What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sore muscles and hottub therapy  (Read 8709 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Sore muscles and hottub therapy
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:56:56 pm »
Well I joined a gym this week and started working out. I decided it was time to get serious about losing that baby weight,(my baby turns 16 in two weeks ::))

I'm sore in places I didn't know I had. My favorite time of the day is when I can finally get into my spa. I was so sore yesterday that I spent an hour in the spa with the jets on high the whole time. No doubt in my mind I would have bown this off after the first day of sore muscles if I didn't have my hottub to sit in everynight.

Hot Tub Forum

Sore muscles and hottub therapy
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:56:56 pm »

RPG

Re: Sore muscles and hottub therapy
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:07:45 pm »

The therapeutic benefits of hot water are truly amazing!

What type of workout regimen are you currently performing?  The reason I ask is that I have a sibling who is a personal trainer and the program they use is called Super Slow.  It is a resistance based workout that only requires two 20 minute sessions per week.  Many busy professionals find it to be the ideal way to accomplish their physical goals in a concise fashion.

If there is a Super Slow fitness center near you, I would sweetly suggest that you consider trying them. :)

It might also provide a networking opportunity for your company.

Pumped up wishes and buns of steel dreams....

The Spa Fairy

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:21:23 pm »
spahappy,
I hear you loud and clear! I practice karate about 3 times a week and my hot tub really helps those sore muscles. Doesn't do much though for the bruises I get after sparring! ;D
I made it a point to use the tub 2 or 3 times a day for a week after my last few karate tests (received my shodan last October) and it made a world of difference. My recovery time was shortened by at least half.  
Yes, soaking is good for you!

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

spahappy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:29:29 pm »
Thanks Spa Fairy, we don't have a Super Slow fitness center here just a regular gym.

I'm on the 5:30 AM, 5 days a week, Super Sore program with three of my best friends. Believe me there is networking going on, we sound like a gaggle of geese every morning.

It's been fun, we've decided that if one of us doesn't show up in the morning they have to pay $3.00 into a kitty. Thats a gallon of gas!!!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:31:38 pm »
After an intense windsurfing session, there's nothing better than a vigorous massage in hot water....except maybe a vigorous massage in hot water with a martini!  It really does make a big difference in recovery time....especially for us old farts.... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spahappy

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:36:30 pm »
After an intense windsurfing session, there's nothing better than a vigorous massage in hot water....except maybe a vigorous massage in hot water with a martini!  It really does make a big difference in recovery time....especially for us old farts.... 8)

Hmmm, wondering why I didn't think of the martini ???

It must be true exersize must really be good for you. I've forgotten to drink all week...lol

windsurfdog

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 03:44:34 pm »

Hmmm, wondering why I didn't think of the martini ???

It must be true exersize must really be good for you. I've forgotten to drink all week...lol

Being an old fart, I can forget a lot of stuff but NEVER forget a martini!  Maybe that's why I can't remember the rest..... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 03:53:48 pm »
Sore muscles from working out is one reason I like our tub and its open seating. It allows you to get the right spot against the places that need it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:45:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 04:03:07 pm »
Being an old fart, I can forget a lot of stuff but NEVER forget a martini!  Maybe that's why I can't remember the rest..... ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

spahappy

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 04:05:48 pm »
Sore muscles from working out is one reason I like our tub and its open seating. It allows you to get the rights right against the places that need it.

Still trying to figure out how to take this one Bill,lol

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:11:40 pm »
My kids are on a basketball kick, which figures since it is baseball season...Anyway, they have pestered my husband to death to play EVERY night.  I know it would be killing him if not for his nightly soak...and he readily admitted it. He prefers a glass of Merlot, while listening to Andrea Bocelli to really relax and relieve the pain in his tired old body!  ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 04:14:32 pm »
Who's Andrea Bocelli?  I thought he was a Formula 1 driver. ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

windsurfdog

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »
Who's Andrea Bocelli?  I thought he was a Formula 1 driver. ???

Terminator

Heck, I thought it was some kind of exotic pasta.....sure sounded good with merlot..... ::)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 04:28:38 pm »
http://www.andreabocelli.com/2006/bio.htm

This guy has the most phenominal voice I have ever heard.  Last Valentines day, the kids and I planned a special dinner for my hubby, prime rib and snow crab, candle light, a nice wine... He was so shocked when he walked in...but the real treat was yet to come because when we all went out into the hot tub after dinner, I had Andrea Bocelli's -  Amore album playing...That was the topper...If you really haven't experienced "him", give it a try...Especially wonderful after a good Italian meal, under a full moon  ;D
I guess you know you're getting old when you trade your rock in for classical music! (but only on weekdays!) ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:34:53 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:49 pm »
spahappy,
I hear you loud and clear! I practice karate about 3 times a week and my hot tub really helps those sore muscles. Doesn't do much though for the bruises I get after sparring! ;D
I made it a point to use the tub 2 or 3 times a day for a week after my last few karate tests (received my shodan last October) and it made a world of difference. My recovery time was shortened by at least half.  
Yes, soaking is good for you!

Phil

About 8 years ago, I was studing Kung Fu and loved it. My instructor was intense and I was a big kid. I wished back then I had a tub especially when learning how to break fall on concrete with old straw mats. We sparred full contact with limited power and there were many nights that I was achy.

I ended my "carreer" after my second accident while sparring - a black belt hit me in the chin with an uppercut a little too hard. My first was a ridge hand to the bridge of my nose and my instructer saying something about if the nose bleed doesn't stop get to the hospital. I decided earning money to pay for family needs out weighed being a big kid.

I must say I do miss it even after all these years.

Neither of my injuries could have been helped by my tub ... I couldn't have held my breath long enough for the water to heal.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:59:56 pm by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42