What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River Caspian-  (Read 6453 times)

Anoroc

Tiger River Caspian-
« on: April 24, 2006, 10:08:51 am »
I know that Drewstar has one of these spas.  My questions is can the five directional jets be converted to rotary jets.

How is the power of the jets on this spa.  I am not able to wet test at this time.

Do the filters work well?

I know I would have to pay extra for an ozone which would cost me another $300 or I can put in a jed on my own for $105.

Any onwers of this spa please tell me what you think.

I can get this spa for about $7,275

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River Caspian-
« on: April 24, 2006, 10:08:51 am »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Re: Tiger River Caspian-
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:14:17 am »
Sorry to but in, but I just finished reading your other thread with all your problems and thought the dealer agreed to give you full credit on the defective spa.  Are you upgrading to a larger one now?  

It's monday and I'm still cob-web'd up....only 1 cup java down so far... ;D
Better than I deserve...

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:16:45 am »
I have been given full credit on what I paid to apply to any spa.  I am now considering all options within reason.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 10:18:13 am »
Yes, you can put in the JED unit if you choose. But you will pay about the same over time since you have to replace it sooner. If you look at Delzone you will also save up front but pay down the road as the chambers need to be replace every year.

Yes, the large jets can be converted to spinners. Very easy.

Yes the filters work well, but not as well as a HS. There are bypass arrangements on the one pump, and the other pump does not pull through a filter at all. You will run the pump longer.

This is a good tub - the folks I have sold them to seem to enjoy them.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:21:48 am »
anaroc

As you know, I like my spa alot.   For the money, I think it's an all aound decent tub.  Fun, comforable, a lot of quality bang for the buck.  The foot dome is great,   2 cool off seats,  a vaireity of jets, open seating, bucket seating.  etc....

You must, absolutely wet test this spa.   At 350 gallons, some folks felt it was too shallow.

As far as the power and therapy, once again, it's got 2 pumps, (one is a 2 speed).    the only way if this if right for you is to sit in it.  For me, it's fine.  But that is all relative...

My tub has 24 hr circ  with ozone.  I have had no water probelms and it filters fine.    (I use my tub 3 x week) My wife jumps in once a week and about once a month we have company over (4 folks).    Maybe if you were to use the tub more than that you might need better filtration?

All I can say if the above sounds good, it's worth a wet test.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 10:36:03 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:21:59 am »
Anoroc, Does this dealer only sell Watkins spas?
Measure once, cut twice.

Anoroc

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 10:26:37 am »
Anoroc, Does this dealer only sell Watkins spas?

Yes, only Watkins spas.  HS and Tiger River...

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 10:29:23 am »
bummer
Measure once, cut twice.

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 10:39:37 am »
I have been given full credit on what I paid to apply to any spa.  I am now considering all options within reason.

Gotcha!  Congratulation on the credit..lots of work on your part.  For what it's worth, 2 weeks in, we love our Sundance Bahia.  Very powerful, modest on the jets but does a super job.  W/stereo/cd player and ozone 05 wet floor model was delivered w/cover lifter for $5999.99+tax.

Good luck.

ps...damn...just read the other posts and you are limited to just the two brands.  From what drewstar says about his spa, it sounds extremely similar to the Bahia, foot dome, 2 pumps (1 is 2 speed), 360 gallons etc.  I'm 6' even, wife is 5'7 and its fine for us.  My son is 16 and 6'2...the deepest seat is good for him.  Again, good luck.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 10:44:43 am by luvin_tubin_sqezin »
Better than I deserve...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 10:45:09 am »

Yes, only Watkins spas.  HS and Tiger River...

good news.   ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 11:00:07 am »

good news.   ;)

Given the problems Anoroc had, I just meant it would have been nice to have an alternative manufacturer to choose from.   Maybe the original decision to buy a Hot Spring was because of an exclusive feature. Maybe the highly touted no bypass filtering.  Now, however, there were major problems and if there isnt another Hot Spring within a budget or that fits comfortably, he is forced to pick from a Tiger River line that does by-pass. My point was that if he wanted this to begin with maybe he would have purchased something else to begin with.  So... no it may NOT be good news.
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 11:11:53 am »
I don't think the problems Anorac had with the first tub were common, and typical of the tub.  I think he got a lemon.

So, he could just simpley get what he originally picked out and no harm no foul. He's in a postion of getting what he picked out, or upgrading.

the manufactuer he chose is fine and considered to be the industry standard.

I wouldn't now make this an issue and/or confuse this situation.

He  is not being "forced back" ,  that's just plain  ridicolous.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:15:33 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 11:14:15 am »

Given the problems Anoroc had, I just meant it would have been nice to have an alternative manufacturer to choose from.   Maybe the original decision to buy a Hot Spring was because of an exclusive feature. Maybe the highly touted no bypass filtering.  Now, however, there were major problems and if there isnt another Hot Spring within a budget or that fits comfortably, he is forced to pick from a Tiger River line that does by-pass. My point was that if he wanted this to begin with maybe he would have purchased something else to begin with.  So... no it may NOT be good news.

There truly can be a symbiotic relationship between manufacturer and dealer (customer).  Do you think Mario (RSM) would have been as strong an advocate for Anoroc  if he thought Anoroc would end up exchanging his Jetsetter for another brand?

I don't mean this question to be about Hot Spring or any other manufacturer.  More a question about human nature and business.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

salesdvl

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 11:17:32 am »
I don't think the problems Anorac had with the first tub were common, and typical of the tub.  I think he got a lemon.

I agree
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:18:18 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 11:23:11 am »
 Do you think Mario (RSM) would have been as strong an advocate for Anoroc  if he thought Anoroc would end up exchanging his Jetsetter for another brand?

Not a snowball's chance.  They would have forced him to keep his lemon.  I simply said that it might have been nice to have another choice.  it doesnt really matter who the manufacturer is.  If you buy a Saturn because it has dent resistant resin doors and then 6 months later the doors peel, it might be nice to have bought it from a dealer that also sells another brand rather than having to pick another Saturn, or a lower end car made by Saturn.   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:24:10 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 11:23:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42