What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Vanguard  (Read 3117 times)

Anoroc

New Vanguard
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:55:25 pm »
Proud owner of a 2006 Vanguard.  I made up my mind after wet testing several hot tubs and a Majesta sundance.  I was even offered a trade in on my Jetsetter for a Marquis Epic but the guy did not have it in yet for me to wet test so I had to pass.

I will follow up with details latter on Monday night.

Hot Tub Forum

New Vanguard
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:55:25 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: New Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 08:07:05 pm »
Congrats Anoroc. I'm glad it worked out for you. What color combo and options did you go for?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 08:11:48 pm »
I'm glad you were able to get things settled.  I know you'll love your Vanguard.  I got mine 3 months before the dual Moto Massage came out.  I do really enjoy it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jack_L

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 08:15:40 pm »
I've had my Vanguard one month now.  So far its been working out great (as long as the kids quit messing with the jet adjustments).\

Picture taken during install, testing pumps.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 08:20:40 pm by Jack_L »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 09:10:18 pm »
Congrats! Hopefully things will work so well that you'll soon forget all the headaches from the previous tub (and you'll ask "previous tub?")  ;)
RIP C-Rod

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 09:26:41 pm »
Thanks all.  I went with the grey shell and the inside is the blue color they call azurite or something like that.  I am also getting the Tri-x filters (I won't mind washing them in the washer like some).  We went with grey becuase the spa steps we had for the jetsetter is grey and my wife did not want to buy new steps.  A small matter so I gave in on that point.

I am keeping my old lifter and steps so I didn't get any accesories with my spa.

Cost was $8075 plus tax.  I know some can get it for less money but I checked at three Hot Springs dealers and they were all no more than just 2 or 3 hundred dollars apart.

They had a "sale" this weekend and each Hot Springs spa came with a special "gift pack" worth $1200.  The pack includes- ozone, cover, delivery, cheimicals, sub-panel.  What a marketting gimmick.  I wonder how many customers think they were getting something on top of what they would get anyway.

Several weeks till delivery so I have a bit of electrical and site preparation to get done.  I will keep you posted.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 09:31:07 pm »
They had a "sale" this weekend and each Hot Springs spa came with a special "gift pack" worth $1200.  The pack includes- ozone, cover, delivery, cheimicals, sub-panel.

Ummmmm.....lemme see if I get this right....ozone is standard equipment on the '06 models....as is the cover, start-up chemicals are normally standard, GFCI panel is standard on the 220 models.....the ONLY thing I see in there that might be different depending on the dealer is delivery....but I BELIEVE that's normally included also....?  Interesting, at any rate.  ???
RIP C-Rod

Anoroc

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 09:36:21 pm »
Yes Tatooed Lady!  My sentiments exactly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:59:48 pm by anaroc »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 11:01:37 pm »
You can't be serious about the $1,200 gift pack? I guess most people shopping for spas don't read this wonderful forum.  ;D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 12:48:08 am »
I wet tested the vanguard it is a very good spa best of luck. I wet tested the epic, I fell in love with it. I have had it for 3 weeks now best spa around.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:48 am »
Congratulations Anoroc!  (I'm glad you didn't have to set yourself on fire, although that would have been really cool!) ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Anoroc

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 10:18:47 am »
Who said I didn't set myself on fire :)  Delivery should be in about two to three weeks.  I have the electrician coming out next Tuesday to take a look at what needs to be done.

I have a lot of work to do to prepare the site for the spa.

I will have to take pics and post latter as things move along.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 10:21:06 am »
I wet tested the Vanguard, and was very impressed with it (although my wife was drowning in it  ;D, it was too big for her.)

I think you got a great tub and a decent price.  You got the ozone, right?
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:41:25 am »
I wet tested the Vanguard, and was very impressed with it (although my wife was drowning in it  ;D, it was too big for her.)

I think you got a great tub and a decent price.  You got the ozone, right?

2006 Hot Spring come standard w/ ozone.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 11:12:48 am »
I've had my Vanguard one month now.  So far its been working out great (as long as the kids quit messing with the jet adjustments).

I'm not really "up" on all the features on other HS tubs, but you might want to check if there's a spa lock and temp lock feature on your Vanguard's control panel. Unless you are just referring to the diverter valves, air induction, etc...?
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 11:12:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42