What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gazebos  (Read 4422 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Gazebos
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:50:41 am »
consumers:  How many of you have gazebos?  What type?  Why do you have one or not have one?

dealers:  About what percentage of spas do you sell with gazebos?

I have heard claims that about 10% of spas are packaged with gazebos.  My best guess is we are closer to 5%.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Gazebos
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:50:41 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Gazebos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 11:03:04 am »
I think that across the country that may be a accurate number. Here in So Cal we run about 40% people want and need the privacy.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:08:05 am »
I think I've sold maybe 2 in 6 years.  Most folks around here have big yards and privacy is not that big a concern.  Probably 20% of the people who come in want a gazebo and change their minds rather quickly when notified of the cost.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 11:26:21 am »
We sell a couple a year.

I have a big showroom, with two currently on display in vinyl, and one redwood gazebo sitting in the warehouse waiting for room on the floor. They add to the look of the spa displays but the vinyl one is priced at $7000 and that just doesn't seem to motivate the folks who come through my door.

I have heard lots of folks say things like, "I could built one for a tenth of that," or "the spa I'm looking at is less than that."

But most of all I just hear, "we want to see the sky."

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 11:28:00 am »
Never have sold a gazebo with a a tub. Can't see the stars with a roof over ya!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 11:40:50 am »
I had a gazebo company representative call me a couple of times asking to meet with me. I suggested he just send us the new brochures. He called several more times insisting on a meeting.

Finally he said he'd just be there on such and such a date and time, would I be in the store. I said yes, and then I totally forgot to be gone at that time.

He laid out a whole new and exciting program, and showed me all new and exciting gazebos. He told me that by only selling one gazebo with every four spas I could double my net next year. The he dropped the bomb: if I wanted to keep my 'dealership' I had to commit to two or three gazebos on the spot. He wanted one on display and one or two in stock for immedieate delivery.

I asked if I could just show the one I had, which was last year's, and sell off the brochure if anyone showed interest. The answer was - and I'll never forget this - "Chas, if you don't want to be our exclusive dealer in Ventura, we'lll just have to find someone who will."

There are NO other spa dealers in Ventura, I'm the only one. And I guess if I ever DO sell another one of their gazebos, I won't be able to order it, since I'm not a dealer anymore.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 11:56:41 am »
I've never sold a gazebo and don't know as I'll get the opportunity.  Most people I deal with will put another room off their house and turn it into a four-seasons porch.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 12:59:29 pm »
We sell about 8-10 a year, they average $6000. We carry them cause they enhance our showroom.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »
We sell a few sequoia rooms and mounts every year. Price is a concern to the people who do not buy them. The ones who go for it say, "I want it, how much? OK" I wanted to display the vinyl at our location, but that's on hold and is only displayed on our site.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 11:43:48 pm »
I've never sold a gazebo and don't know as I'll get the opportunity.  Most people I deal with will put another room off their house and turn it into a four-seasons porch.

As a consumer, this has been my plan almost from day 1.  We get cold/rainy weather quite often, so I want an enclosed solution.  (Skylights for stars works for me!)

The main reason I don't have a gazebo is price.  I can build a 3- or 4-season porch on my house for about the same cost and it adds value to my home, unlike the gazebo.

RayF-1

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 03:06:34 pm »
Consumer response.  Would like a gazebo, but find that a quality products exceed my available $$.

Could build one .. but would be a major project to do it right.

Wife unit and I like to all-year dip .. but don't like sitting in tub with winter rain or snow falling. (Maybe because I'm bald.)  Also like fresh air and stars.

Current compromise:  Winter season tub is covered with arch-frame (garage style) tent .. summer season is wide open.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 05:11:57 pm »
Consumer response.  Would like a gazebo, but find that a quality products exceed my available $$.

Could build one .. but would be a major project to do it right.

Wife unit and I like to all-year dip .. but don't like sitting in tub with winter rain or snow falling. (Maybe because I'm bald.)  Also like fresh air and stars.

Current compromise:  Winter season tub is covered with arch-frame (garage style) tent .. summer season is wide open.

good compromise.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 12:31:38 pm »
We considered covering the tub before we got it.  After we got it we decided we don't want it covered.

Now the only weather that keeps us out of it is a thunderstorm.

We wear Tilley hats to keep the rain off, and store our robes in a Rubbermaid tub to keep them dry.  Snow is nice.

We've been in the tub in all kinds of weather (except the aformentioned thunder storms).  The worse the weather, the better we like it.

Just about to get into mosquito weather.  This should be interesting!

Astrid.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 03:23:27 pm »
Didn't consider a gazebo because I wanted the spa close to the house (as in right next to it) and already had an area under the deck available for the tub. Also really didn't have the room to add it to the smallish backyard and wanted a bit more privacy than would be available from a gazebo away from the house. But not everyone has a deck with room for a tub underneath so that isn't an option for them.

With the under deck roof and my privacy screens I get the privacy, protection from weather as well as plenty of room around the tub for chairs, tables, etc.

Can't really see the stars all that much but still feel outdoors and because the tub is still under cover it (hopefully) will last a little longer being protected from sun and rain.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Jack_L

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 11:42:50 pm »
We were planning from the start to include a gazebo.  Originally we were going to get one of those that attach to the sides and sit on top, then we were going to get a larger one.......but after having the tub we scrubbed the idea completely.   We have since decided to decorate the patio and are glad we didn't throw the $$$ into covering up the tub.  Its more fun to be out in the weather IMO.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 11:42:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42