What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Caldera model?  (Read 10143 times)

Rowan

Re: New Caldera model?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:45 pm »
Well - we ended up going with an '05 Sundance Altamar (loved the spa & loved the dealer), but the C45 was a close runner up.  I floated a bit more than in the Sundance, and there were a couple of small things that worried us a bit about the C45, but would not have stopped us from buying it.

For those who may be considering this line:
1) I'm not sure that the pumps that are on the C45 are the standard ones used on the other Caldera models - make sure you verify that they are before you buy if that's important to you.  (& there is no circ pump.)
2) When we wet tested the first night, the display said 102 and did not feel all that warm.  When we tested a second day, the temp was set at 102, the display said 105 when we got in, and it subsequently went up to 106.  May have been a fluke but you never know.

Warranty was 5 yrs parts & labor on all mechanics, plumbing, etc.  7 or 10 on the shell (I forget which). They said it was the standard Caldera warranty, but did not go into great detail.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 08:58:45 pm »

errin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 09:07:00 pm »
Congradulations on your new tub... I am glad you found one that you liked... I would not recommend going with the other Caldera since what you said about it.. Most Caldera spas have two motor etc. as you can see on there web site.. That is one way to really check out the tubs that you are buying by looking in person wet test and then really check warrenty and specs with the web sites for that manuf.  I am really happy for you  happy  tubbing....  ;D

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2006, 12:54:18 pm »
Neither would I  ;)

I wouldn't give it another thought.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 10:52:23 am »
"Special Order" spas have been around as long as I have been offering Watkins products. You simply have to place a large enough order and they will accomodate you. However, the special order items I have seen are such things as custom tile - back when all the tubs had tile, special siding, special stain colors on the wood siding, special colors on the covers, and so forth. This is the first time I have heard of a spa being offered without the circ pump. Caldera does make the Highland series tub without a circ pump, so one would imagine that they put the system from those spas into the C45.

Don't know about how well that would work.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 10:52:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42