What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Float Belt  (Read 16904 times)

Cabana Boy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
No Float Belt
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:39:20 am »
Does anyone have any experience with the no-float belts such as the one found at the following URL:

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000652000001.cfm

Does it actually work?  I'm interested in a Hotspring Vista but both my wife and I float out of the lounger.  

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

No Float Belt
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:39:20 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: No Float Belt
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:44:55 am »
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the no-float belts.
I am curious as to why you and your wife are interested in a spa in which you both float out of the lounger.
What's so special about the Vista? Have you wet tested anything else?

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:46:39 am »
Consider looking at some different spas.  Not fun wearing that stuff in your spa.  The vista is a big tub and if you are short (as in not over 6 feet for the vista)the Envoy might be better for you.  Take your time to look around ask a lot of questions here.
Steve

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:15 am »
Okay, I'm curious too, now.....how uncomfortable can it be to drape a weighted belt over your waist in a tub? I was considering purchasing one, also.
the Vista's a beautiful tub.....mmmmmmmmm
RIP C-Rod

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 08:22:57 am »
Personally, I'd not want to have a spa where I had to "belt up" to use it.  But that's just me. If it works for you, go for it.

And for those folks who spa in the raw, I shudder to picture them with a belt across their gut.

Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 09:05:41 am »
Brewman, you've got me giggling over here now!  ;D ;)
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:10:17 am »
My name is Chas. I'm a floater.

Hi Chas.....

I keep a no-float belt by the spa at the store for wet tests- The one I use is very full but most folks would be fine with much less in it. I stuffed it with Aquarium Gravel. I have people who wanted the recliner because it is so nice to lay back, and they were so bummed when I turned on the jets and they began to float. I handed them the belt, and the smile didn't come right away because it doesn't seem like it would be any fun to have to use the thing.

But they simply drape it over their lap, or their upper legs, and in seconds, the smile returns.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 01:03:43 pm »
We have a few no-float belts on the accessory shelves.  They are the type that fill with aquarium gravel.  We have had them for 4 or 5 years and have never sold one.  Must be because of the lounger design in our Marquis Spas.  They tend to get your legs in a comfortable raised position while supporting the rest of your body well enough that few people float out of them.  If you have the chance to wet test a Marquis before you make your final decision I would recommend that you take the opportunity.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with the no-float belts such as the one found at the following URL:

Does it actually work?  I'm interested in a Hotspring Vista but both my wife and I float out of the lounger.  

Thanks

Welcome to the board!

If the lounge is a problem in the Vista, it will more than likely be a problem in ANY spa with a lounge.  The Vista does have grooves molded in the seat to help you stay in place, but if you float, you float, and it is not relaxing to fight to stay seated.

I would suggest trying the Grandee or Vanguard by HotSpring.  Both of them have deep corner seats that will allow you to sit in a "vertically reclined" position and should eliminate the floating that occurs when you lie more prone.

Good luck with your spa shopping.  Make it fun! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 01:27:19 pm »

Thanks

I've seen one person use it and say it works well (and in theory it certainly should). If it's teh kind that requires you to add the weight, whatever you put in it down should be washed thoroughly beforehand.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

michael_wobbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 05:38:48 pm »
 perhaps you float because you are having bathing suit on,

Me and my wife floats when we have bathingsuit on, its because the suit becomes filled with air from the jets.

No bathingsuit no floting

try it it, perhaps it will help

good luck

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 05:44:41 pm »
? ???

Cabana Boy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 06:52:41 pm »
Wow I didn't expect to get so many responses so quick.  Thanks to all who replied thus far.

We have tested four spas at this time (two Sundance and two Hotsping).  We both floated out of the lounger in the Sundance Maxxus to the point where it was frustrating.  The Sundance Optima was nice but didn't do much for me.  My legs are long so I feel a little cramped when using the dome in the footwell.

Then came the Hotspring Vista.  Every seat (except the lounger) fit well.  All jets hit the right spot without being overpowering.  I also like the extra room and large footwell of the Vista.  When trying the lounger we both floated but no where near as bad as in the Maxxus.  I found the Moto-Massage DX jet was great and the foot jets powerful.  The only problem was the floating.  It wasn't too bad but it's still there.  Hence the question about the no-float lounge.

We then tried the Envoy.  The seats were good but I liked the room of the Vista.  The 'captain chair' has good jet placement.  The lounger on this model presented a different problem for me.  I didn't float at all ... because the pillow was at the back of my neck and wedged me in.  Not the most comfortable.  The foot jets didn't seem as powerful either in the lounger when compared to the Vista.  

So tonight we're going to test a Grandee and retest the Envoy at another store (same chain, different location, same sales guy who's been professional and helpful so far).

As for trying it without a bathing suit as someone mentioned, I don't think the sales people in the store go for that ... interesting idea but don't think it'll fly.  :)

Thanks

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 07:32:34 pm »

As for trying it without a bathing suit as someone mentioned, I don't think the sales people in the store go for that ... interesting idea but don't think it'll fly. Ê:)

Thanks

come to my store. :D ;) :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »
It is true that some folks who float with a suit on will NOT float with bare skin.

It is also true that Stuart floats in bare skin unless he has shaved his back recently.

;)

OK, the first part is true.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42