post is from 2006 and is not correct.  This was NOT an Alps Spa and never should have been approved or posted.  This post still shows on GOOGLE when searching ALPS SPAS.  For more information please contact Alps Spas directly.  Please remove this post or provide correct information.

I was wondering what happened to this thread from 6 years ago, thanks for bringing it back up!!   ::)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 05:14:38 am »

Tell us Tom why this is not correct?? I would tend to believe 2 previous posters over a new poster who wants a post removed because he has an interest in the company possibly?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 07:01:14 am »

Post should never have been approved?  Exxxcuuuusee me! Remove the post?  Fat chance in hell, I don't go around removing posts that I think are wrong or I disagree with, unless they are pro-University of Michigan.  ;) 

Why don't you go after google and get them to take down their link?  Why aren't there equal number of posts praising this spa line (that I never heard of)?   Tell you what, give those guys I heard on the radio a call - Reputation Defender, I'm curious as to what they do.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:05:01 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:33 am »
I'm still waiting to see what was not correct.  Tell us why Alps Spas have been improved and why someone would buy one?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:26 am »
I'm still waiting to see what was not correct.  Tell us why Alps Spas have been improved and why someone would buy one?

I'll take a guess....customer was contemplating an ALPS spa, customer finds negative post via google, customer shows concern about said post....now enter mr. salesman, sales manager, regional sales manger or similar to have negative posts removed from the web?....am i close?

vangoghsear

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 12:32:40 pm »
I have no interest in this one way or another, but I checked the current website.  Features mentioned on the current website do show improvement over the one described by East_TX_Spa.  Such items as Balboa controls and other name brand components.  The site says they have been making tubs for over 20 years.

http://www.alpsspas.com/

From the Alps website:

Balboa AL9000 fully programmable control system
    2-6 / 1.5 HP pumps
    Balboa Ozone with Mazzei injector
    14 bulb main light with 7 color settings
    2 Pop up lighted mushroom waterfalls
    2 Lighted cup holders
    100 sq ft Roadster filter system
    Powder coated galvanized steel frame construction
    Solid ABS floor system
    Auxiliary remote
    Aromatherapy

Not saying they are any good, I've never seen one, but they don't sound as bad as the one described anymore, so maybe they have improved.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 12:58:01 pm »
They may not be well known everywhere but I hear the Alps are big in Switzerland.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »
Holy Cannoli, who doesn't make a spa these days (other than one's grandmother)?  ;)

Pretty soon, it might just be easier to list companies that don't make spas...  ;D

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 02:59:51 pm »
I will say they make a nice step for Swimming Pools, have used them a few times and they are real good quality compared to some of the other stuff I have seen before

vangoghsear

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:42:08 pm »
I will say they make a nice step for Swimming Pools, have used them a few times and they are real good quality compared to some of the other stuff I have seen before
You know, I stopped and looked at the photo of their set of hot tub steps when looking through the website on the options page.  They have a nice style.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »
It's funny you should ask as I was going to post the exact same question today.  Here's why:

A gentleman called me a few weeks ago trying to get service for his 2 1/2 year old ALPS spa.  I tried to recommend a couple of people who might work on it (we only service HotSpring Spas) but no one wanted to touch it.  The original dealer he bought from has changed brands 3 or 4 times since he bought his spa and refuses to service it (he is notorious for this).

Since the victim lives close to me, I stopped by to take a look at his spa (hoping to convince him to trade it in on a new HS or TR).  I couldn't believe what I saw.

It looked like a 10 year old hot tub!  The cover was horrible, the screws were rusted, the cabinet was warping badly and pieces were falling off.  The handrail was rusted (had been since he bought it).  Opened the equipment bay and looked inside:  No-name equipment, the least amount of insulation I've ever seen on a "spa", looked like pure CRAP inside.  I was kicking myself for not having my camera (I'll try to go back and get pics).

The victim cannot get satisfaction from the dealer or the manufacturer and is going to pursue legal action.  In the 2.5 years he has owned it, it has worked for maybe 6 months.

Keep Shopping, my friend. :)

Terminator

There is nothing on their web site that would refute anything said here. No mention of insulation type or quantity anywhere. No mention of CS or SS screws and fasteners. No mention of type or quality of cover. Nothing about cabinet type or thickness. We all know all cabinets are not created equal. Balboa has a whole big fat catolog of parts and pieces in a number of price ranges. Do they use the good stuff or the.......
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42