What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: showroom attire  (Read 5477 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
showroom attire
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:46:50 am »
I have heard stories of salespeople's attire rainging from t-shirts, cut offs, tattoos to dress shirt and tie.

Customers:  How do you expect spa salespeople to dress?

Dealers:  Do you have dress codes or guidelines?  What are they?

Reps:  How do you advise dealers on the subject if you do?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

showroom attire
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:46:50 am »

shabba34

Re: showroom attire
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:48:18 am »
Dan, you know it's all about the Berkinstocks. ;D

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 11:49:44 am »
I forgot about the berks! :D

Jack_L

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:58:57 am »
The first dealer we talked to was in casual attire.  He seemed ok and fairly knowledgable but then again we knew nothing so who knows.  My wife was sold on one of their spa's but lucky for us we were not totally ready for one......  6 months later they were out of business (phoenix spa's).  When we were really serious and looking again the dealer we visited (selling Elite Spa I believe) was very very casual (shorts and T-shirt with many tattoo's).  His company actually was selilng 2 brands, but I can't remember the other.  He was really slamming the one brand to build up the Elite spa. I didn't care much for this type of sales tactic and/or his appearance.  

My wife researched and scheduled us a visit at Olympic Hot Tubs (sells Hot Springs). They normally closed at 6pm but the lady said she would stay late so we could come by.  We arrived at 6:30pm and she was well dressed and very informative about both the HS and TR tubs.  We wet tested a few and left around 8:30pm.  I was impressed by Karen at Olympic and we purchased a Vanguard HS tub from Olympic.  

IMO, attire does make a difference.  

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:35 pm »
For me it's sandals, cut offs, and a wife beater.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:05:10 pm »
The first dealer we talked to was in casual attire.  He seemed ok and fairly knowledgable but then again we knew nothing so who knows.  My wife was sold on one of their spa's but lucky for us we were not totally ready for one......  6 months later they were out of business (phoenix spa's).  When we were really serious and looking again the dealer we visited (selling Elite Spa I believe) was very very casual (shorts and T-shirt with many tattoo's).  His company actually was selilng 2 brands, but I can't remember the other.  He was really slamming the one brand to build up the Elite spa. I didn't care much for this type of sales tactic and/or his appearance.  

My wife researched and scheduled us a visit at Olympic Hot Tubs (sells Hot Springs). They normally closed at 6pm but the lady said she would stay late so we could come by.  We arrived at 6:30pm and she was well dressed and very informative about both the HS and TR tubs.  We wet tested a few and left around 8:30pm.  I was impressed by Karen at Olympic and we purchased a Vanguard HS tub from Olympic.  

Then I guess this is out of the question...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:06:47 pm »

From what I have heard, Karen probably sold more Vanguards last year than anyone else in the nation.  Great spa, great dealer, great salesperson, professionally dressed.  
;)

RPG

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 12:22:09 pm »

How gauche!

For me, it's green tights (unless I'm sad, then it's purple) and my Magic Wand and my little hat with a feather.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »

It depends on whether you can fit in the outfit and properly fill it out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 12:47:21 pm »
I usually wear a HotSpring or Tiger River golf shirt and cargo shorts when it's warm, dockers when it's chilly.  Topsiders for shoes or sometimes Crocs when I'm cleaning filters and such.

No earbobs, no tattoos, no belly button bobs neither and sometimes no drawers.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 01:00:30 pm »

Terminator

So your firearms isn't the only way you "go commando"
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 01:01:32 pm »
I usually wear a HotSpring or Tiger River golf shirt and cargo shorts when it's warm, dockers when it's chilly.  Topsiders for shoes or sometimes Crocs when I'm cleaning filters and such.

Terminator

Term,
Is it safe to say that you are dressed for work in your avatar (photo)?   No earbobs or drawers, but I see that rifles are tolerable.   ;)

I think all the dealers I visited had a similar policy/uniform....they all were wearing golf shirts.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:02:25 pm by TN__HOT_TUB »
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 01:16:23 pm »
Term,
Is it safe to say that you are dressed for work in your avatar (photo)?   No earbobs or drawers, but I see that rifles are tolerable.   ;)

I think all the dealers I visited had a similar policy/uniform....they all were wearing golf shirts.

He's in Texas.  Firearms required.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 02:54:49 pm »
Golf shirt with logo, shorts in the summer. We  have a shapely water test girl who likes to get in her bikini to clean the spas and vac the pools, and we let that one slide, because wer'e flexable with our dress code.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »
Hi Dan-
It's Troy from San Diego. I definately think attire is crucial and a necessary component to being a successful spa dealer. In our showroom we require the men to wear caldera polo shirts with slacks and dress shoes, if we are outside doing an event, khacki shorts are acceptable.

For the women, because Watkins doesn't have many options (at least on the Caldera side) we just require them to be "business casual"

Up where you are maybe it's less crucial but in my opinion if we have spent all this money to make a nice professional looking store, then the salespeople need to fit that mold as well. Being professional from top to bottom is crucial.

Hope things are going well for you.
Troy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42