What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What the heck invaded my husband?  (Read 2766 times)

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
What the heck invaded my husband?
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:34:48 am »
 :) As many of you know we are in the market for a hot tub, new buyers never owned them. All of you have been a tremendous help. I thought we were in the $5k price range. Well, yesterday we visited a very large Hot SPring/Caldera dealer in my state. I have been doing most of the research and also looked at the Artesian as recommended here. We walked into the store and started speaking with the owner. The kids and I were looking and sitting in all the different models in our price range. The store have 24+ tubs in the storefront and have wet test available for most. The next thing I know my husband is at the Geneva loving it. I then hear him say he does not want to go entry level and if we are going to buy a tub he wants it to last, he is not looking for an upgrade in a few years!!!

To say I was flabergasted is an understatement. I think I am still in shock. Now I feel I am back to the start. Does anyone have any feedback on the Geneva or the Moorea? Is Caldera a good line?

ALso, dealer is having a huge memorial sale. I am told they are one of the largest dealers in the state of CT. They quoted in writing:

Moorea $6999.00 + tax, spa glow lights extra
Tahitian $7599.00 + tax
Geneva $7899.00 + tax
all include delivery, setup, installed cover lifter, steps.

Hot Tub Forum

What the heck invaded my husband?
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:34:48 am »

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
Re: What the heck invaded my husband?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:24:33 am »
We love our Geneva, and that pricing is outstanding, but I would caution you to wet test the Geneva and other leading brands to make sure you will be comfortable in your decision for years to come.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:37:14 am »
$7899 is a great price for  Geneva, I am having a sale this weekend and we are selling them for $8495.

The Geneva is a great tub, I would say that it's one of the best if not the best performing tub on the market. The Hot Tub Circuit Therapy is great, but for you, the foot ridge will really make a difference.

The Moorea is also a good performing tub, but for the price you're being quoted for the Geneva I would say go for it. If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:54 am »
I've heard real good things about Caldera Spas.  I would think it would make most anybody's short list of reputable manufacturers.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:02:55 am »
It's funny because I pestered my husband for almost 3 years to look into a hot tub ...he was never really interested. when I finally convinced him it would be a great help for me with arthritis, he still kind of put me off. Finally....I got him to look seriously and we went from a $6,000 budget (that we were going to stick to no matter what)  to almost 10,000 in a flash..All he had to do was wet test and see the difference in tubs and the cost went from being a priority to being not so important after all.... ;). I can honestly say this is the one item that I far exceeded my budget  buying that I have not had one second of buyer remorse for. I think if you are going to get a spa, you need to look at the long term and pay now for a reliable brand and a model that fits your family....you won't be sorry!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:03:51 am »
To answer your question, your husband was bitten by the same bug we all were bitten by...the SPA BUG!

For my family, it was on a spring skiing trip to Park City, Utah.  The condo we rented had a 6 person something or another on the deck outside that overlooked the mountains.  It was AWESOME and it has been on our minds since until this April.  Then it was in our yard!  

Why ask why?   ;)
Better than I deserve...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 11:05:39 am »
:) To say I was flabergasted is an understatement. I think I am still in shock. Now I feel I am back to the start.

I'm not surprised at all. People go into their spa search with a "spa budget" that is based on their personal finances without too much regard to what the market has to offer. Then when they get out there they see what spas cost and often reassess the situation to account for what the market has to offer at what prices and at what quality. I'm not saying everyone should get smart and get a top of the line premium spa but this pruchase has to last you 10+yrs and it's common for poeple to decide to "up" the budget to truly treat themselves when they get a better feel for where your dollar goes in the spa market. Look for quality first and foremost and you'll enjoy it for years.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 01:14:16 pm »
The Caldera spas are great spas.  They are made by a great company and are very high performing spas.  I agree with SanDiego, at the prices quoted, go with the Geneva.  It is a great spa.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

anne

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 02:18:29 pm »
Yep, the Spa Bug. Spatech put it really well. I think most of us just dont know the range of quality and the range of prices out there until after we start researching, but most of us have a price in our heads that we think our budget can handle before we ever head out there to shop. When it becomes clear that our initial idea of what we could spend on a tub is NOT going to provide us with a quality unit to last 15+ years, it makes sense to spend more and do it right the first time. I spent twice what I thought I would, and do not regret it even a little.  Happy shopping!
Dance like nobody's watching

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 05:19:17 pm »
Just by chance, was he offered any kool aide to drink while he was there, "just looking". ;) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 05:19:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42