What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Powerful jet  (Read 4264 times)

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Looking for Powerful jet
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:41:25 am »
First, let me say THANKS to all for your postings on this forum.  I discovered it just the other day and we have just begun our quest for a hot tub.  I did not realize how much we had to learn until we talked with someone and also when I visited this site.  

There was a Master Spas show in my area this weekend and we went, as it was billed as a "Spa Show".  We were disappointed that they were the only dealer there.  We listened to their shpeel and were impressed....if you believe all that they say of course.  They pressured us to "buy now", but of course, we have only just begun our search and never buy that way anyway.  They invited us back for a wet test.  We came home, did so much more research and then went back for our wet test.

We began to lose faith when we found other dealers do indeed use Microban and it is not "exclusive" to Master Spas as we were told.  Other spas do have the shoulder jets too.  Hmmm, I wonder what else they told us that was untrue.  We also began to realize the importance of having a local dealer that you liked.  The "local" dealer is 90 minutes away for one thing and we know nothing about him and whether we feel good about him.  Why would he care about us when we didn't buy the tub from him?  With gas prices, why would he be encouraged to travel so far to service us?  And, the guys at the show said they were not cutting out the dealer, that he was making money from the show......yet nobody from the dealer was there representing them.

We almost didn't go back for the wet test, but decided to for comparability reasons.  We were a bit disappointed.  I'm still trying to convince my husband that he may not fit perfectly into EVERY seat...if they all fit him perfectly, I may be uncomfortable.  But.....we were both quite disappointed in the power of the jets.  To get anything close to what we were looking for, you couldn't have more than 2 people in the tub, as it stole the power from other seats.  And even that, wasn't strong enough for what we would like from time to time.  We don't want blasting all the time of course....maybe for a few minutes when we have "that spot".  And then, when they gave all seats equal power......which we'd want if we had a bunch of people in the tub......it was basically like sitting in a big bathtub.  If i'm going to entertain and have people over to go into the hot tub, I want there to be more therapeutic effect.  I understand that with all seats getting equal power, it will be less than if some seats are turned off........but I would like it to feel like more than just sitting in a big bath.

So.....here is the real reason for my post.....to ask those of you who have experience wet testing......which tubs have the most POWER?  And which ones are still good when all seats are getting equal power?

Thanks a million.

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Powerful jet
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:41:25 am »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Looking for Powerful jet
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:57:32 am »
Try the Artesian Piper Glen (or any of the Artesian spas in their platinum line).  Each seat has it's own pump and plumbing.   No diverter valves and no power sharing.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 11:00:06 am »
the HS Grandee has a bunch of power, the only thing is this...there are 2 diverter valves....one for each pump. Turned one way, the water goes to certain jets, turned the other way, to other jets.....it's not meant to have every jet blasting at the same time, however, even with 3 people with very different tastes in it, we're very happy with one seat blasting (air valve turned on FULL), one seat with a firm massage (air valve turned OFF), and maybe one quiet seat that gets just the passing water. At any rate, with what we've got, it's simply WAY more than "just a bath tub"...
Best of luck in your search!!
RIP C-Rod

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 11:13:24 am »
Gee.......thanks for the QUICK responses!  GREAT BOARD here!!!!!

My husband was researching Artesian and getting excited as I was writing this post.  He is on the phone making a wet test appointment as I type!  THANKS!

I will let you know how it goes!!!!!

HS will be later in the week I hope.

Micah

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 12:11:24 pm »
Stemay,
Not sure what part of the country you are from but the most powerfull jets I have seen was from a company called "Coast"  I dont sell them but they have these big red pumps that pust 320 g.p.m. each.  I thought it was to much. It might be just what your looking for.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 12:42:19 pm »
If you are looking for lots of power you will find Artesian and L.A. Spas offer alot of choices.
Measure once, cut twice.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 03:33:07 pm »
Caldera Geneva,Niagra,Tahitian Utopia has a lot of power. I'm a Caldera dealer so I can't speak as intelligently about other brands wet tests, but our spas have great power when all seats are in use.

Also try a Sundance Optima or Altamar

Hot Spring Vista, Envoy, Grandee are good ones

What size spa are you looking for?

Also make sure you check out and see what dealer in your area has the best reputation for service and that you feel comfortable with. All spas I mentioned are good spas, but WHO you buy from is just as important as the brand you buy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 03:34:16 pm by sandiego »

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 11:28:52 pm »
We wet tested the Artesian Piper Glen today.  We are IN LOVE!!!!!  Loved the pressure!  Loved the individual controls!  I don't even think we are going to do anymore looking!  

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 11:29:31 pm »
Oh yes.......and Loved the dealer too!

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 12:33:10 am »
Sounds like you figured out Mspas. As for power try a Sundance.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

MarKee

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 01:17:53 am »
I would try the Marquis Destiny.  Marquis has a patented jet called the HK40 that puts out up to 40 gallons per minute.  It's an awesome feel when you have 5 of those hitting one section of your back!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 06:42:57 am »
We wet tested the Artesian Piper Glen today.  We are IN LOVE!!!!!  Loved the pressure!  Loved the individual controls!  I don't even think we are going to do anymore looking!  

Check your messages.  I sent you some information on the Artesian Piper Glen.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 07:03:57 am »
Stemay
Keep looking, most of the tubs have powerful jets.
Take at least a week or two to look around before you decide.  You will have many years to enjoy and won't want to second guess it down the road.
Steve
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:20:58 pm by cola »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 07:31:47 am »
In love is good!  ;) If it's priced in your range, has the feel you crave, and the dealer and product are both quality, go for it, IMHO. I hear the Piper Glen is an awesome tub...personally, I dunno, as I never saw one but in pictures.
RIP C-Rod

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 12:37:37 pm »
Sounds like you figured out Mspas. As for power try a Sundance.

Though you've missed the best of MS so far, you've seen their travelling road show that doesn't enhance their image or win friends.  For hymbaw to say you've "figured out Mspas" is a mistake.  I've seen the best that MS offers and I can tell you that, IMO, the therapy offered by my 2004 LSX rivals the therapy of any tub.  I'm sorry that you were mislead by the salesperson but all manufacturers are capable of hiring salespeople that may not represent reality correctly.  To answer your question, if you want my opinion of the best therapy, MS is tops.  With that said, find the therapy that's right for you by extensive wet testing, find a dealer that gives you a great comfort level and find a tub in your budget.  Good luck!  8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 12:37:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42