What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers make the difference!  (Read 4851 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Dealers make the difference!
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:03:53 am »
Several weeks ago, the waterfall light in my Marquis Epic started to malfunction. It was either stuck on red, or it didn't work. I thought I could fix it but after talking to Mendo, I realized I would need to call my dealer. I decided to wait until I needed to bother them for something else since a light is no big deal. Monday I called to tell them about finally getting the electric company to come to my house. My sales person offered the tech's cell number if there were questions that I couldn't answer. I mentioned the light but asked that they not send anyone unless they were in my area (I am about 20 miles from the dealer). Yesterday when I came home, there was a little yellow note on my spa cover. The light bulb had been replaced (warranty).  And at the bottom, it said Thank You!....Needless to say I am very impressed and pleased.  ;) I was telling several friends at a school meeting last night and one said wouldn't it be great if all businesses treated customers like that...the other responded... business people like that are few and far between.... ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers make the difference!
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:03:53 am »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Re: Dealers make the difference!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:37:55 am »
 ;DAgreed!  Unfortunately, during a call to my dealer about a jumper question, I found out my sales guy had left the company.  First thought was I am gonna be hung out to dry....  But...Joe (big bald dude) said he'd be glad to help and he DID!  

He answered every question and informed me of a customer appreication sale today and tomorrow, longer hours and discounts on filters, chemicals etc.  Very helpful and as a customer, I appreicate his service and will patronize his store even if it's a little more money.  
Better than I deserve...

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:31 am »
A year ago there were very few that trusted the dealer, much less say something nice about them.  As a dealer, I did feel offended as the most important thing to consumers was first price and second the product.

Personally, we have gone the extra mile for every customer for the past 22 years, in spite of dealing with manufacturering problems that put us on the firing line.  It is pleasing to know that the dealers are doing a good job caring for their customers and leaving a favorable impressions.  

These unsolicited comments of appreciation are greatly appreciated by all of the dealers that post to this board.   :-*

I think we do make a difference and are equally as important as product and price.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:36:09 pm »
I agree 100% with Boni....I went to our local HS dealer the other day to pick up bromine equipment and bring up my concern with a hose underneath rubbing on the brain box. I was told by the owner that the tech (her brother in law) would be out that day. He was, after one other service call he went on. He checked everything out, said the hose wouldn't cause a problem since it's not pushing hard, etc.....then proceeded to tie it up and away from the box anyhow. It's not a BIG fix, something I could've done myself, but I wanted his opinion anyhow, since he knows plenty more than I.
Today I needed to make a quick run in again, and was told they were closing in 20 minutes...I figured I could sneak in under the wire, but half way there realized I'd be there after closing (the owner had to boot scoot quick at close), so called to tell her never mind, I'd take care of it tomorrow.....She told me in no uncertain terms to come out, she had the product on the front counter waiting for me!  Sheesh....this is the stuff that's going to keep me thinking and talking highly about my dealer....and yes, buying chemicals and accessories from them. ;)
These people go above and beyond, and NEVER have made me feel like I'm asking stupid questions, or I'm putting them out when they've got something "better" to do....
Four Seasons in West Bend, WI is a great place to deal with......cheap plug for them.  ;D
RIP C-Rod

spa_dr.

• hmmmm,  hot tubs , DOH!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:54:49 am »
Tattoo Lady,

did'nt know you were a Bender, Appleton myself. was at 4 seasons a few years back. do they still carry Jacuzzi Premium?

sharkman009

• MORE WINE!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 06:31:11 pm »
Its good to hear about the good dealers out there. I get tired of the horror stories about dealers out to make a quick buck or they want to sell a spa and then they dont care if you see you again. :)

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 12:53:52 am »
It's all about the dealers, find the good brands then see what spa fits you best, but ultimately it's the dealer who help make spa ownership easy for you. So that it's easy to use, easy to maintain, makes sure you understand how to use the product and if you should have a problem makes sure you get up and running quickly.

Unfortunately a good majority of the dealers in our industry don't see the long term value of a customer. They only see the short term, but there is usually at least one if not two good dealers in every market.

Micah

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:11 pm »
As a dealer, I did feel offended as the most important thing to consumers was first price and second the product.
I think we do make a difference and are equally as important as product and price.

Do you really think that Price was the most important motivating factor in a customers purchase?  I heard about a nationwide survey that listed what was most important in determining what product to buy.
1. Salesperson
2. Brand / Quality of Product
3. Confident in company
4. Price
Havent you ever had a customer come in and say that they found the same spa for a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but they would rather deal with you?  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 01:21:46 pm »
Havent you ever had a customer come in and say that they found the same spa for a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but they would rather deal with you?  
I get that all the time when people are comparing price for the same product, however significant price differences between dissimilair products is definitly motivation for the customer to make a decision on price and price alone.  Enter Salesman...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 01:26:12 pm »
Do you really think that Price was the most important motivating factor in a customers purchase?  I heard about a nationwide survey that listed what was most important in determining what product to buy.
1. Salesperson
2. Brand / Quality of Product
3. Confident in company
4. Price

I get confused on how "price" is used.

If I can afford the product, and ther are several choices in  my budget, then yes.  

I think the amount price varies is  key factor.   % might be a better measurement (I'd be willing to spend 5% more on my purchases for superior service/dealership, but not 50%.)

07 Caldera Geneva

Micah

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 02:41:15 pm »
Drewster I agree with you about paying a "LITTLE" more for customer service.  But I had a customer come in and say "Show me what you have for 6K!" A week later he paid 12.5K for a J-480.  Although he said price was his number one motivating factor.  It really wasn't.  I'm sure some customers will disagree with me.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 03:15:01 pm »
Drewster I agree with you about paying a "LITTLE" more for customer service.  But I had a customer come in and say "Show me what you have for 6K!" A week later he paid 12.5K for a J-480.  Although he said price was his number one motivating factor.  It really wasn't.  I'm sure some customers will disagree with me.

Yup.  There's a budget. then there's the real budget. It's differnt for all folks.

"What I would like to spend",  "What I will spend", "What I can afford"  are usually three very different numbers.

;D
07 Caldera Geneva

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 04:49:51 pm »
The dealer in my opinion is so important.  I was using biguanides in my tub and kept getting a bad waterline around the edge that was so sticky and hard to get off.  While we tried a dump and refill using the new spa conditioner and it was worse.  So the dealer took back my biguanides and put me into dichlor with nature 2 for no charge even though I would've paid.  They also threw in a new filter since the first one was shot due to the build up.  That is a dealer that stands behind their product and does all they can to make their customer happy.  So glad I went with the dealer I chose.  That's why the have a shining reputation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 04:49:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42