What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sore muscles and hottub therapy  (Read 8708 times)

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sore muscles and hottub therapy
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 04:35:45 pm »
Don't underestimate the power of the spa to help those bruises.  With all the muscles relaxed, circulation is better and when circulation is better, bruises heal faster.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 04:35:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:31 pm »

Still trying to figure out how to take this one Bill,lol

I tend to think must faster than I type.  The corrected version is there now. It still could be taken dirty, if you want to, but its clearer now.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 05:06:27 pm »
I thought the other version was better!!!lol

anne

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 05:27:44 pm »
Agreed, hot water and jet therapy is SOOOOO rewarding after exercise. I do latin/ballroom/swing dancing and it is really a whole bodywork out, even if it sounds "sissy" to some. For anyone looking for a social and athletic activity, I know a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight just starting social dance, not even performace/competition stuff like I'm into. Great way to meet people, or spend time with your significant other. :)
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 05:28:19 pm »
http://www.andreabocelli.com/2006/bio.htm
This guy has the most phenominal voice I have ever heard.

His name is Andrea and he's a guy?!!

Crikey!

Slim Whitman is the master of soothing music.  He and Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute.  No others come close.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 05:38:50 pm »
We sparred full contact with limited power and there were many nights that I was achy.

I go to fight class Mondays and Thursdays (my brother teaches it) and we beat the crap out of each other with hands, feet, sticks, and training knives.  It is serious dirty fighting, no katas, forms, bowing, chanting, or "sport" rules.

I'm getting too old for this stuff, but I truly do enjoy it.  I ESPECIALLY enjoy getting in the spa afterwards as there is nothing else in the world that will help you feel better after getting thumped awhile.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 09:39:32 pm »
...Neither of my injuries could have been helped by my tub ... I couldn't have held my breath long enough for the water to heal.

I'm pretty fortunate. No major injuries. In fact, I'm amazed how safe it is in our class compared to other athletic activities. I practice a Japanese style of karate derived from Kyokushinkai and it's intense a good deal of the time. Safety is emphasized at all times, of course and we do a lot of warmup activities to avoid pulling muscles, etc.
I've been at it since the beginning of 2002 and wish I started it 30 years ago. Before that, I was a safe proclaimed couch potato. I have to admit at my age (52), it is frustrating that any improvement I gain is minimal but hey, I'm enjoying myself, I'm staying active for the first time in my life and I get to train with a great group of people. I refer to them as my karate family.
Just to keep this hot tub related, I even invite them to use my tub after their tests or an especially gruelling class! ;D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:47:27 pm »
Although I learned Katas and it was a more traditional martial art, we did a heck of a lot of fighting. I never got to the point of weapons which would have happened at my next rank. No, we didn't use them on ourselves but learned Kata using them. I was going to study escrima sticks then bo staff the following rank.

I've never been in a real fight but we trained somewhat realisticly One of the things that I was able to do towards the end is control the amount of energy expended and go with the punches/kicks. It is amazing how tired one becomes flailing about with arms and legs and not do damage.

The problem comes when you get hurt, I was hurt twice and I saw others get hurt. Since it wasn't my dream to be a Kung Fu Master ( I wanted to play and be a big kid) I figured it was time to quit.

But man, I wish I had the tub back then ...

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 10:14:42 pm »
Cold, damp days were the catalyst for my hot tub purchase. In '98 had a lady try to "beat me" thru an intersection when running lights & siren (we tied). Broke 3 ribs, collar bone, pelvis in three places and got a ride in a helicopter. The hot tub is the best medicine in the world that I've found.

I can say two things that are fact for me:
1. I'll never be without a hot tub
2. If anyone goes to put another chest tube in me they'd better have taken my gun, knives and backup gun from me first.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 09:02:07 am »
The friend who really encouraged us to get a tub was (still is, on occasion) a Motocross racer. He has had many accidents and many broken bones. He swears that the hot tub is what allows him to function. He has a landscaping and hardscaping business and for all that he has been through, he does exceptionally well....he says because he soaks faithfully every morning and every night! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

gw

• sundance cameo owner
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 12:38:05 pm »
wife and i joined a gym in september after we quit smoking.  between those workouts, running, yard work and golf, the hot tub is welcome relief.

i started out liking the 96-98 degree water, but i can't wait to get in the 101 tonight.

after a long day, it is the happy hour i look forward to.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 01:56:43 am »
Hi Spahappy
Glad to hear you are keeping in shape
Regards, Zz

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 03:41:05 am »
I have used my spa (whichever one I had at the time) regularly for the past 20 years.   I competed in Judo Tournaments here and internationally for over 25 years.  I was last on the Olympic points roster a few years ago at age 37.  Now my body is paying the price.  Thank goodness for my Marquis Epic!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2006, 07:25:50 am »
Actually I use my spa on occasion before excercise.  On Curling nights, I soak before hand and it is much easier to stretch and loosen up.  And of course after 3-4 hours of being in 45 degree dry air, an after soak is required.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:35 am »
anyone ever try a cold dip after a hard workout ?  I think it was mentioned on this site about some the pro football teams having several tubs, some cool and some hot.  The closest i've done is, work out - pool 70*- hot tub 100 and back a forth several times.  My recovery time was much faster and muscles were less sore.  I also remember my basketball days and sprained ankles.  The trainer would always have me soak it in ice water followed by a hot soak and alternate several times.  I think in general the cold reduces the swelling and the bodys release fluids that cause swelling then the hot increases the blood flow to promote healing.  Some expert please chime in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42