What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog jet packs  (Read 12241 times)

hotstuffbaby

Bullfrog jet packs
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:18:58 pm »
Hey everyone-

Wanted to thank so many of you for offering your opinions on my first post.  Haven't been searching for a week or so since I'm also trying to buy furniture (seems that 2006 is gonna be one hella expensive year for purchases!), but I'm reading here and there still and trying to move forward with plans for pouring a concrete slab for the backyard.

At any rate, I'm curious to get opinions here about the unique system Bullfrog Spas has - re: their Jetpacks.  I don't know that I'd upgrade or not and I'm not sure if I would actually move the packs from seat to seat.  (seems easiest just to move me!)... however, I do have questions about their performance and power and I wonder if indeed there have been reports about leaks here as opposed to tubs with more traditional plumbing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch-
HotStuffBaby in (sorta sunny) Oregon

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog jet packs
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:18:58 pm »

96SC

Re: Bullfrog jet packs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 04:43:17 pm »
I don't own a bullfrog or know anyone who does, but if you go to search (see above between help and memebers) type in the word 'bullfrog' and have it go back 100 days there is at least one post that mentions back pack power and leaks (it was #11 when I searched).

Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:12:52 pm »

Wow....never have seen these removeable jets.

Does not really appeal to me.... like you say it's
easier to just move than move the jet.

But 2EachHisOwn.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/index.html

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:45:55 pm »
Other than having a diverter valve in my back on some seats.  They look kind of cool, wonder if the jet packs are expensive.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 12:04:09 am »
their Jetpacks.  I don't know that I'd upgrade or not and I'm not sure if I would actually move the packs from seat to seat.  (seems easiest just to move me!)...

Thanks a bunch-
HotStuffBaby in (sorta sunny) Oregon

BINGO. While I think the idea is unique I doubt people will ever move or change the jetpack so I'm not sure there is anyting practical to them and they are aren't cheap to replace if you ever wanted to. Nice idea but 95% Marketing and 5% real use IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 02:21:19 am »
And, of course, every seat has to be the same contour and depth - or you wouldn't be able to interchange the backs.  This isn't going to accomodate every bather's comfortable seating depth.

MarKee

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48:12 am »
I've heard that  stagnant water is an issue and that they have weak jet power.  Bullfrog has only been in business 9 or 10 years, not as established as some of the bigger manufacturers.  Unique concept though.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:34:51 am »
I don't think I would be moving the packs around a lot after the initial week, but I like the idea of getting custom ones where you want them at first.  My tub had removable jets and I picked a couple types I liked and purchased some others and after a week got them where I liked them. I wonder if there is a pak with no jets to creat a quiet seat?

(No BF dealer me, I haven't seen one in person.)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:04:51 pm »
WE got our Bullfrog 451 about 1 month ago and we both love it.  The thing about the jet pack is that although you won't move them around constantly what you can do is move the jet pack to the seat that you like and no not all seats are them same depth the lounger and the corner seat are deaper.  We were told by our dealer that the jet packs range in price from $250 to $400 canadian. All the jet packs have a small open line behind the seat to create positive pressure and recirculate the water behind them so the stagnant thing is a myth. The 451 has one 5hp pump and we do not find it under powered at all.  The best advice you will get is to wet test the ttub before you buy, there are alot of good tubs out there we happened to choose the Bullfrog because of the size, orientation of seating to our yard,  reputation of the dealer and our own research in comparing it to others in the same price range.  If you do decide on the Bullfrog we don't think you will be dissappointed.  Happy tub shopping
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:13:04 pm »
OH MY GOD!!!!!

I was just advised by wife of my horrible grammar, run on sentences and poor spelling, so I went back to re-read my post    OOOOPPPS.  So from now on, to all readers please keep in mind the perfect grammar and sentence structure is from the female canadian and the mess is from the male canadian.  Two people sharing the same log in and password.  I could have gotten away with the spelling by telling you all that, that is the canadian version( eg. center vs. centre etc. etc. etc.)

Please don't judge me

The male canadian

Bullfrog 451

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 12:33:46 am »

BINGO. While I think the idea is unique I doubt people will ever move or change the jetpack so I'm not sure there is anyting practical to them and they are aren't cheap to replace if you ever wanted to. Nice idea but 95% Marketing and 5% real use IMO.

I'm sure you are right, but your percentages could apply to any spa out there.  Most spa manufacturers use a hand full of equip manufacturers, motor and pump manufacturers, jets etc...  The majority of spas sold, are sold as a result of creative marketing.  I think the biggest advantage is the greatly reduced propensity for leaks, as well as not having to deal with diverter valves.  Just my 2 cents

hymbaw

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 03:09:53 am »

Just Kidding, of course!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 07:22:15 am »
Some of my best Canadians are friends! ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 09:56:57 am »
I saw Bullfrog spas on HGTV last night on the patio and grills show.  Some of their stuff looks kind of cool.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
You would go a long way in dispelling that myth if you could pull out one of your jet packs and take a digital photo of that small open line and post it here. If you have that ability. thanks

We were told by our dealer that  All the jet packs have a small open line behind the seat to create positive pressure and recirculate the water behind them so the stagnant thing is a myth.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 10:44:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42