What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: getting very discouraged  (Read 7248 times)

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
getting very discouraged
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:45:41 pm »
i did my research and then started visiting local dealers of the hot tubs that i liked most...i narrowed it down to four...every single salesman spent more time knocking the competition then anything else...i am a realestate salesman...i've been in the business for 15 years..people will buy from you if they like you and trust you...this opinion is formed within the first 10 minutes of meeting someone.. i live on long island new york..are all the hot tub salesman this petty??

Hot Tub Forum

getting very discouraged
« on: May 25, 2006, 04:45:41 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: getting very discouraged
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:56:44 pm »
must be the ny attitude. Just kidding. You're right it's petty. You get NOWHERE knocking competitors. You lower yourself to their level. We do not tolerate behavior like that from any employee. Talk to a sales manager or owner of some of those dealerships, likely, they would not tolerate it either, if they knew.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:20:54 pm »
three out of the four said they were the owner...i'm going to visit a fifth one tomorrow....whats funny is that i'm reading all the posts about wet testing to make a good choice...forget it!! only one offered a wet test...one didn't even have the model that i was interested in on display, and the others were dry.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 05:46:42 pm »
"Hi. I'd like some information on your spas please. However, I do NOT want to hear anything about your competition. I'm more than happy to spend some of my valuable time listening to your sales pitch, but if you begin to mention or slam your competitors I'll leave............. would you like to talk to me?"

You'll probably need to turn and start walking toward the door at lease one time.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 05:50:52 pm »
Someone else from Long Island mentioned that none of the places they visited offered wet tests - odd.  I live Upstate/Western and everyone seems to.  No harm in asking though.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 05:51:15 pm »
They're all a bunch of petty goobers!

Call them on their BS, throw it back in their face.  I guarantee they will tuck their tails between their legs like the sorry dogs they are.

Good luck at the next place.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:52:13 pm »
..are all the hot tub salesman this petty??
Cal Spa salesmen are the worst.

Kidding...

Sorry you had that experience. You'll forget about the salesman as you soak in whatever spa you settle on.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:56:44 pm »
i've kind of make up my mind to go with the only dealer that offered a wet test...in fact he just gave a follow up phone call to see if i had any questions or concerns, and invited me back this weekend for the wet test....i said i will bring the beer!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 08:00:02 pm »
i've kind of make up my mind to go with the only dealer that offered a wet test...in fact he just gave a follow up phone call to see if i had any questions or concerns, and invited me back this weekend for the wet test....i said i will bring the beer!!

Your bringing the Beer... ;D....can I go with you..... ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 08:00:24 pm by Mendocino101 »

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:39:45 pm »
i will let you guys know by this weekend which hot tub it is...  this forum is a great source of info...thanks guys...alot of humor also

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:07 am »
Cappy,

Take the ferry and go visit SunWRight SPA's in East Hartford CT. I am just a consumer, no affiliation with the store. It's a road trip, even for me as I am in FFLD County but worth the trip. They carry both HotSPrings and Caldera. Had over 24 spas in the store and had 4 to wet test. They recommended wet testing as much as we needed and told us not to rush our decision as this was a big purchase. They are having a very large memorial day sale.

PM me if you like and I can tell you about some of the extra's they threw in and other dealers around here we visited.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 08:32:24 am »
Make sure you inquire about their service. ;)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 08:52:04 am »
I'd go with Dr. Spa's approach...tell that you've done plenty of research and are very well aware of what the othe manufacturers offer.  You'd like to hear what they have to offer....if they can't offer much perhaps there's little to offer.

Call them out.  Be honest with them and tell them you'd appreciate them talking only about their hot tubs.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

jamn

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 11:50:05 am »
Cappy2449 - I've been lurking here for quite a while and also live on LI. We recently purchased a Grandee (thanks to this site we felt comfortable with our level of knowledge) and the dealer has been great. Came through with all of their promises. I visited about 5 different dealers and only wet tested at 2 because I didn't like most of the dealers and they really didn't seem like they wanted people to wet test in their showrooms. We bought the Grandee because it met our needs and because the sales rep called to follow up, answered our questions, and just basically showed an interest in getting our business.

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:23 pm »
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. It just goes to show you that other dealers are jerks and can't be trusted!!! Don't even get me started on the inferior product they try to pass off as super high end. Just buy from me and you'll be O.K. ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42