What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Forgive me if we have covered this!  (Read 5764 times)

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
Forgive me if we have covered this!
« on: May 20, 2006, 07:45:26 pm »
Have we discussed this? I been gone alot!

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/special/story_2411.asp9

The video seems to depict a no more rebate world. :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 08:06:54 pm by wmccall »
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

Forgive me if we have covered this!
« on: May 20, 2006, 07:45:26 pm »

Anoroc

Re: Forgive me if we have covered this!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 08:20:22 pm »
The link is not working!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:26:16 pm »
Where have you been Spaman?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

spaman-

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
The link is not working!

I googled "Master Spa Scams" and it appeared you can find it that way not sure why the link dont work. ???
-SpaMan~

spaman-

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 09:05:05 pm »
Where have you been Spaman?

Gombo, I have taken a position that has taken me out of the showroom for the most part , after 12 years sure has been a nice change , am still with the same company just in a different role. I always promise myself I am going to make time to come on and see whats going on here but as busy as I have been its been next to impossible. I do enjoy the reads when I do have time tho. I know you all are wondering about our special friend and the outcome of things , wish I knew myself. Tho it seems alot of changes in his neck of the woods have taken place in the last 6 months , and I am not talkin about enpansions. ;)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:10:12 pm by spaman.com »
-SpaMan~

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11:28 pm »
Wow. This scam just will not go away.

:-/
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman-

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 09:14:36 pm »
Wow. This scam just will not go away.

:-/

I believe it will now as the company they were using has filed bankruptcy, the key is to find out if they are still offering the scam OOPS I mean the "rebate" ;)
-SpaMan~

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 10:56:41 pm »
This black cloud has hung over us here in the midwest for over 5 years and it was truely a shame to see all the lambs following the pied piper over the cliff into the abyss as they truely thought they were going to get thousands of dollars back.

Fools, everyone of them, and they were told that to their faces when they were doing it by over 12 different dealers in the area, but they were all convinced that they were going to get their money back.  The more we tried to convince them, the more they believed it to be true and us to be sore loosers because we did not get their business.

And some talk about the crap we put out.  If they only knew the truth and how most of us try to help.
::) :P

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 01:04:27 am »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 08:31:09 am »
Have we discussed this? I been gone alot!
http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/special/story_2411.asp9
The video seems to depict a no more rebate world. :D

It is a sad thing, but if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is a scam.  Think about it for a minute.  $8,000 rebate on a $9,600 spa after 3 years.  Why would any company do that and how could they stay in business?  Imagine how much they can collect in 3 years before the 1st pay out is due!  That off shore bank account must be incredible.

But it seems to me that Master Spa is always embroiled in some kind of shady deal of another.  That ought to tell you something.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

J._McD

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 09:56:17 am »
It is a sad thing, but if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is a scam.  Think about it for a minute.  $8,000 rebate on a $9,600 spa after 3 years.  Why would any company do that and how could they stay in business?  Imagine how much they can collect in 3 years before the 1st pay out is due!  That off shore bank account must be incredible.

But it seems to me that Master Spa is always embroiled in some kind of shady deal of another.  That ought to tell you something.

We pleaded with people to do the math, they were convicned it was other peoples money that fell short of doing what they had to do.  The offshore account, $24,000,000 and Master Spas has nothing to do with it other than pumping it up.  It Belongs to consumers Trust, who provided the gulible tool in which merchants sold a wide variety of goods at overinflated profits with a promise of a rebate.  

Our SD rep wanted us to get into the program because it was working for everybody else.  We were disgusted with the thought.  We don have that rep any more.  Their only motivation was increasing sales and market share.  He once told me to my face, "I would drop your dealership in a heartbeat for a larger market share".  I replied to him, well then ethics, honesty, character, and customer care must rate lower in your books and the corporate philosophy".  He simply said "that has nothing to do with it".

It is all about numbers, sales, marketing and money.  Then you take a single person who doesn't even know you, go off on you as if you are a profiteer.  

Our customer comes first in my business.  As for the "Trust", now there is an oxymoron, and the scam, the industry bears the burden of living that negative image down. :P

spaman-

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 03:34:50 pm »
Do any of you know "Craig The Spa Man"?

http://www.todaystmj4.com/_content/news/special/story_2411.asp

Nah hes just a phoney imposter!  8)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:47:35 pm by spaman.com »
-SpaMan~

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 03:57:32 pm »
Funny thing is that one of my dealers was contemplating going with this program last year and I talked him out of it.

There's a clear formula for retail success and this scam isn't part of that. The problem is these dealers can't understand why traffic is slow and sales are down. In fact, they don't advertise consistently, have don't have a clear pricing strategy, they don't have an excellent staff that are completely trained and professional, and their showroom isn't set up to sell properly.

These dealers get lazy and rely on a "quick fix" when in fact they are choosing a fatal strategy that lends itself to a poor reputation as Master has found out.

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 06:05:04 pm »
Pyramid schemes ALWAYS fall apart.  They have to.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:04 pm »

Exactly! I'm suprised if MS is guilt free they aren't taking a more proactive role in stopping this scheme. I know here in Columbus, if you were to interview people who didn't own hot tubs, but might consider buying one they would name two long time dealers as the first place they would look, and I wouldn't be suprised if they mentioned our long time Master Spa dealer first because of thier local recognizability with their pink delivery trucks. And they have been in business a long time. When I was buying, I stopped in because of my friend's good experience with his LX1050 a year before.  I never had a bad thought about MS until last year's " Home improvement show".  I haven't been back to talk to the local dealer since then, I don't know how much if any he was involved with that show.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 06:26:33 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 06:25:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42