What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 10008 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help Please
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 09:07:52 am »
Hey jalc!

I'm an ex-New Yorker and now live in Jersey. Maybe there's no dealers in the Bronx but try Westchester or Northern Jersey. Most dealers will deliver in a certain radius. Try to call the dealer and see if they will deliver and service to you before you make the trip. If it don't work - bribe them with Yankees tickets -LOL!! ;)

If you can't find a dealer in the locator (almost every manufacturer that anne listed has an easy to use locator) go to the United States Post Office site and they have a zip code finder - put some nieghboring areas into the the locators and something may pop up.

There are a lot of brands represented here and we all have good and possibly bad things to say about our own tubs. Good luck in your search and don't be afraid to ask us questions.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 09:07:52 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 11:38:21 am »
Hey jalc!

bribe them with Yankees tickets -LOL!! ;)

I would consider that a threat, not a bribe!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »

I would consider that a threat, not a bribe!

The Yankees are just a team like all the others just with a lot more history associated with their name.

There's a saying about people will forget about you when they stop talking about you ... the Yankees probably will never be forgotten! ;D Hey did Columbus ever have a team ... I forget!! ;)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 04:21:18 pm »
Hi jalc,

I bought my spa for arthritis (ankles, knees, hips, back, hands).  After wet testing I settled on a Jacuzzi J-385 based on fit and results.  Later I learned that Jacuzzi has some kind of patent of their jets and they are the most widely used in hospitals and other therapy uses.  I don't know how true that is, but some of the other brand dealers here will be sure to throw a fit over it.

LoL....now I have to say I am not sure if this qualifies as a fit ..... ::).....Every major maker has a patent on some of their jets....I think what might be a tad twisting of things is that with the Jacuzzi and whats used in Hospitals and the like are their "jetted bath tubs" or special commercial whirl pool type spas.....It is not the same thing as what people have in their homes.....The homes are actually probably better..As most hospitals and rehab centers use whirlpool or passive therapy as thats what is most commonly used...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 04:35:17 pm »

The Yankees are just a team like all the others just with a lot more ;)

The Yankess have a lot more something, and history isn't fhe first on the list. Yea, we have a baseball team in Columbus, its one of the best AAA teams in baseball because the parent team never uses them. We do get to see an occasional player from the mother team when ever they come off detox.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 04:39:08 pm »

LoL....now I have to say I am not sure if this qualifies as a fit ..... ::).....Every major maker has a patent on some of their jets....I think what might be a tad twisting of things is that with the Jacuzzi and whats used in Hospitals and the like are their "jetted bath tubs" or special commercial whirl pool type spas.....It is not the same thing as what people have in their homes.....The homes are actually probably better..As most hospitals and rehab centers use whirlpool or passive therapy as thats what is most commonly used...

gotta agree with that. I've never seen a portable spa in a hospital have you?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 05:06:01 pm »

gotta agree with that. I've never seen a portable spa in a hospital have you?

No....Whirlpool therapy is what is most commonly used for rehab while home therapy is direct muscle therapy...

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
Hello, I  am looking to buy a spa/hot tub but my head is spinning from all the options. First off this is for health benefits, I have had major surgery on my spine L5/S1. I also want good leg therapy. I was all set to buy a Concord from thermospa but $13000 was a little steep. I also looked at the caparet from vita spas but again $11500 is a lot of money. I found a couple of nice loungers at overstock that looked pretty good and the price is right ($7000 - $8000) but I am not familiar with the company, Riptide Leisure. The models were The Abyss and Tydal Wave. I hope I can get some good ideas from the people on this board. I am looking to stay under $10000. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Staying under $10,000 shouldn't be all that difficult.  From what I've seen from folks around here, very few people have paid more than $10,000 for their tub.

Since you're main concern is therapy, you'll definitely want to wet test a few.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 01:11:46 pm »
The jacuzzi hospital story was a lie but still a good spa.

In Canada eh

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 01:18:32 pm »
My husband too has back problems -- L4/L5/S1 -- no surgery (yet).  We've had our hot tub for only 1 week now but so far we are thrilled with it.  Purchased the Bullfrog 451 -- you can purchase the jetpak that works best for your own needs.  My husband finds that the Gyro'Sage and the Alee V get right down low on his back.  I like the Mini Neckblaster best as it works on neck, shoulders & shoulder blades where I carry on my stress.  List price on our tub was $6,995 Cdn

Don't know how close this address would be to you, but I did find this Bullfrog dealer:

Power Pool Care Inc.
(631) 979-7665
425 North Country Rd, St. James , NY 11780

www.bullfrogspas.com

Good Luck.

PS:  How bad was the surgery?  How much better does it feel now?  What are your restrictions?
Bullfrog 451

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 03:30:33 pm »
I found a couple of nice loungers at overstock that looked pretty good and the price is right ($7000 - $8000) but I am not familiar with the company, Riptide Leisure. The models were The Abyss and Tydal Wave. I hope I can get some good ideas from the people on this board. I am looking to stay under $10000. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jalc,

Just to let you know. Riptide leisure tubs are made by Clearwater spas.

I bought my tub through Overstock and have had little to no problems. the one thing you have to really think about is if you want your dealer to fix what breaks. you are on your own, unless you can get them to fly out from out west.

Good luck with what ever tub you buy.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 10:53:01 am »
Uh, Yeah! Replace "history" with money.

The Yankees are just a team like all the others just with a lot more history associated with their name.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 10:54:11 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 11:05:58 am »
So, you have evidence of this? Because I have evidence to the contrary of what you say. I, in 15 years of selling the product have never used the info to sell them, but it is there. I guess it's kind of like being a sponsor for the Arthritis Foundation or the American Institute of Stress, or the blah blah blah......

The jacuzzi hospital story was a lie but still a good spa.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 12:15:53 pm »
Uh, Yeah! Replace "history" with money.

The Yankees being in NYC have the money to buy a team just like Boston does. People who live around NYC are able to afford tickets and such at a much higher cost than a lot of this country. A peson who works there usually makes more money than 99% of the rest of the country. Parts of California and around Boston (I think) make more than New Yorkers.

Consider housing ... a cape cod in one of the boroughs of NYC probably goes for $800,000 or so. Here in central Jersey, it'll go for about $300,000 and in middle of the country maybe $150,000. I went online and saw that in Charlette a 2500 Sq ft house goes for $175,000 ... you don't want to know what that would go for in NYC!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 12:24:23 pm »
So, you have evidence of this? Because I have evidence to the contrary of what you say. I, in 15 years of selling the product have never used the info to sell them, but it is there. I guess it's kind of like being a sponsor for the Arthritis Foundation or the American Institute of Stress, or the blah blah blah......

I have a question are you saying the Jacuzzi corporation or the Jacuzzi premium spas that are used in the home....I do not doubt that the Jacuzzi brand may be most widely used ...I do not think it is the home units however.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 12:24:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42