What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello, I'm New!  (Read 4829 times)

VV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hello, I'm New!
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:21 pm »
Hello Everyone,
      I'm new here & thinking of purchasing a Hot Tub.  One of my friends from another site who recently purchased a Hot Tub and mentioned this site, so I decided to check it out.

I have a question about  temperature setting.  I live in GA where it's relatively hot in the summer months and was wondering what's the lowest temp that a hot tub will generally reach.  This will determine whether I need to install a Hot Tub in some type of indoor room/sunroom or not.

Thanks,
VV

Hot Tub Forum

Hello, I'm New!
« on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:21 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Hello, I'm New!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:58 pm »
you can generally set the temperature on the controls as low as 80 degrees.  But, if the average temp. outside is 90 degrees - the water will be at least 90 degrees too.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:37:51 pm »
Agreed.

HOWEVER,

If you set the tub a few degrees below body temp, you will feel very refreshed and cooled off by time you exit the tub.

It only take 2 or 3 degrees - say about 95ish.

Now, what to do with the humidity and bugs....

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 07:44:23 am »
Now, what to do with the humidity and bugs....
 ;)

Head North or West... ;) ;D ;)
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:06:55 am »
 Not too far north.  Minnesota summers can be very humid, and we have plenty of bugs.
Brewman

VV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 09:59:50 am »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  I'm not 100% sure where this Hot Tub will be placed, but the humidity here is a big negative factor. :{

Who said move North or West????  I will never let my hubby read this post, as he's constantly harping on the idea of moving West.  We're now looking for a vacation home out West in the Montana area.  He's so determined that he decided to leave  a couple of Real Estate books on my desk this a.m with hopes of forcing me to call an agent. LOL

We visited the Hot Springs Resort in Montana approx 3 wks ago, and  it was wonderful.  The weather was overall great.  But, I don't want to live there full-time.

Thanks again for your replies!

VV

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:41 am »
EVen in GA, you get some nights that are less than 90. If you keep your tub at 101 say for example, you may find it 103-104 some nights.   We do most of our soaking at 10-11pm in the summer.  On the hottest days, I go out and open the tub 30 minutes before we go out. We enjoy a relaxing soak at 101, then are back into the air conditioned house.  Up here in Ohio, there is usually only 1-2 days a season where it is too hot to soak even late.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

96SC

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 10:50:51 am »
Greeting VV, I'm in the state just to your north.

Welcome to the forum, we too, are looking into getting a spa, the info you will get in here is tremendous.

Yes,  the humidity down here is horrible.   But we make up for it with the mild winters.

Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 03:10:18 pm »
Who said move North or West????  
Thanks again for your replies!

VV

NE-Phil did.  Look up about 4 posts or so.

Brewman

georgiapeach

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 03:18:31 pm »
Hey W,

Where in GA are you?  

Peachy

Hello Everyone,
       I'm new here & thinking of purchasing a Hot Tub.  One of my friends from another site who recently purchased a Hot Tub and mentioned this site, so I decided to check it out.

I have a question about  temperature setting.  I live in GA where it's relatively hot in the summer months and was wondering what's the lowest temp that a hot tub will generally reach.  This will determine whether I need to install a Hot Tub in some type of indoor room/sunroom or not.

Thanks,
VV

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:21:01 pm by wmccall »

VV

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:18:55 am »
Hello,
 Thanks for the great tips, especially, soaking at night during the hot summer days.  Although, I'm not sure if my hubby will buy into that idea.

96sc, I agree that the pay off for living in this hot humid state is enjoying mild winters.  We could thoroughly enjoy our hot tubs 3 out of 4 seasons.  Not too bad!

Peachy, I'm in Augusta, GA, 2.5 hrs from ATL, 2.5 hrs from Savannah, & 4 hrs from FL, which is another nice trade for living here in my opinion.

Thanks again everyone for your great input.

VV

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 09:24:53 am »
I'm in Augusta, GA, 2.5 hrs from ATL, 2.5 hrs from Savannah, & 4 hrs from FL, which is another nice trade for living here in my opinion.
VV

And only 16.5 hours from boston!

I'll bring the beer. ;)

Welcome W!
07 Caldera Geneva

georgiapeach

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 10:12:07 am »
Hey V V,

I'm in Warner Robins, GA, at Robins AFB.....about 2 hours South of Atlanta.  I've been to Augusta before on business; stayed at the Partridge Inn, I think the name was.  

I have a Grandee hot tub and I keep the temp at around 99 during this time of year and put 2 Tennis balls to prop the lid to hold that temp because if don't prop it, it gets up to 104.  I do get the afternoon sun in the back where the hot tub is.  

Peachy

Hello,
  Thanks for the great tips, especially, soaking at night during the hot summer days.  Although, I'm not sure if my hubby will buy into that idea.

96sc, I agree that the pay off for living in this hot humid state is enjoying mild winters.  We could thoroughly enjoy our hot tubs 3 out of 4 seasons.  Not too bad!

Peachy, I'm in Augusta, GA, 2.5 hrs from ATL, 2.5 hrs from Savannah, & 4 hrs from FL, which is another nice trade for living here in my opinion.

Thanks again everyone for your great input.

VV

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 11:34:35 am »
Move?  From the Southeast?  Are you serious?  No way.  Bugs are effectively controlled with screens.  Humidity is good.  Dry I don't like, but humidity in very liveable for me.  I do my best work between 85 and 90 degrees and 70-80% humidity.  This is great for bicycling.

Otherwise I agee with you Chas.  :-)

Here in West Palm Beach I keep my tub in the low 90s in the summer months and find it very comfortable.  Leaving the cover off overnight is necessary once a week or so in the hottest months to keep the temp down.

Bill
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:38:05 am by Bill_Stevenson »

96SC

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 09:07:07 pm »
..... I'm in Augusta, GA......
VV

VV, I'm 1 hour from you in, where else; Ninety Six, SC.  Been to Augusta several times, even made it to the 'practice rounds' once.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 09:07:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42