What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question regarding self-install of cover lifter  (Read 7513 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Question regarding self-install of cover lifte
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 03:34:39 pm »
I'm surprised no one's even mentioned, if have not formally ordered the new spa yet, why not get the dealer to knock $70 off the cover lifter AND install it? (GAWD, I can't believe I'm talking you out of buying from me :-)  )

Seriously, the dealers making $ off you for the spa, and even at $70 off the cover lifter he's still making $ there. Wheel and deal!

I guess all the dealers around here have finally beat us into submission, or at Don Quixote says, is true about this being a salesman dominated site. (That and gun toting weirdos)   I guess having just dealt with this issue myself on my own 3 year old, I'm on my own tub, I didn't think of it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 03:34:39 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 03:44:34 pm »
I installed my own, not because the dealer wouldn't do it but because I felt I would do a better job.  Talk about being a control freak. ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 03:47:50 pm »

That stinks! Yeah, I'd rather have someone admit ignorance than plow ahead and damage a new toy.

I found out who has the real temper that night. After my wife noticed he drilled a hole in the cover, he said, and this is an exact quote -" Well, your going to ge a lot more holes and tears in it pretty quickly"

I saw my wife light up, I sent her in the house, smiled and said, "Thanks goodnight!"  I then let the dealer make things right the next day, which he did. Shortly after that he started doing all deliveries with his own people.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 05:05:31 pm »
I have to say I have a CMIII (gas shock lifters) and $300 seems a little steep. Of course I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago and we all know prices have increased.

I installed mine and it wasn't a big deal IMO. I have it directly under the spa's shell's lip and it works very well. The hardest thing I found was figuring out how far back to mount the braces but once I figured that out - it was a snap. Just remember that you have to instal it on a solid piece of wood under the skirting.

It's a great lifter and offers a lot of privacy when its open.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 07:57:37 pm »
Wow, Anne, that's terrible service from your dealer if you ask me. I've never heard of a dealer not installing a cover purchased through them on a new install.

hehehe- check with your dealer and make sure that if you get it from him he actually installs it. I got a covermateI thrown in with my tub, and I assumed that when the tub was delivered they'd install it, but they just said "here you go!" and handed me the box. When I asked a few qestions about installing, he said he had no idea, he just knew how to move tubs.

Now, I think that my situation with this dealer and his idiotic cronies was unusual, but since you are basing the decision on extra savings vs DIY, I'd get clarification.

And, for what it is worth, I'm a LITTLE handier than your average girl, and I had absolutely no problem with the installation. Yours is a different model than mine, but the process should be the same, and my covermate came with very clear instructions about where to install the brackets for how high you want the cover.

Congrats!

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

anne

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 03:14:47 am »
Well, he's also not a dealer anymore; perhaps not a coincidence. Other Arctic folks have taken care of me. Bummer is that the nearest dealer is now about 80-100 miles away. I'd rather work with them anyway.
Dance like nobody's watching

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:08:28 am »
I got the CMIII and nice lift, and easy to use, no problems so far.  Dealer installed on delivery, didn't look to complicated but then again they do it all the time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:08:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42