What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 10009 times)

jalc

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Help Please
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:08:20 pm »
Hello, I  am looking to buy a spa/hot tub but my head is spinning from all the options. First off this is for health benefits, I have had major surgery on my spine L5/S1. I also want good leg therapy. I was all set to buy a Concord from thermospa but $13000 was a little steep. I also looked at the caparet from vita spas but again $11500 is a lot of money. I found a couple of nice loungers at overstock that looked pretty good and the price is right ($7000 - $8000) but I am not familiar with the company, Riptide Leisure. The models were The Abyss and Tydal Wave. I hope I can get some good ideas from the people on this board. I am looking to stay under $10000. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Help Please
« on: May 20, 2006, 08:08:20 pm »

Anoroc

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:24:28 pm »
Stick around and you will get some answers.  I am waiting for a hot spring vanguard to be delivered.

I would stay away from places like overstock.  In your price range there are some goods spas out there.

Some brands are Sundance, Hotsprings, Marquis, and others on this board can give you informaton on Dynasty, LA spas Jacuzzi and the like.

One thing most everyone will tell you is to wet test as many spas as you can.  This is the only way to know if it is a good fit for you.

I am not a dealer just a consumber so I can't give you specifics but others will.

anne

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:27:43 pm »
What he said. In that price range, you can get a high quality unit from a reputable source. Good luck! And definitely wet test, especially since you know you have specific therapeutic requirements of whatever you buy.  
Dance like nobody's watching

96SC

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:34:57 pm »
I am not a dealer either, but I agree with Anoroc.  You will get pleanty of great information and advice from everyone in here.  (I've only been part of this forum for about a week)
I too am looking for a spa and the mantra  'do a wet test' will be repeated several times.
Happy searching and soaking.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 08:51:24 pm »
There are many many good choices.  Visit every local dealer and get a feel for what you think you want.  Wet test as many as you can.  Many people skip this part but the way a spa feels dry is not the same as when it is filled.  Especially with a medical condition.  Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 09:48:43 pm »
Like before, you should be able to find several spas that fall in the price range you are looking for.  Take your time while shopping and take good notes.  Also you should be able to deduct a portion of your cost off your taxes.

Happy Spa Hunting

r100rs

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 09:51:17 pm »
Okay, I'll give you a specific recommendation.  I have a Hot Spring and love it.  However, with your back condition, I would have to say a Caldera spa is a great choice.  

Of all the spas with loungers, Caldera seemed to me to be the most comfortable.  I just did not want a lounger and my wife is too short to really enjoy them, so we went with the Hot Spring Vanguard.

Try out the Geneva and Tahitian from Caldera.  They have a new one called the Moreea (not sure if I'm spelling it right) that is cheaper and looks really nice.

The best thing to do is as has been said, wet test, wet test, wet test.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

jalc

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 10:30:37 pm »
Thank you for all your help so quickly. I like the caldera but how do you get an idea of the pricing, most of the sights don't give dollar amounts. Does anyone have any information about the company Riptide Leisure?

Thank You Again.

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 10:44:12 pm »
jlac, I find it hard to believe that you live in a city or area with NO local dealers that you must resort to Infomercials and the internet for your resources.  What geogrophy do you live in.

What spas are offered locally?  If you were in my geographic zone, I have at least 16 choice that you can sit in and wet test.  They are nationally known manufacturers and the factory warranty is fully supported by my dealership that has been in business for over 22 years now.

We need to get you some help.  Where are you located?

jalc

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 11:03:27 pm »
I have been to a  couple of places but none with hot tubs ready to try1 only had vita spas and were dry, I am going to 1 that has caldera on Sunday. I live in Bronx, NY. I have checked the yellow pages and there are not  many within the area. I am definately happy to have come across this site.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 11:47:16 pm »
go to hotspring.com, dealer locator, type in your zip, ----------bam.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 01:50:38 am »
jalc,

I have a caldera tahitian and love it.  the lounger feels great on theback and feet.  and I think that and the ecta seat will work nicely for your L5/S1 problem and has some nice calf jets as well.  But as everyone says wet test as many as possible.  good luck with the hunt.

anne

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 05:07:48 am »
Every now and then someone on this forum lists the big "5 to 10" spa makers, and there has to be at least a few of them in your area. Off the top of my head, in alphabetical order, at 2 am so I'm not accountable for forgetting:

Arctic (maybe not one of the biggies, but I have one)
Artesian
Bullfrog
Caldera
Coleman
Dimension 1
HotSpring (+ Tiger River)
Hydropool
Jacuzzi
LA spa
Marqui
Sundance

These, to me, are the names that come up the most here, none are "box store" or internet companies, and all probably have owners here who visit frequently enough to give you their $0.02. I love my tub for its lower back therapy, and so does my boyfriend with an old L6 compression fracture. See who is is your area, and set up some wet tests!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:11:13 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 07:36:28 am »
Welcome to the forum, jalc.

You need to forget all of the options and look for a tub that fits your body shape and will give you therapy in the desired places.  I looked at all of the tubs recommended here and it only came down to one that met those requirements for me.

My main priority was lower back and leg therapy.  I had numbness in my legs and since I've been using the tub, I can declare myself 100% cured.

Good luck in your search.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 08:07:03 am »
Hi jalc,

I bought my spa for arthritis (ankles, knees, hips, back, hands).  After wet testing I settled on a Jacuzzi J-385 based on fit and results.  Later I learned that Jacuzzi has some kind of patent of their jets and they are the most widely used in hospitals and other therapy uses.  I don't know how true that is, but some of the other brand dealers here will be sure to throw a fit over it.

The best thing you can do is wet test as many as you can to see what works for you.  In the end all the hype and sales pitches won't mean squat if it the spa doesn't do what you want it to do.  Now that I am past the Operator Errors, I am very happy with my Jacuzzi.  ($8,000 in 10/05 installed in 12/05).
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 08:07:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42