What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring afficianados....why no foot jets?  (Read 8060 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Hot Spring afficianados....why no foot jets?
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:55:32 am »
I want to buy a HS spa...I really do!  Instead I am going to purchase Caldera over HS (same parent company I know) because the Caldera has a better foot massager.  I was looking at the HS Vanguard and Envoy.  Both were conspicuously absent of foot jets in the footwell.

The Caldera Moorea and Niagara (among other Calderas) have good foot jets.  So does the Sundance Optima.  

Does HS just not value the foot jet or am I overvaluing the foot jet?  What's your opinion on a good foot massage?

Thanks,

Marc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:37:36 pm by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring afficianados....why no foot jets?
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:55:32 am »

hawkman

Re: Hot Spring afficianados....why no foot jets?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:01:00 am »
The HS has foot jets. On the Envoy it is at the end of the lounger. There are also some at the bottom on the side of the lounger if I recall.

I had a Niagra before (before the shell cracked, I don't recomend those perl type finishes) and that did have better foot jets. The best one was the utopia jet.. the one in the floor is awesome..

This may sound weird, but the seat jets are good foot jets.. just put your fee up to the jets in one of the seats and brace yourself against other seats..

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 09:40:47 am »
My Envoy has 2 jet stream foot jets in the footwell where Hawkman said, on the side by the lounger, foot jets at the end of the lounger, and there is a jet steam foot jet in front of the corner seat that is by the fountain.   I'm not sure what you are missing???
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:06 am »
two great responses from real owners. on any spa, there's foot jets all over! Personally, my favorite foot jet is the motomassage. it's also perfect for my calves, I just sit on the bartop. You may just find that your favorite foot jet is NOT in the bottom of the floor----on any spa.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:37:20 am »
I wet tested the Envoy and either didn't notice or was not that impressed with the foot jets.  As a runner it is a MUST have for a spa to have good foot jets.

Marc

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 11:52:08 am »
I have a Grandee and my foot jets are great. I don't know how you could want anything more powerful short of flaying the skin off your feet. As a previous poster noted the double moto gives a great foot massage, both feet at once. In fact the versatility of the Grandee is what pleases me the most. With a little creative positioning you can find great therapy for any part of your body.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 11:52:59 am by Iceman »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 11:56:20 am »
I love my foot jets!

If you like foot jets certainly don't
settle for a tub without them and then
regret it for years.

Why buy a tub where you have to
"brace yourself" to use a freaking foot jet?

Again I think it is just a personal choice, but I have
heel spurs so the foot jets on the floor of the tub
are one of my favorite luxuries on my Cal Spa SQ92
hot tub.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:11:48 pm by Zep »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 12:15:35 pm »
One of the primary reasons we bought this Dynasty was its awesome foot jet.

The only problem is, despite the picture, there is only one, the center one.  There is a jet on either side of what we call the footblaster, that are plumbed so bad almost no water comes out of them, but the center one is great.  I'm tall enough that if I sit in the bottom of the tub it becomes the most intense back jet on the market.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 01:28:31 pm »
We've only had our spa (Sundance Majesta) for a little over a week but we are SO glad we got the foot jets.  In fact we were going to get the Altamar because of the lounge but the deciding factor was the foot jets in the well.  

Yes, you can get a foot massage by using the seats but what if the seats are all taken ??? :-/  Then NOBODY gets a foot massage.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but the jets in the foot well are one of our favorite features of our tub.

Denise
'06 Majesta

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 02:30:44 pm »
I want to buy a HS spa...I really do! ?Instead I am going to purchase Caldera over HS (same parent company I know) because the Caldera has a better foot massager. ?I was looking at the HS Vanguard and Envoy. ?Both were conspicuously absent of foot jets in the footwell.

The Caldera Moorea and Niagara (among other Calderas) have good foot jets. ?So does the Sundance Optima. ?

Does HS just not value the foot jet or am I overvaluing the foot jet? ?What's your opinion on a good foot massage?

Thanks,

Marc

Wow, that's very interesting. Perhaps the HS salesperson didn't turn the diverter valves on correctly to operate the Jetstream jets in the footwell? Do you remember if the Jetstream jets were turned on for you? I'm thinking the foot jets were turned off for you during the wet test.  

The Envoy has three powerful Jetstream footwell jets as well as the two Hydrostream jets at the base of the lounger. Plenty of foot power if you ask me. The Caldera Euphoria Jet does sound cool though.  

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 02:32:09 pm »
The foot jets in the Envoy are in perfect positions for me - usable from any seat in the tub.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
Hi I have a Envoy and it has 3 strong footjets that will work from 3 seats. Maybe the salesperson didn't turn the diviter to turn them on ???

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 03:51:26 pm »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 08:09:32 pm »
As a HS Grandee owner, I disagree with the "no foot jets" comment....There are two jetstream jets in the footwell area that are useable by most of the seats...there are also a pair of smaller jets at the front of the Motomassage seats for use on the back of the calves (a LIFESAVER the other day after having had a massive cramp in my calf in the night!!).
Just because there's no jet WAYYY on the bottom of the tub doesn't mean there's no jet action. Personally (my $.02 yet again, but forgive me, it's been awhile), I wouldn't want a jet directly on the bottom of the tub. To me, it would mean less solid base to step on without catching my toe in one, or breaking parts off by being careless when walking in/out.
Okay, I'm off my soapbox on this one. ;) Best of luck in your search for the perfect footsie massage!
RIP C-Rod

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 11:00:09 pm »
I have the Caldera Tahitian and for my preferences I would personally miss the 8 foot jets in the lounge and the Euphoria  and whirlpool jets are so strong and the euphoria jey works well being in the mound on the floor.  It's extremely strong and can be adjusted to a little direction.  But you gotta get what you want and what will make you happy gores.  Good luck with the decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 11:00:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42