What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 -- need to smuggle??  (Read 5030 times)

In Canada eh

N2 -- need to smuggle??
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »
From reading the posts on this forum, we decided we wanted to try N2 in our hot tub -- problem is we can't get it -- apparently N2 cannot be sold in Canada?  

I've tried to research why & conclude its just not an allowed substance in this country?  I'm wondering what would happen at customs if we bought it across the river in Detroit Michigan and tried to bring it over ourselves?
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

N2 -- need to smuggle??
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: N2 -- need to smuggle??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 02:39:35 pm »
I belive Nature 2 only works with dichlor, not bromine.  It's my understandng that dichlor is not available in Canada. ?

So it's a non issue.

Crazy Canadian laws. You can get 10% beer, but not dichlor?

/count your blessings, I personaly don't belive N2 is worth it (cost of cartirdge vs chem savings, and I don't think it works).
07 Caldera Geneva

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:55:43 pm »
thanks for the opinion.

Actually, we are using dichlor (yes we have it here!) and have an ozonator.  N2 for pools is sold over here -- but not for spas.  weird  

Aside from Dichlor, and whatever those additives are for maintaining PH & Alkalinity, is there anything else we should be using?

Bullfrog 451

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
I dunno if N2 works or not but it seems to be helping in my spa.  Certainly during periods of low use it seemed to help but maybe it was just the ozone. Was gone for a week recently so the tub got no chemicals added. Has ozone hooked to a 24/7 circ pump and an N2 stick in the filter for the circ pump.

When I returned home a week later the tub looked no worse for wear. Nice clean water with no odor or build up present. Continued to use it on my return with the usual dichlor after use and it continues to do well with it still running on its first waterfill from 2 months ago.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 03:05:30 pm »
I believe these guys will ship to Canada

https://www.poolsplusinc.com/acatalog/home.html
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 03:13:57 pm »
I ship Nature2 to Canada almost daily.

My understanding is that it's not "approved" for use in spas in Canada, and therefore not available there.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 05:16:47 pm »
Now that we know the port of entry, bot, the Ambassador Bridge and the tunnel have beefed up the customs screening to high alert and are specifically on the look out for someone who looks like you.  Worst case scenario, you can always plead ignorance, Good luck.

You might have Doc ship it via the USPS and let it be their fault.  Doc has a special method to bypass the N2 radar detection, he wraps it in tin foil. ;) ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
What does Ambien cost you?  I buy N2 cartridges off Ebay at around $15 each. Maybe we can meet at a Tigers/Indians game. I may be at the falls in Sept. :)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:53:31 pm »
Oh great, now we've got 2 bridges to watch. ;)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 11:20:02 am »
You bring me a years supply of Cozar 100mg (blood pressure meds.) and I'll supply you with a years of dichlor and N2!

From reading the posts on this forum, we decided we wanted to try N2 in our hot tub -- problem is we can't get it -- apparently N2 cannot be sold in Canada?  

I've tried to research why & conclude its just not an allowed substance in this country?  I'm wondering what would happen at customs if we bought it across the river in Detroit Michigan and tried to bring it over ourselves?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 11:20:34 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wetone

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 12:18:47 pm »
I ship Nature2 to Canada almost daily.

My understanding is that it's not "approved" for use in spas in Canada, and therefore not available there.

We sold them through our store in London till mid last year when we got told buy some goverment guy to stop... had alot of our customers using it and like it. We simply gave all those customers Docs web site and they get there N2 shipped from him no problems.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 02:38:15 pm »
N2 does work.  Lowers ppm necessary to kill bacteria. However, having used both N2 & Frog, I prefer the Frog which is compatible with chlorine or bromine (suggest granular).  I found out that the Frog silver releases as an ion vs. N2 has to be shocked in order for the larger particle to be useable.  Therefore if you don't keep MPS levels consistent before or after each spa use it doesn't work as effectively as it should.  The Spa Frog silver will release into the system and help control bacteria without any assistance.  Plus bromine works better in hot water and verying pH ranges better than chlorine.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 02:49:29 pm »
In my less than scientific study I just finished a little more than 3 months of use since the last refill.  I had been trying to use about 10-30% less Dichlor this last time. (I just dump it in, so that is real sugestive.  The water still looked great after 3.5 months.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:10 pm »
Thanks for all the helpful information ... can't help but notice though that this hot tub forum has quickly turned into a drug trafficing outlet.   There seems to be a common element or rather habit amongst people who lay back gazing at stars at night.   Now who's gonna supply the munchies?
Bullfrog 451

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 10:47:09 am »
Only low sodium munchies from me, remember 100mg Cozar, high blood pressure...now how do we get together on this? What's it gonna take to put me in a year supply of cozar? HMMM?

Thanks for all the helpful information ... can't help but notice though that this hot tub forum has quickly turned into a drug trafficing outlet.   There seems to be a common element or rather habit amongst people who lay back gazing at stars at night.   Now who's gonna supply the munchies?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:49:14 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 10:47:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42