What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: towel rack or stand  (Read 7759 times)

anne

towel rack or stand
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:05:24 pm »
I'd like to find something other than a patio chair to put towels/robes on while in the tub. I know that there are a lot of options out there, but I need something free standing, with a stable, wide base (robes are heavy) that can withstand weather. Any ideas? thanks!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

towel rack or stand
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:05:24 pm »

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Re: towel rack or stand
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:10:59 pm »
I like the stand, but if you are in an area where you can get high wind, it can be blown over. You can get a rack, but if you attach it to the side of the spa, sometimes it will get wet if you're splashing around in there.

But my preference is the stand, it's portable, durable and can hold quite a few (i believe up to 4) towel/robes on it.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:54:21 pm »
Brookenstein posted a thread about this not too long ago. Maybe she can post a link to it. There were several links to various stands.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:20:51 pm »
We went to one of those unfinished furniture stores and bought a coat rack that you would use inside your front door.  We just painted it with outdoor trim paint and it works perfectly.  Holds 8 towels with no problem.  I think it was on sale at the time and cost about $30.

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 02:20:45 pm »
Bought a decent towel tree at "Tar-jeh"* recently. It seems to do the trick and doesn't look to bad. Mine is under cover but it would probably hold up for awhile out in he sun. And cheap enough that it replacing it is no big deal. Not sure how the wind might affect it as mine is protected.

You can see it in this picture:

But can't find it on their website. They did have something like this:

Only $40 so not bad.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-6/qid=1148667519/ref=sr_1_6/601-0337355-8727345?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0001HKC64

*AKA "Target"
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:28:19 pm »
I had the plastic one Tanstaafly2 shows in his picture.  You fill the base with sand or water to weigh it down.  Mine broke in the first year.  :P I think it's crap.

I also have the wood one Tanstaafly2 shows in the first picture. I too bought it at the fancy french boutique Targe'

I liked it better than the plastic, but one  base screw did pull apart on me (easy fix  )  I'll be using it for my pool this summer.   (2nd season).   If you are going to be handing robes, make sure you get one tall enough so they don't hang on the ground.

07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 02:34:47 pm »
But can't find it on their website. They did have something like this:

Nice rack!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tanstaafl2

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 02:48:14 pm »

Nice rack!

I wodered how long it would be before that was posted! Not long I see.

BTW, I agree!  8)

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:03:26 pm »

Nice rack!

You won't get that rack for forty bucks.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 03:04:40 pm »

You won't get that rack for forty bucks.

I know place that for $1 you can look at it  for a few minutes.

But they charge $7.00 for a Bud light.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 03:09:16 pm »

I know place that for $1 you can look at it  for a few minutes.

But they charge $7.00 for a Bud light.  ::)

And $7.01 for a Shiner Bock ;D

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 03:39:45 pm »
Getting back on topic here  ;D though I agree whole hardily on the nice rack.

I've been working on my own design for a towel rack. I'm about ready to make a few hunderd, but, opinions for the general public (if you all are even close to that  ;D  ) are always welcome.

BEFORE YOU SEE THE PICTURE: please remember that this is just a prototype. I built it out of some junk wood that was laying around. The actual model will be out of western red cedar.

Some more info. The upright pole is square, but there's only 3 equally spaces legs. It was a biatch to figue out how to do this, but with 3 legs any possibility of rocking on an uneven surface is eliminated. In the picture/prototype, the vertical pole goes all the way to the ground. In the "real" thing, it wont and should stop just below where the legs attach.

The "hooks" for hanging your stuff are made from copper pipe. Though not shown in the "protype" picture there will be end caps on the pipe. There's 2 horizontal bars (I think 14" long) and 2 at a 45 degree angle

Overall height is yet to be determined, but I think somewhere arounf 4-1/2 feet / 54 inches
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

The_Big_Spa_Fairy

• A Spa is a happy place. A REAL happy place.
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 04:38:45 pm »
Dear Doctor,

Being so close to the tree nymphs as I am, I hate to see things made of wood which could easily be made of a more long-lasting material.

I wonder - how would one ship something like that?

As a Big Spa Fairy, I am permanent-press. I even smell nice when warm. So I have no real need for towells.

But other than that, it looks nice.

Don't be fooled by cheap imitators in green tights

tanstaafl2

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 04:47:35 pm »
Getting back on topic here  ;D though I agree whole hardily on the nice rack.

I've been working on my own design for a towel rack. I'm about ready to make a few hunderd, but, opinions for the general public (if you all are even close to that  ;D  ) are always welcome.

BEFORE YOU SEE THE PICTURE: please remember that this is just a prototype. I built it out of some junk wood that was laying around. The actual model will be out of western red cedar.

Some more info. The upright pole is square, but there's only 3 equally spaces legs. It was a biatch to figue out how to do this, but with 3 legs any possibility of rocking on an uneven surface is eliminated. In the picture/prototype, the vertical pole goes all the way to the ground. In the "real" thing, it wont and should stop just below where the legs attach.

The "hooks" for hanging your stuff are made from copper pipe. Though not shown in the "protype" picture there will be end caps on the pipe. There's 2 horizontal bars (I think 14" long) and 2 at a 45 degree angle

Overall height is yet to be determined, but I think somewhere arounf 4-1/2 feet / 54 inches

Looks pretty nice. Do you have an estimated cost yet? I would think if you start to drift far north of $100 it tends to get less attractive for most people (well, me at least) even if it is made of high quality materials.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:47:56 pm by tanstaafl2 »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:17:30 pm »

Dear Doctor,

Being so close to the tree nymphs as I am, I hate to see things made of wood which could easily be made of a more long-lasting material.

I see............ So you'd prefer something made from a crude oil product????  ;D

More seriously, as you know, we manufacture traditional wooden hot tubs, from wood. We get a bit  of wood that just doesn't meet the high standards for our hot tubs and I"m always loking for ways to use it. A lot of it winds up being turned into some of th highest quality decking there is. And usualy about once a year some movie studio needs a tub, that doesn't have to hold water, for a prop.

I wonder - how would one ship something like that?

Well my little tree hugging friend.......... It would ship in a 5" square, 5' long cardboard box. We'd preassemble the the thing, them take it apart labling where each of the parts go, and pack er up. Slap a UPS lable on it and awayyyyyyyyyy it goes.

Oh, I hoping for for price of $109.95
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:17:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42