What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OK, let's here something about LA Spas.  (Read 4370 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
OK, let's here something about LA Spas.
« on: April 27, 2006, 09:02:24 pm »
We've talked about D1, Marquis, and Caldera now. I don't know much about LA spas. Let's here some info on LA Spas.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

OK, let's here something about LA Spas.
« on: April 27, 2006, 09:02:24 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: OK, let's here something about LA Spas.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:16:01 pm »
I like LA Spas. I am impressed with the strides they have made through recent years. Great quality product, innovative designs, high performance and a lot of bang for your buck. It is as good as any of the top ten brands, without the high costs of manufacturers advertising and marketing built into the price, like some of the well known brands. Dave.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:09:49 am »
Question ...not at all debating the quality of the LA Spas/but when you speak about price....I found them to be very comparably priced to any of the "premium line" spas...In fact to me most makers of any size seem to have at least 2 lines with one being a more price sensitive line and than the other being in line again with most premium makers....am I wrong ?

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:13:42 am »
Thanks for the kind words Dave & Mendo.

The Cliffs' Notes on L.A. Spas:

Started in 1976 by a guy named Bill Holmes.  3 years ago he sold to a financial group called Sage.  In the years just before the sale he did alot of things that  caused the name and reputation to go into the crapper.  Things like not keeping good people,not replacing reps,  not supporting dealers etc....Many dealers eventually left.
Anyway, since the new owners... Key people have been put back into key positions.  People from places like Sundance & D-1 etc...Quality is excellent now.  Territorritories that didnt have reps now have them. ;)

There are 2 series, the L.A & Tropical with Tropical being the lower end.  Every L.A. is offered in various jet configurations ( some have 4 ).  L.A. offers every option such as waterfalls, stereos, TV, etc... Less options are offered on Tropical.

We dont have a 5 million dollar advertisng budget but L.A. builds a very good quality spa and offers it's customers alot of options in how they can have it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 10:22:30 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 05:59:15 pm »
From what I know about LA spas, they are a ok brand. Lots of jets big horsepower (assuming it's brake horsepower) but from feedback I've heard from customers who wet test spas, they don't wet test as well as a Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi or Marqui

Also from what I remember their warranty doesn't cover parts and labor.  Make sure you ask the dealer to show you the "real warranty" located inside the spa, not just a warranty "highlight"

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:10:34 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Dave & Mendo.

Started in 1976 by a guy named Bill Holmes.  3 years ago he sold to a financial group called Sage.  .

I think it was 3 years ago I saw the LA line at the Ohio State Fair, it was a dealer from either Marion, or Upper Sandusky. (Too far for me to consider)   If they are back at the fair this year, what would I see different?  Or the same?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 07:44:08 pm »
From what I know about LA spas, they are a ok brand. Lots of jets big horsepower (assuming it's brake horsepower) but from feedback I've heard from customers who wet test spas, they don't wet test as well as a Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, D1, Jacuzzi or Marqui

Also from what I remember their warranty doesn't cover parts and labor.  Make sure you ask the dealer to show you the "real warranty" located inside the spa, not just a warranty "highlight"

I'm not sure what you mean by "real warranty".  That sounds like a dealer issue rather than a manufacturer one.  L.A. warrants: 20 yr structure, 7 surface, 5 plumbing, components etc.  Labor is 3.  Nothing trying to be hidden here, or are you trying to create an issue?

As far as your "feedback" obviously those would be the customers that came back and bought from you.  I think it would be safe to say that the customers that preferred the fit of the L.A. ( or whatever brand) would not come back to enlighten you with their report.

AND, you spelled Marquis wrong.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 07:46:50 pm »

I think it was 3 years ago I saw the LA line at the Ohio State Fair, it was a dealer from either Marion, or Upper Sandusky. (Too far for me to consider)   If they are back at the fair this year, what would I see different?  Or the same?

In the past year there have been many changes to the molds, so I would say that would be the most visible.  Alot of updating, smoothing lines, getting rid of the "Miami Vice" looking palm trees ( now being featured on Artesian's Island Series, thanks to Manny), also alot of internal changes ( packs etc..)
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 08:48:08 pm »

As far as your "feedback" obviously those would be the customers that came back and bought from you.  I think it would be safe to say that the customers that preferred the fit of the L.A. ( or whatever brand) would not come back to enlighten you with their report.

You got to be kidding me ... you mean that when I hang around an Artesian dealer or LA Spa dealer or ___ (fill in the blank) dealer I won't be hearing the praises of other spa companies as the dealer is writing up the order.

So that was missing when I bought my spa!  ;D ;)

sandiego

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 09:47:03 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean by "real warranty".  That sounds like a dealer issue rather than a manufacturer one.  L.A. warrants: 20 yr structure, 7 surface, 5 plumbing, components etc.  Labor is 3.  Nothing trying to be hidden here, or are you trying to create an issue?

Thanks for correcting my spelling. I was never good at grammer and since there isn't a marquis dealer here it's not an issue.

As far as my feeback from customers that's not entirely true. I always stay in contact with my customers and I'll admit that I've lost a few wet test to sundance for one reason or another and I've lost a few to Hot Spring for one reason or another but I've always heard that customers prefer Caldera, Hot Spring and Sundance to LA Spas. That's just what I've heard in my 10 years on the floor.

As far as the warranty I always tell customers to ask for the warranty before they buy because often times what is printed in the brochure is just a "highlight" of the warranty

And since we're on the subject correct me if I am wrong but LA Spas warranty for plumbing only covers parts and not the labor, which as we all know can be very expensive if a tech is having a problem finding the leak. Again I am not claiming I know exactly what the warranty is for LA and I'd love it if you would educate me correctly but when there was a dealer in my area he told his customers that LA's warranty was better than Sundance, Hot Spring and Caldera and that just wasn't true. He is no longer in business so I am not as familiar with LA as I used to be.

That being said I still always tell people to do research on their local dealer and to wet test. Make their own opinions.

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 11:51:11 pm »
And since we're on the subject correct me if I am wrong but LA Spas warranty for plumbing only covers parts and not the labor, which as we all know can be very expensive if a tech is having a problem finding the leak.

As I said in my earlier post, labor is 3.  

AND

I guess the trick would be to not have leaks to begin with.

Boy, there's never a Koolaid saleman around when you need one.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:54:22 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

sandiego

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 12:10:08 am »

As I said in my earlier post, labor is 3.  

AND

I guess the trick would be to not have leaks to begin with.

devl- thanks for clearing that up.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 01:21:59 am »

Save the Koolaid comments for the HS guys :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

salesdvl

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 09:49:40 am »

Save the Koolaid comments for the HS guys :D

True
Measure once, cut twice.

Vanguard

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 08:24:20 pm »
Hey, the Hot Spring guys drink the Hot Spring Kool Aid, because it tastes better!! ;) ;) ;)
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 08:24:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42