What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Permit hassles  (Read 7207 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Permit hassles
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:40 pm »
I have done dozens, perhaps into the hundreds. I get Christmas Cards from the crane guy. Never heard of it before.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:40 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 07:22:41 pm »
I didn't have to have one!  Of course, no one knew I needed a crane delivery until the last minute!!!

And my guy parked the truck in my driveway & lifted it over the house, so no encroachment here, either!

And as neighbors go, all of mine came out to watch the excitement, and to ask when they were invited to take a dip!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Anoroc

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 08:24:06 pm »
You know I just had my electircal done for my Vanguard and not that I think about it I seriously doubt the electrician took out a permit for the job.

I guess I better be nice to the locals.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 12:09:15 am »
And as neighbors go, all of mine came out to watch the excitement, and to ask when they were invited to take a dip!!!

Hi Lori!

Yeah, it's pretty tough to hide the fact that you are getting a new tub when it's sailing through the air and the whole 'hood is out watching it.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 05:07:25 pm »
This story reminds me of the building department hassle I had last year here in Florida.  When the plans for the new house were submitted for the building permit, they included the spa, electrical permits, even a copy of the owner's manual, which was for a Caldera Geneva.  In the end, though, the Caldera did not arrive in time and we substituted the Envoy.  Didn't fit the permit.  Electrical different.  The builder changed the wiring, placed the spa only to learn that the drawing did not reflect another requirement for distance from the next lot or some such.  Result was the installed spa, inside a screened patio did not meet the application specifications and was rejected.  The town wanted the builder to re-apply for a new building permit to resolve the issue.  Fee:  $15,000.00.  Without compliance, the town threatened to pull the electric meter off the house, which means no occupancy permit, and you have to evacuate the premises immediately.  This was finally resolved at the 11th hour fifty ninth minute be a sympathetic clerk at the town building inspector office who went to a supervisor who signed off on the as built drawings.  Up to that point, even a couple of high priced lawyers had failed miserably.  

Moral:  If you treat the ladies (who really run the department anyway) well, it is sometimes possible to move the mountain to Mohammed.

Bill  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 05:07:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42