What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Royal Spa  (Read 8189 times)

Noggin

• Ready to Soak !
Royal Spa
« on: February 18, 2006, 06:21:08 pm »
Does anyone have a Royal Spa and if so what model do you own? Also, is it the spa you thought it would be?

Thanks for the info in advance ! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Royal Spa
« on: February 18, 2006, 06:21:08 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Royal Spa
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 06:49:46 pm »
I was helping my sister in law shop for a spa. Royal was at the Ohio State Fair. I was underwhelmed by the spas and overheard the stupidest thing I've ever heard a spa salesperson tell a potential customer.

The customer had just gotten a price.

Customer- Will you right that price and the model number down for me?  I just got here and want to look at all the other dealers."

Sales rep -  "You could just change that price and hold me to it when you come back."

I don't think I'd ever buy something from someone that called me a potential liar and thief.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:49:41 pm »
Customer- Will you right that price and the model number down for me?  I just got here and want to look at all the other dealers."

Sales rep -  "You could just change that price and hold me to it when you come back."

I think the customer could also just change his/her mind about dealing with that particular ding-dong, and find someone RESPECTFUL to deal with....then come back, and say "I just bought a tub from the (X) dealer down the way...because he gave me a quote and let me shop the competition...you lost out BIG."
RIP C-Rod

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:30:02 pm »
I looked at thier web site.  I think that the tubs, in my opinion do not look all that great.  Nothing really stands out in my opinion.  The two tubs that appear to be the high end spas are the following.  The dont appeal to me but they look ok.  

king ultra

empress

I think this is one of the first times that I have heard of them.  I guess this will come down to dealer and wet test, however, I would stick with the better names.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:31:31 pm by bosco0633 »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 09:33:37 am »
Royal spas use push button pnumatic mechanical controlls to operate their spas. This is 50 year old spa industry technology. They also use pressurized filtration with no skimming capeabilitys. Again this is 50 year old spa industry technology. Cheap components on cheap spas being sold for premium prices. Bob Dapper (owner Royal) needs to get with the program. He proudly tells his customers that the components on his spas are so inexpensive any diy'er can fix his spas. Well, if that's the case, why "claim" a 7 year P&L warranty? Why not drop the labor aspect and and give them 7 years parst with a bag full of RMA tags upon delivery? My best advice here mirrors bosco, pick another brand.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:16:26 pm »
He proudly tells his customers that the components on his spas are so inexpensive any diy'er can fix his spas.

Sounds familiar.........................
Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 08:58:48 pm »
Didnt we already answer this Royal question for him already ?  I'm all for helping but if asked and answered, no need to ask again.
Measure once, cut twice.

Noggin

• Ready to Soak !
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 08:06:02 am »
Sorry to ask again, just trying to do my homework. :'(

I will make sure not to bother you again ! :'(

I'm a newbie !

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:09:00 am »
sorry for being snippy
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 06:05:21 pm »
Royal spas use push button pnumatic mechanical controlls to operate their spas. This is 50 year old spa industry technology. They also use pressurized filtration with no skimming capeabilitys. Again this is 50 year old spa industry technology. Cheap components on cheap spas being sold for premium prices. Bob Dapper (owner Royal) needs to get with the program. He proudly tells his customers that the components on his spas are so inexpensive any diy'er can fix his spas. Well, if that's the case, why "claim" a 7 year P&L warranty? Why not drop the labor aspect and and give them 7 years parst with a bag full of RMA tags upon delivery? My best advice here mirrors bosco, pick another brand.

In a coincidental timing, I was driving around Columbus today and heard a commercial for Royal Spas. When my dealer went under there was talk of Royal moving into their building. (They took over their slot at the Ohio State Fair last year) But I think that fell through as Royal probably (my guess) didn't want to be associated with someone with legal charges pending.

The commercial basically was touting their backward technology and saying everyone else is facing $1000 repair costs when their newfangled hot tubs break and their spas are simple, simple, simple!  They are said if you are facing a huge repair bill they can retrofit their control systems to any tub. (No mention of price)  

As a only semi neutral observation, I really didn't find the commercial convincing or interesting.   They say they now have 3 Ohio locations, one about 5 miles from me. I might stop and look sometime.  Good thing Jim doesn't spread like these guys!  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:23:38 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 06:54:24 pm »
My guess is it is an appliance store with maybe one model on display. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. They claim they have a dealer in reno too. Last time I was there, it was a patio enclosure company with one spa. I'll be going there again in about a week, we'll see if they made it the year! Again, I doubt it. As for the legal issues, I'll pm you a tale of two hot tub companys at the indiana state fair you might find amusing, it also involvs leagalities.

In a coincidental timing, I was driving around Columbus today and heard a commercial for Royal Spas. When my dealer went under there was talk of Royal moving into their building. (They took over their slot at the Ohio State Fair last year) But I think that fell through as Royal probably (my guess) didn't want to be associated with someone with legal charges pending.

The commercial basically was touting their backward technology and saying everyone else is facing $1000 repair costs where their newfangled hot tubs break and their spas are simple, simple, simple!  They are said if you are facing a huge repair bill they can retrofit their control systems to any tub. (No mention of price)  

As a only semi neutral observation, I really didn't find the commercial convincing or interesting.   They say they now have 3 Ohio locations, one about 5 miles from me. I might stop and look sometime.  Good thing Jim doesn't spread like these guys!  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 07:22:13 pm »
My guess is it is an appliance store with maybe one model on display. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. They claim they have a dealer in reno too. Last time I was there, it was a patio enclosure company with one spa. I'll be going there again in about a week, we'll see if they made it the year! Again, I doubt it. As for the legal issues, I'll pm you a tale of two hot tub companys at the indiana state fair you might find amusing, it also involvs leagalities.

Little things bug me when dealing with companies for major purchases.  In their commercial, they give their location as (from memory)  2 miles east of I-71 on Polaris Parkway.  That is a heavily built up area with a lot of traffic and I'd hate to be driving slowly trying to find a place and not even knowing which side of the road it is on.  Next came a check of their website, they only list a phone number, not an address. That means I have to call and they will have my number on their caller ID.  This bothers me enough that  if I was shopping for a spa, I would be passing them by.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:25:34 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 11:01:44 am »

I finally saw the store the other day on the way to a customer's house. Its a small front in the middle of a business park type complex, so easy access, I may stop in sometime to look around.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 12:09:41 pm »
we sold a couple of their swim spas until they priced themselves out of our market. All are running today. Yes push button controls, but functional. As with many "manufacturers," they are assemblers.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »
Truer words never spoken! They ship in all their components, and assemble them in their "plant" on the South side of Indy, and as their tag line says, "Relax, its a Royal piece of sh, oh er uh SPA!"

As with many "manufacturers," they are assemblers.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42