What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pricing  (Read 1902 times)

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Pricing
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:39:24 am »
How does the whole pricing thing work with hot tubs?  When the dealer quotes a price, is that usually negotiable?  If so, by how much usually?  

Thanks for your guidance.  I don't want to be an idiot and accept their first price if that's not how this all works.  yet, I wouldn't want to insult the dealer by trying to negotiate.  

Hot Tub Forum

Pricing
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:39:24 am »

Micah

Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 11:57:10 am »
 It's different at every store.  Some play the games...some don't.
At our store we give you the price with most everything included. If you want to negotiate you won't get far.
But I have heard that many stores start $500 to $1000 fat and give the salesman a cut if they sell it "over par"
It comes down to this, If you feel that you have found a good, honest dealer, then you are probably getting a fair price.  If you feel like you are in a used car dealership...keep looking.     GOOD LUCK!
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
See if they'll throw in some "extras."

My dealer was asking extra for LED light, coverlifter, ozonator, etc.   I asked for a price quote and then called back to negotiate on the "extras."  They ended up throwing in a couple of the "extras."  

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 03:37:30 pm »
You get your best pricing when you pay in full with a check, make sure you get delivery, cover, steps and start up kit included.

Options available depending on the model can be ozone's and cover-lifters. you can usually negotiate to get the dealer to throw these in

But as far as standard pricing goes, dealers do it different ways. We include everything up front so you know how much it's gonna cost you, other dealers low ball the price of the spa then charge you for delivery, cover, steps, etc.

What's most important when you are comparing pricing is to have the salesperson write out clearly what is included.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 08:23:19 pm »
How does the whole pricing thing work with hot tubs?  When the dealer quotes a price, is that usually negotiable?  If so, by how much usually?  

Thanks for your guidance.  I don't want to be an idiot and accept their first price if that's not how this all works.  yet, I wouldn't want to insult the dealer by trying to negotiate.  

To find out if the price your particular dealer is quoting you is reasonable, just do a search on these forums for your model.  You can also post it here and we can give you a general idea of the value.  The TRUE RAW cost of the tub is pretty similar for most dealers but dealers who have significant volume (or a longer term relationship) can get tubs cheaper than others.  The only real variable is shipping cost.  Most dealers by a large volume at one time to keep that cost down so if you are willing to buy "off the floor" you can sometimes save a few hundred bucks by doing that.  If you want specific colors, etc shipping usually runs from $300 to $750 per tub.  You dealer also has to make enough profit to "keep the doors open" so there is a good margin on most of these units.  Most spa's are between $5K and $8K.  If your paying more than that, you are paying more than the average but a few of the higher end tubs will cost you more than that.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 09:42:17 am »
I agree with Sandiego to have everything listed out.  (Spa, steps, cover, cover lifter, ozone, delivery, lighting, audio eqp. .  Also check to see if the subpanel box and breakers are included.  (those extras delivery, and ozone and breakers can be more money than you think).

You can then do a sanity check here on this board and check around the net to ensure you are being fleeced.

Pricing does vary from region to region.

As stated some dealers will "lowball" the tub, only to make it up on the other end with covers and such.

07 Caldera Geneva

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:40:46 am »
Thanks ndabunka for offering to give me an idea on the price.  We are looking at the Artesian Piper Glen.  

We didn't really talk much about price at the dealer, as we had so much to talk about yet as far as what we wanted.  I think the price listed was around $10,000....maybe a tad over.  Don't think that included cover lifter or steps.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:40:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42