What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Uh Oh!  Problems with the new (used) Artesian  (Read 7266 times)

Brookenstein

Uh Oh!  Problems with the new (used) Artesian
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:22:02 pm »
I'm hoping someone can help.

Friends looked at the tub Monday and ran all the jets everything looked good.  Had professional movers move the tub yesterday.  Ran the wiring this morning, filled it up, and ran it.  The jets aren't all working, and the ones that are seem to be at 1/2 pressure/speed.  Also, there appears to be a susbatantial leak.  They think it is (or around) the speaker.  They took the siding off and can see the leaking (not exactly).  It is a fairly fast moving leak... so they have turned off the power.

Any clue where to start on either problem?

Hot Tub Forum

Uh Oh!  Problems with the new (used) Artesian
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:22:02 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Uh Oh!  Problems with the new (used) Artesian
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:36:22 pm »
Buellar... Buellar... anyone?

51 reads and not a single response...   >:(

OK... she has an error (3 blinking lights) which indicates either a problem with the heating component or water flow.  Her temp reading is accurate, but it is not heating.  The manual says to clean the screen of the circ pump.  Is that the circular thing on the side in the foot well?  Can she take it off when the tub is filled?  If thats not it, where is it?  Should she have bubbles coming through it like I do in my Envoy?  If so, she doesn't.

As for the leak, they discovered they are missing a speaker and thus it is leaking from there.  Is there a dealer on here who can tell us how much a speaker would be and could order one for us?  Her local dealer doesn't stock filters and/or know how much they cost... so I don't think they are going to be helpful with this.

Please somebody HELP!!!!!    :'(

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:03:52 am »
You need a tech out there...If you want call us....

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 12:09:11 am »
SHould they turn it off and/or drain it for the night?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:22:08 am »
Ouch, that's too bad. Did they call the previous owners? Did they lose the speaker on the way home or was it already gone? It sounds like they need a good tech. Good luck.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 12:53:05 am »
I told her to call the previous owners, but  I don't think they will.  WHen they looked at the tub there was water puddled around it, but they were told it was from the rain earlier that day... now in hindsite, they know it was a leak, so who knows where the speaker is.  (Hence, why I thought she should call.)  The old owners inherited the tub when they bought the house (in Nov) and it doesn't look like they know anything about it.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 03:24:08 am »
Got Screwed?
Well lets hope not.  Have them call the seller.  The longer they wait, the less chance of solving the problem.
Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 12:32:08 pm »
She called the owner... he swears that they didn't know it had a leak and he thinks the speaker was there and working cause he was using it.  He's wondering if it came loose during the move.  

Also, when she turns on the jets, there is only one speed.  He said that there should be 2 speeds (hi and lo).  Is it possible her husband ran the wiring wrong so only one speed is on?  Is it possible some thing came loose in transit.  She does see one hose not hooked to anything and no obvious place to hook it.

Do you have any clue where to start?  

OC_Spas

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:05 pm »
"She does see one hose not hooked to anything and no obvious place to hook it.

That is most likely the source of air that can be drawn into the jets. It appears as an unattached hose.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 02:39:17 pm »
If there is in fact a leak and the owners knew about it and did not disclose it they have some liable issues even though the tub was sold as is (puddle from the rain?).

Have them contact the owners and ask for a way to "work together to fix this".  Maybe split the charge for a tech to come out and find out exactly what the problem is? Take it step by step and get a full assessment before making any hasty decisions.

If they get no resolution I would seriously consider taking them to small claims court. Unfortunatley that does not get the tub working.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 10:06:24 pm »
Depending on the number of jets, there may be 2 hoses not hooked up - they are for the air to the jets.

As far as a 2 speed motor, if the unit has a circ pump, only one speed will work. If no circ pump then that also is a problem.

The leak(s) and the speaker should be easy fixes that can be taken care of. The neck jet  and speakers are up high and probably the speakers are accessed from inside the spa. If I remember correctly the speakers are mounted on the neck collar acrylic.

Maybe have your friend contact Artesian and explain what happened and they can help with locating a good dealer.

But your friend should be ready to assert their legal rights - if any. Assuming that this was not working properly, the sellers should assume some or all the responsibility.  

Is there anything that could remotely point to the movers? Not blaming them but the seller might.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 10:14:47 pm »

Remove the tub side panels, take digital pictures of everything and post to this board. Without seeing what's wrong, it's very hard to give advice...

Drewski

:-/
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:46:16 pm »

Also, when she turns on the jets, there is only one speed.  He said that there should be 2 speeds (hi and lo).  Is it possible her husband ran the wiring wrong so only one speed is on?  Is it possible some thing came loose in transit.  She does see one hose not hooked to anything and no obvious place to hook it.

Brand of equipment would be nice to know.  If it is Gecko equipment, the 3 dots are indicating a hi limit condition- thats why no low speed.  I know that they had a huge problem with these packs a few years ago.  Or it could be a problem on the circuit board that is not allowing the low speed to come on, then the 3 dots are indicating a flow problem.  If you turn the jets on high, do the 3 dots go away?  If so, spa should heat. First thing need to  know.
Hope this helps.

Brookenstein

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
This is what I have today...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »
I thought Artesians were full-foam spas? ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42