What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circ Pump Run Time  (Read 4956 times)

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
Re: Circ Pump Run Time
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 10:32:19 am »
OK, now I'm a little confused ... I read the original post by dsegel and the ozonator and why would the circ pump go off when you lower the temp?

Vinny,

They didn't say that the circulation pump goes off when the water temperature goes up, they said the ozonator goes off.  Would the ozonator going off cause the circ pump to go off?    :-/

Don't know why the water temp would control the ozonator.  I didn't think to ask him WHY.  :P

One thing I've noticed about my tub.  They told me to add dichlor, 3 Tbl. once a week.  At the end of the seventh day, the water starts getting a TEENSY bit cloudy and by the morning of the eighth day (when time to add the dichlor), it is quite a bit cloudy.  The dichlor has cleared it all up in 24 hours.  

I decided to add a HEAPING (I've been adding a LEVEL) teaspoon of the MPS after each use this week to see if I can hold off the cloudiness one more day; however, if that doesn't work, I'm thinking of increasing my circ pump run time and see if that helps.  Does this reasoning sound right?  
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 10:32:19 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:37:25 pm »
That's great that you get that far without adding dichlor and don't cloudy water, If I go for more than 2 days my water gets cloudy. My dealer wanted me to use enhanced shock which is dichlor and MPS combined and only use it once a week as well but I don't use her method.

I would suggest mid week to add a teaspoon ful of dichlor and see if it makes an improvement. I use about 1 teaspoon per person and have to add dichlor every other day when I don't soak. I personally am not a big fan of not using dichlor after soaking. I treat the MPS the opposite of you - I add MPS to shock but only occassionally (every 2 to 3 weeks) and use dichlor all the other times - even to shock.

As far as the ozonator, my knowledge of it is as long as flow is going past the ozone venturi you will get bubbles even if the ozonator is not working. That is what leaves me to believe that the circ pump is turning off.

I always have bubbles even though my ozonator can be programed and I thought that Artesian was the only manufacturer to do this but I could be wrong.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 04:50:12 pm »

Vinny,

They didn't say that the circulation pump goes off when the water temperature goes up, they said the ozonator goes off.  Would the ozonator going off cause the circ pump to go off?    :-/

Don't know why the water temp would control the ozonator.  I didn't think to ask him WHY.  :P

That is not correct.  The water temp does not control the ozonator.  The circ pump shuts off when the water temp is two degrees above the set temp.  It goes into summer logic to prevent the circ pump from driving the temp up.  The only time the ozonator shuts off is when the therapy pumps or the blower is manually turned on.  When they are turned off, the ozonator turns back on after a wait period of time.

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 05:01:02 pm »
I have read other posts where some people use the dichlor and the MPS in reversed "roles."  I'll give the teaspoon of dichlor mid-week a try and see if that does the trick.

As far as the ozonator, my knowledge of it is as long as flow is going past the ozone venturi you will get bubbles even if the ozonator is not working. That is what leaves me to believe that the circ pump is turning off.

The bubbles are ALMOST always on in my tub.  There were a couple times; however, when I noticed the bubbles were not on.  If it happens again I assume I should call service on it  ??? .
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 05:01:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42