What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sams Club Members Mark M35  (Read 21330 times)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Sams Club Members Mark M35
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:26 am »
They will probably have to ammend their refund policy on the spa (similar to computers, etc.)

You'll probably have to box it back up and return it to the store within 90 days.  I'd say most folks will wrestle with the problem for 90 days before throwing in the towel and asking for a refund (not to mention keeping the packaging materials and finding a way to get it back to the store).

Member's Mark brand?  
 Not sure I'd want my Spa to have the same brand name as our paper towels.
  But that's just me.

I'm pretty sure that Sam's Club has the same return policy as Costco.  It's be really fun to return a spa.  I bet that the good folk at either place just come a runnin' when you tell them you want a refund.  

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:26 am »

cappykat

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 10:11:35 am »
If I were a Jacuzzi dealer, I'd be really worried right now.  It sounds like they're getting ready to drop their dealer network and go mass market.  I wonder who'll be next.

Do we know for sure that this MM is really made by Jacuzzi?
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:53 am »

Do we know for sure that this MM is really made by Jacuzzi?

I'm taking ReesePT at his word until he proves untrustworthy.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 10:28:57 am »
Do the Jacuzzi dealers get paid to deliver these spas?

Terminator

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

Jacuzzi has been making low end spas with and without the Jacuzzi name for the mass for years.  When we sold Jacuzzi it was sometimes difficult to explain the differences between the Home Depot/Costco spa vs. ours.  Jacuzzi told us their margins were very skinny on these.

Jacuzzi dealers do not deliver these spas.  Most Jacuzzi dealers choose not to service these spas, although Jacuzzi would love them to do so.

As you know, the price points for mass market Jacuzzis vs. dealer Jacuzzis are far more different than the Highlife vs. Classic Sovereign for example.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 10:31:14 am »
I was deadly serious.

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 11:13:12 am »
Term,
 If you can't see the differences in the two scenarios, well..............

This is just made by Jacuzzi. The jets, shell, filtration, etc. are not the same as the Jacuzzi Premium.

I don't think the Costco situation would have gotten much play if Watkins just manufactured a generic spa for the mass merchandisers. They decided to sell a true blue HotSpring at Costco.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 11:15:10 am »
Members Mark by Jacuzzi.
Highlife by the makers of HotSpring.
??? ??? ???

Terminator

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 11:23:32 am »
OK, it's true. Tub produced by Jacuzzi/Sundance. Local dealers are in no way involved with delivery instalation nor warranty if they don't want to be, but can if they want to, no need to "sign up" for it. Sam's curb side delivery and 100% satisfaction guarantee, returnable LESS shipping. The fact still remains though, this spa is/was never any part of either the Jacuzzi or Sundance product lines, and bears no resemblance to any of the product currently or in the past that was/is ever on either of the respective show room floors. Unless someone did some digging (not to much, but it had to be done to find this info out) they would never know who the manufacturer of this spa was. At least not until they called the 800 number for warranty service. At which time they would be refered to a J or S dealer/service company. So to say this in any way parallels what watkins is doing isn't exactly correct. Watkins is promoting this discontinued HS spa as ...(directly coppied)...

From the makers of Hot Spring® Spas. The Highlife spa features 24 adjustable jets, including the famous Moto-Massage® jet, which creates a warm stream of water sweeping up and down the muscles along the entire length of your back. With the advanced IQ 2020™ control system, enjoying your spa is easy, simply set it and forget it! The sleek control panel is backlit with LED lighting for enhanced visibility and an auxiliary control panel allows you to operate the jets and lighting while you relax inside the spa.

The 24 hour circulation pump and 100% No-Bypass filtration keeps your spa water clean even during use. And the Highlife spa’s energy-efficient design – with full foam insulation and insulated, locking cover – helps keep monthly costs low.

Multi-level seating within the elegantly designed spa shell provides a comfortable seat for adults and children of varying heights. And, to complement the granite-like Sand shell, the synthetic Redwood cabinet delivers the warmth and beauty of real wood without the need for ongoing maintenance.

So we are talking two VASTLY different marketin models. One says by this spa it's a Hot Spring Spa, the other says buy this spa or don't it makes no difference to us.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 11:25:17 am »
No where in any marketin of that spa does it say Members Mark "by Jacuzzi" Hey, if you can find it, put up the link, I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong.

Members Mark by Jacuzzi.
Highlife by the makers of HotSpring.
 ??? ??? ???

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 11:28:49 am »
Exactly Wisoki.

They aren't touting as Member's Mark by Jacuzzi. It only says "manufacterd by a leading spa prducer in th USA"

Not the same Term, sorry. ;)

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=127292
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 11:28:53 am »
Still, I have to wonder how MANY sales Jacuzzi/Sundance has taken away from the dealers using this scheme.  I know there have been a lot of folks come in my store over the years wanting service on a spa they bought from Sam's, Lowes, or Home Depot.

Terminator

hymbaw

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 11:38:44 am »
At least they're not using the Jacuzzi/Sundance name, reputation, and product to do it.

We as Jacuzzi/Sundance dealers can still differentiate our product and it's features from what is found at the big box. Can you? :o

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
Historically they have gone back and forth.  They used to sell the so and so by Jacuzzi.  They sold the Z series.  They sold the Ridondo at Costco.com even while delaers still had it.

Now they are simply hiding it.  Hot Spring is being transparant.

Jacuzzi is being sneaky???

Both companies balancing their shareholders, dealers, market demands, big boxes, etc.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 12:03:02 pm »
At least they're not using the Jacuzzi/Sundance name, reputation, and product to do it.

That would REALLY make me upset, to be undercut in that fashion.

Oh, well.  I'm glad we WERE told about it and included. :)

Terminator

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 12:11:06 pm »
I'm glad that you are glad to be included. Me, I'd rather let them do what they will with the cheaper product and let me stick to selling my high quality Jacuzzi and Caldera spas.

That would REALLY make me upset, to be undercut in that fashion.

Oh, well.  I'm glad we WERE told about it and included. :)

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 12:11:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42