What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Equal Time  (Read 5988 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Equal Time
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:52:25 am »
Well, we are all having fun with the Jacuzzi promotion. I thought it would be fair to mention that other companies are having promotions too.

Here's one, chosen at random of course  ;) :

http://www.calderaspas.com/30anniversary-promo.html
Hey, fair is fair, right?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:54:28 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Equal Time
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:52:25 am »

J._McD

Re: Equal Time
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:57:14 am »
Hey, fair is fair, right?

What would be fair is to NOT have Watkins Mfg., HS/CDera the only exclusive Hot Tub advertisers here on the forum. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:58:55 am by J._McD »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:12:58 am »
What would be fair is to NOT have Watkins Mfg., HS/CDera the only exclusive Hot Tub advertisers here on the forum. ;) ;D

Are other manufactuers restricted from advertising here?or is it because Watkins is the only company that has chosen to do so?
07 Caldera Geneva

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:13:59 am »
I wasn't going to reply to this, so the post would just fade away, but. Who cares? Let them spend their hundreds of millions of dollars on advertizing, all it does is drive people into all spa show rooms. They do sell a lot of spas because of it, but I'll bet I do to. Not every person that walks into a HS store falls for their propaganda, a lot of them fall for mine!

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:17:44 am »
I wasn't going to reply to this, so the post would just fade away, but. Who cares? Let them spend their hundreds of millions of dollars on advertizing, all it does is drive people into all spa show rooms. They do sell a lot of spas because of it, but I'll bet I do to. Not every person that walks into a HS store falls for their propaganda, a lot of them fall for mine!

I care.

This has been brought up before, and I  was given the impression this was an independent forum. I

f someone is going to make the accusastion that it's not, I think it should be answered directly.
07 Caldera Geneva

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:24:30 am »
Look to the left, there is a thermospas add right there. That should answer questions, maybe watkins has an exclusive on banner adds though.

I care.

This has been brought up before, and I  was given the impression this was an independent forum. I

f someone is going to make the accusastion that it's not, I think it should be answered directly.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:40:57 am »
I have been told by Watkins that this web site is open to anyone who wishes to advertise. I have heard from other sources that the ad rates are very steep.

To the best of my knowledge, and I have spoken to many folks about it, this web site is not owned/operated by Watkins. This is based on the info I have able to gather, but keep in mind that I am not a Watkins employee nor do I attend any meetings for marketing - nor am I an employee of 'What's the Best' or Burstnet.

The ads to the left are placed by Yahoo - and they rotate according to the content of the page. But that means that Yahoo is also an advertiser here, they pay a click-through fee for every ad placed there.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 11:41:30 am »

So ask your tub maker to advertise here. The more the merrier.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 12:04:25 pm »
I have been told by Watkins that this web site is open to anyone who wishes to advertise. I have heard from other sources that the ad rates are very steep.

To the best of my knowledge, and I have spoken to many folks about it, this web site is not owned/operated by Watkins. This is based on the info I have able to gather, but keep in mind that I am not a Watkins employee nor do I attend any meetings for marketing - nor am I an employee of 'What's the Best' or Burstnet.

The ads to the left are placed by Yahoo - and they rotate according to the content of the page. But that means that Yahoo is also an advertiser here, they pay a click-through fee for every ad placed there.

that was my understanding as well.

I get a little peeved when folks claim that the site is just a front for watkins. It attacks the crediability of the info here and the integrity of the posters.  I can honestly say I really enjoy the comunity here, as well as all the people who contribute authenticly (even te ones I argue with).  :)  I think J_McD was just pulling our legs, but every once and a while some fruitloop (not you J) comes in and claims we are all working for Watkins.

I wish.

I'd have a bigger tub. ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:08:09 pm »
With all due respect to this forum and to the concept of freedom in this country, I did make inquiries to this forum as a person who sits on the national board of directors of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals.  

My approach was in the interest of representing a link to a national non-profit organization and its members that I thought would or could represent a benefit to consumers on this open to the public forum, even if that required paying advertisng fees.  The inquiry did not receive a response of interest, much less a schedule of rates for consideration.  

I did interpret that as a closed forum without the capitalist interest to securing additional advertising revenue in spite of only one single advertiser on this forum.

I trust I will not have my hand slapped for this honest response.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 02:09:37 pm by J._McD »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:36:52 pm »
With all due respect to this forum...I did interpret that as a closed forum....
Help me out here: are you saying they told you this was Watkins' private label or are you saying that they didn't return your call so you came to a conclusion?

???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 02:53:27 pm »

I care.

Email admin@whatsthebest-hottub.com  and let us know what you find out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 02:55:48 pm »
.  The inquiry did not receive a response of interest, much less a schedule of rates for consideration.  

I did interpret that as a closed forum without the capitalist interest to securing additional advertising revenue in spite of only one single advertiser on this forum.

I trust I will not have my hand slapped for this honest response.

You did email the admin didn't you. I hope you went further than my "Duhh, I'dunno."

I'd say, "I just work here", but that implies pay.   I just hang out here and try to act important and pee off the least amount of poeple possible.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 02:56:41 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 04:20:47 pm »
I came on this thread thinking Chas was also looking for as salesperson. I figured I could get him and sandiego to get into a bidding war for me ... !!! ;D

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 11:59:11 pm »
With all due respect to this forum and to the concept of freedom in this country, I did make inquiries to this forum as a person who sits on the national board of directors of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals.

Oh my, that gives instant credibility.

The only board I sit on is the one next to my tub that also holds my Corona....  :P

I'm thinking I hear the tuba playing....

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 11:59:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42