What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Crappy water  (Read 13637 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Crappy water
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 01:51:52 am »
Wow, TL, that really is crappy water. Is that well water?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 01:51:52 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 07:27:54 am »
Apparently iron is real common in well water. We have a house at the Delaware shore. When I was a kid (before we put a filtration system in place), the water would appear pretty clear but cause stains and if you make the mistake of putting chlorox in the wash...you ended up with orange clothes.  A friend and I spent the entire summer working at the beach and by September, her blond hair had an obvous orange tint, and our fingernails and toenails turned orange. It's funny because you can even smell the iron in the water. :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:24 am »
[size=16][glb]Wisoki, actually, the HS filtering system IS amazing. Between the no-bypass and the Tri-X filters, that mess WILL be sparkling clean water in a day or so. I hate to bust your bubble, but I'm just stating what I've seen.[/glb][/size]
:)

Wow!  It truly is amazing how nasty the water was before and how clean it is becoming.  I would love to see how well the bypass "filtration" systems clean your water. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 10:34:56 am »
They will all get that water back to sparkling clear, but if as Term suggest, you need to do NOTHING, just sit back and wait, and all of a sudden you water will be clear because of the filtering in HS, I suggest you give that method a shot. Fact is your water needs to be chemicaly treated to make that go away, there is no two ways about it. You could dump a half gallon of muriatic acid in there, and TA-DA, your water would be clear. Toxic, and damaging to your spa, but clear. You could do a gradual acid addition coupled with filtration and that will work also. I have no bubble to burst, ALL spas filter and keep water free of particulate matter, that adds to clarity, sanitation is strictly a chlorine, bromine or biguanide situation, which also adds to clarity. Sorry to burst your bubble, but enjoy cleaning all those filters FREQUENTLY.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 11:11:05 am »
Wisoki's right again, the other type of spas would filter all the water.......eventually.

Your exclusive 100% No Bypass Filtration in your HotSpring is filtering every single drop BEFORE all that crud gets sucked into your spa's internal components.  Every little bit of debris gets stopped at the filters, so it is true they will get very, very dirty.

What are filters in a hot tub for?  Why, I believe they are there to get DIRTY and to help keep your water CLEAN.  Other spas have 1 or 2 filters that don't have to be cleaned very often as they don't have the opportunity to capture some of the dirt as the bypass valves deny them that chance.  But, eventually, and the Good Lord willing, the bypass valves will not get all the dirt and the poor little 1 or 2 filters will actually get a chance to do their job.

I LOVE dirty filters.  Means the water is getting clean.  Clean filters in a dirty spa don't get me or my customers too excited. :)

Terminator  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 12:16:42 pm »
Just a thought here T-Lady, when my Marquis partial bypass two filter piece of sh$# had the ice tea water, it cleared it up in just a couple of hours, actually before the water even got to 101. But, here is my thought, When I drained the tub some water was left in my jets (I sucked a bit out with my shop vac, but some continued to drain back into the footwell. That bit of chlorine (I shocked before I drained to clean out the pumps and blow all the toenails and pasta sauce out of my heater), probably caused my instant ice tea water.  If your first fill wasn't as rusty as your second, you may have done the same thing. Maybe if you are careful to open all the diverter valves  and carefully remove all that residual, you may have a better shot at removing the iron with  stain and scale or metal out product before it oxidizes.  Just a thought....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 01:25:53 pm by Bonibelle »

shabba34

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 12:26:28 pm »
I just went rounds with my electric company who informed me ALL hot dealers are liars  >:(  
Only ones that sell Marquis! :P  ;D ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 12:32:22 pm »
I just went rounds with my electric company who informed me ALL hot dealers are liars  >:(  

I'll say that most of the ones I've met in person truly are.  And I base my comment on talking to various spa salesmen at the fair and at the pool and spa expos.  I've never been in a competitor's store so I don't have first hand experience locally.

Terminator

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 12:44:21 pm »
First person I have met that didn't let me get a word in edgewise....And she did not discriminate...she said ALL Hot Tub Dealers...She didn't even specify what they are lying about....I wanted to ask her opinion of no bypass filtration...but. Honestly I am really a bit angry. I am trying to figure something out and have asked the bas%$^ company that I have been paying for my electric to just give me the consideration of eliminating other possibilities (like a faulty meter)....and I get this very bias ...person who really got up in my face and blasted me for even having the tub. But she did say she wished she could afford one...  I'm sorry, I usually don't get this angry, and I am just venting out of frustration and I don't like having an argument when I can't say anything or at least hit somebody! >:( >:( >:(

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 12:58:21 pm »
First person I have met that didn't let me get a word in edgewise....And she did not discriminate...she said ALL Hot Tub Dealers...She didn't even specify what they are lying about....I wanted to ask her opinion of no bypass filtration...but. Honestly I am really a bit angry. I am trying to figure something out and have asked the bas%$^ company that I have been paying for my electric to just give me the consideration of eliminating other possibilities (like a faulty meter)....and I get this very bias ...person who really got up in my face and blasted me for even having the tub. But she did say she wished she could afford one...  I'm sorry, I usually don't get this angry, and I am just venting out of frustration and I don't like having an argument when I can't say anything or at least hit somebody! >:( >:( >:(

She didn't let you get a word in edgewise? Wow.  That's a first.  (joking! )

Bonnie. what did the Electric Company Ho do exactly? did she check your meter (how?) did she perform any audit, or help in anyway?  
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 01:01:09 pm »

She didn't let you get a word in edgewise? Wow.  That's a first.  (joking! )

Bonnie. what did the Electric Company Ho do exactly? did she check your meter (how?) did she perform any audit, or help in anyway?  
;D ;D ;D  He said[glb]HO![/glb] ;D ;D ;D

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 01:24:02 pm »
Hey Drew, I know it's true I am a gabber and I will admit it, but this one...no small talk..no chance to show her all the data (I have a whole folder). She marched into my back yard and saw my tub and from there on out...forget it.
She established that my meter was Ok by using the amperage on my electric dryer and calculating something using the meter. I would have liked to have learned about that but....Then she just got into my face and said very loudly that the hot tub was just a water heater sitting out on the deck...And all the information you get from dealers is lies, they just want to sell tubs....  OK...and she has 30 years experience. I tried to explain that the energy ratings matched what my electrician got for the tub. She just ignored that completely, I guess my electrician lied too and this whole thing is a big conspiracy...to get ME to buy a hot tub..Why did they have to send me a wise ass woman? At least if they sent a man, he would have let this stupid woman ask a few questions....When I asked her to please let me just check the tub, with it off, she claimed that it was drawing 20 kWh with nothing running and that is what hot tubs do, just like computers that you think are off.....I need to let this go right now..I have hijacked T Lady's thread, sorry...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:02 pm »
Wow, TL, that really is crappy water. Is that well water?

Nope.

Ray-F1, it's not all that bad really.....once it filters through, the chemicals are the same stuff everyone else uses.....it IS a bit rough for me to balance perfectly right now, but hey....I'm a NUUUU-B. ;)

Term, you got it.....this is from the first fill. I had to remove and clean the filters several times, but it was WELL worth the results! OUTSTANDING!

Wisoki, I don't mind cleaning off the filters....it's a small price to pay for the comfort the tub provides. ;) I'm lazy...but I'm not THAT lazy!

Boni, good theory, HOWEVER.....I had 2 hoses running water in at the same time, once I realized that the hard water was just pumping out that orange mess....and I could SEE the particles coming straight out of the hose, so it's nothing that was a 'leftover' from the last fill...
As far as the electrical ho, I'd have them send her BACK over....and make sure you've got a bunch of people in the tub, enjoying it...then throw in her face that hard work pays off,  and doing less than her job the first time just because she's envious of your tub is petty..and means she gets to do it TWICE (or until it's done in a professional manner). Plus, she won't get invited to your mid-summer luau with a sourpuss attitude.  ;D
RIP C-Rod

RPG

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 01:17:06 pm »
this is from the first fill. I had to remove and clean the filters several times, but it was WELL worth the results! OUTSTANDING!

Wisoki, I don't mind cleaning off the filters....it's a small price to pay for the comfort the tub provides. ;) I'm lazy...but I'm not THAT lazy!

OH JOY!!!!

The Spa Fairy

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 04:03:33 pm »
Don't get too happy ya little fairy. That aint the same water from the orriginal photo, that's water from a different fill.

OH JOY!!!!

The Spa Fairy

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 04:03:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42